You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Jealous Child?

Real Ghost Stories

A Jealous Child?

 

The following happened to me about a year ago. I only recently discovered the site, and have been debating on whether I wanted to publish my experience. I've been afraid to, though I'm not quite sure why. But I'm ready now, and here it is.

The night it happened, I was sleeping over at a friend's house. Her house has always made me feel a bit uneasy, and the fact that the power was out that night didn't lessen the feeling at all. When it was time for bed we tried to sleep, but it was quite hot in her room upstairs (no power, no ac) so we decided to go downstairs and sleep on the couches in her living room. It was about 3:30 in the morning.

My friend fell asleep long before I did. As I was lying awake, just staring at the ceiling, I heard someone run down the stairs. This was a bit perplexing as I had thought everyone but me was asleep. I was compiling a list of possible suspects, but then I realized there were none.

Her mother and father were asleep, and had not left the room since 10 that evening. Plus, whatever had run down the stairs sounded to be the size a young child. My friend's little sister was two, so that ruled her out. Her brother who was 7 at the time wasn't even home. And it definitely wasn't my friend as she was fast asleep across from me!

As soon as I concluded that that couldn't have been anyone in the house, I heard a loud scream. It was not something I heard with my ears, though. The scream was in my head. All of a sudden, I felt something jump on my chest and start pounding on it with what felt like little fists. It was not painful, just a really intense pressure.

I tried to yell, but I couldn't. I could barely even move. I gathered up all my strength and managed to mutter, "Who are you? What are you? What do you want from me?"

Everything stopped in an instant.

As you can probably imagine, I didn't sleep at all that night. The following morning I left without saying much to my friend. When I finally did tell her about what happened, I found out something quite interesting.

Apparently, she used to see a little boy in white sitting outside her window. Whatever ran down the stairs and jumped on my chest sounded and felt like a little kid.

Here's one of my theories as to who this ghost was, and why it targeted me. I believe it may have been that the spirit of a child saw my friend as HIS friend, and wanted me gone because he was jealous. Of course, maybe it was something else entirely. I'd love to hear what you think.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DuhhMuffin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ShilRoy13 (10 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-03)
Great story, just enjoyed reading it.
I think he was not at all jealous of you the reason was something else. 😕
DuhhMuffin (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
[at] helpthepoor

Hmm... I didn't think of it like that. Maybe he was just lonely

[at] DeviousAngel

My friend moved out of the room where she saw him out the window after her little sister was born, actually. Maybe it missed her. And I did go back on other time. It started happening again, this time upstairs. I heard the scream and got the same feeling of terror. This time I told it to leave me alone please, and it stopped.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
I agree with your assessment and I think it is very possible that this was a jealous child's spirit. That is a really scary experience and I do not blame you for booking it out of there like you did. Did your friend ever mention a change in the activity she experienced with the child? Did you ever go over there again?
helpthepoor (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
your probably right about the spirit being jelouse, but if it was a childs spirit he/she probably only wanted to play.
Well if I was a ghost I would want a friend, that may make someone jelouse to not have a friend while they see you having a sleepover.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: