You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Experiences With Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

My Experiences With Spirits

 

My family moved to an old trailer home when I was just starting high school. From the beginning there were some odd things, but we ignored them for the most part. The doorbell would go off for no apparent reason, but we rationalized it was a faulty system. Things we couldn't explain were the feeling of being touched.

We knew before we bought it that the former owner's wife had died in the house, but we didn't really think that it was her. But she's actually responded to her name, which was a bit of a shock to my mother and I, who were the ones that actively trying to figure it out. My mom and I now talk to her when we get the feeling that we're being watched, touched, or something happens that we've looked high and low to pass off as something else besides her.

The oddest part I thought was that most of the activity actually takes place in my room, which isn't were the lady died, but where her husband slept. I'll be walking through the room and as I do I'll feel something tug at the back of my shirt or touch my neck. I hadn't told my mother until recently the things that happened to me, but I don't know if she believes me or not.

The activity inside the house has actually picked up ever since my three-year-old niece has come to play at the house.

The only bad experience I've ever had has been from the garage we had built just south of the house, and I don't stay in there if I don't have to. Whatever is in there does not like me and has made it known it doesn't like me. And my old room actually faced that garage and it knew that too. I won't go into what actually happened to me in the garage or the other times that it harassed me, but I'll tell you that it scared the life out of me and I blessed my house routinely to keep whatever that was out.

Thankfully I don't live there anymore, but my parents still do, though they've never had the problem with the garage that I did.

Other hauntings by sensitivetoenergy

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sensitivetoenergy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

RIPparanormal (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
Hi, My name is Amanda. I run a paranormal group in North Dakota. I'm wondering if you have ever had any type of investigations done, or if you've ever tried to communicate with the entity yourself? Would you or your parents ever consider and investigation?
Your story is very interesting and is just the type we have done in the past and are looking for. Let us know! Thanks.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
I agree, I am curious about what happened in the garage. You said that the woman responded to her name. How did she respond? Did you guys try asking her to cross over or move on? That might be a good start. If you had a bad experience in the garage, I might not be inclined to think it was the woman unless she had any reason to dislike you or disapprove of your being in the home she lived in.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
I'm very interested In what happened to you in the garage. If possible, and if you feel comfortable enough, could you share in email?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: