You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Vietnam Prankster

Real Ghost Stories

Vietnam Prankster

 

This story is about a ghost that haunts the building I work in. I wanted to share this with the group because it is a nice story and shows that not all of our spiritual visitors are evil in intention. If you read my other story, you know that I am in the Air Force. I am stationed at Keesler AFB right now, in one of the schools. I have not ever seen this ghost, however I spoke with a coworker who has and got some descriptions of him for you.

This ghost is tall and skinny. Not terribly skinny, but certainly not a heavy person either. He has grayish sandy hair and is wearing a Vietnam era fatigue uniform. My coworker doesn't know his name, but she doesn know he is a Colonel, she has seen the rank on his uniform.

My interactions with this ghost are humorous. I used to hear stories that this building was haunted and that you could hear people working upstairs when there is no one there. Someone once told me about hearing noises coming from a room that is empty, but they could hear a bunch of equipment noises. Because of these stories, I avoid upstairs at night though I've never encountered those specific hauntings.

The first time this ghost played a trick on me was when I was trying to unlock a door to go into a storage room. I would enter in the combination perfectly and it would not unlock. Out of frustration I let a heavy sigh and said "Oh come on and open up." Immediately after I said that, I heard the lock bolt clunk over and the door swung open. I was nervous, as this was the first time and I wasn't sure what sort of intentions were behind it. He may have sensed that because he left me alone for about a week. Then again, messing with me trying to unlock the room. Once I realized he wasn't going to hurt me, I was just laugh and ask him if I could get into the room now. He'd oblige and I'd go about my day. After a few months, he started to play the same trick on me on other doors.

One day my class had gone on break. I had left the door unlocked so they could return to the room when they were done in case I hadn't gotten back before them. When I returned to my class they were waiting outside of the room. I asked them why they hadn't gone in, one of them told me the door was locked. I told them I had left it unlocked and to go in. The young man turned the handle and shook the door, showing that it was indeed locked. I was standing across the hall with intentions of talking to another instructor in the room across the hallway while this was happening. After the young man let go of the handle, I heard the bolt slide over and the door opened up.

He still messes with me with doors. Sometimes I'll come back to my desk and something is moved. This could obviously just be coworker moving things, and I recognize that. However, things moving inside of my locked drawers, for instance from one drawer to another is not being done by a coworker.

I actually enjoy the encounters, he's always good for a laugh. Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by JoBee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JoBee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JoBee (2 stories) (15 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
[at] QT~ You would think so. He's paid me more attention than anyone else. He's sweet though. He plays until he sees that you are getting annoyed. I really don't mind him at all.

[at] taz~ The kid actually looked at me with big wide eyes (including the other 11 kids that saw it happen) and put his hands up to show that he didn't do it. It was the talk of the classroom for the next hour at a minimum. The students are pretty funny about it... Especially those that don't believe!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
great post jobee thanks for sharing 😊
A fun story on here is so refreshing to read, have to ask how did the young guy react when the door opened?
Like javalina said please keep us posted on his antics, realy enjoyed this one.
Carl
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Buah. How irking though.
When that happened to me in a apartment in Kenai Alaska I had to ask myself, "I know I left it there, I know I'm not getting old..."
The door locking is something that never happened to me though.
Thanks for sharing your story, it was cute. He seems to be flirting with you.

❤ Qt
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
I have no idea how to email you on here JoBee.😢 I can tell you right here though. I know before he retired he was Tech Sargent Cox. I don't know if there is a title change after he retired or not, but he still teaches up there. He has silver hair, has a sweet smile, and twinkly blue eyes. He had heart surgeries a while back and was forced to take vacation time because he wanted to go back to work too soon. But that was a couple of years ago. 😆 man I love my dad! Any way I love your story! 😉
JoBee (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
As I said, I've never actually seen him, so I'm having to go off of my coworkers' (yes many) encounters. She said that it looked like Vietnam War era uniform, and she could clearly see the Col insignia. Also, se mentioned that he looked so real that she just walked by him like he was just another person in the building. Then because she realized that his uniform was out of the ordinary she turned around to get another look and he wasn't there anymore.

The locked door theory is pretty interesting. No one seems to know a back story on him, so it'll take quite a bit of digging I think to find anything. I wonder what this building was used for. I should go look that up.

Gelflingfay-if you feel comfortable with the idea, you can e-mail me and tell me who your dad is. Maybe I know him. I work as a radio technician instructor, so it sounds like he might be close by to me.

Thanks for reading and posting everyone! I'm glad my experiences can show the lighter side of the other side.
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
Hey my dad works at Keesler AFB. He is a tech teacher. He also does some ITT work, or atleast did. I am not sure if he does anymore though... I have seen a ghost there a couple of times standing in the hall when I would run in to get my dad, but he was younger. I have heard a bout the one you are talking about too. Pretty neat to hear someone else talk about the things I have experienced in the same places I have been. Keesler has a lot of ghosts actually. Like in the library. You could feel it watching you. I miss going up to Keesler... 😢
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
What better way to show your appreciation for fellow AF buddies than to pull pranks on them in typical military fashion. 😉 I really enjoyed reading this experience. Thank you for sharing it!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
JoBee,
I just had a thought, and I'm not trying to put any damper on the story, far from it. But it occurred to me that maybe his having an affinity with locks on doors is something significant about his life experience. Him appearing in fatigues is another. Inside a building, not out on the flight line. Why fatigues?
I'm wondering if he may have, at one time, been a POW?
Is there any way to check? He messes with your locked drawers too.
It would make sense that he would hang around and have fun with people. Perhaps making up for lost time?

Jav ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
JoBee,
I love this guy! A Colonel? That's priceless! Two things that many would either fear or at lest have a healthy respect for. And he is playing it for all it's worth!
I'm so glad you posted this one JoBee. You are so right, it is nice to hear about the good encounters people have with spirits.
Like I said before, I love a trickster!
You must keep us updated on any future activity with him, I think he enjoys being noticed for his antics.

Jav 😆 😆
Yasmeene (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
hahaha. Wow your lucky he is harmless... And amazed you remain calm around it too... I try to remain calm but I always tell mine to back off... It freaks me out even if its just there to see.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: