You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Black Non-human Entity

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Non-human Entity

 

The year was 2007 I was 12 years of age. I was talking to my friend Kevin, on the phone. I want to note that I have always had an interest in the paranormal, but on this particlular night I was thinking anything but something paranormal. I looked at my phone and the time said around 10:30ish. Anyway I continued talking to me friend on the phone since he lives in the Bahamas, I don't see him a lot. I was standing in my garage while our call was in session.

Around 11: 12 I had told Kevin I was tired and I hung up the phone. The next thing I see will stick with me in my memories my whole life. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a black shape standing at the intersection of my neighborhood cul-de-sac and the main street. I turned around and focused on it's features. It stood perfectly still was about 5 1/2 feet tall. It had no eyes, no ears but I remember it having what looked like a tail. It seemed to be an eterninty. Then I looked down at my phone to check the time and when I looked back the figure was gone.

I was very puzzled but not totally frightened. I remember researching the folklore of the English BLACK DOg or BLACK SHUCK. Lengend has it that the "BLACK DOG" appears at crossroads and has the characteristics of black eyes, which probably explains why I couldn't see his eyes it was dark out and he was black? This only happened one time but I will never forget. The thought frightens me, why was the figure their what did it want I don't know but it was truley an extrordinary experience.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ctillison, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
I have seen shadow people al so in a grave yard just after subset moving in and out among the tumb stones I agree that they seem to be harmless but still it is creepy to see them. Thanks for sharing!
Meeko (1 stories) (6 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-29)
[at] Orath: Not totally true. While I did read they're omenous beast and seeing one means death. They also say sometimes it. Guides those who have lost their way home.
Oerath (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
It seems unlikely that what you saw was a Cu Sidhe (my favorite name for Black Dogs). They are generally considered to be an omen of death or mayhem if seen randomly. Since you saw it at a crossroads, which is a favorite haunt for them, it probably wouldn't have been an omen, but it still should have given off waves of terror. They are apparently quite unpleasant beasts. Sound like it could have been a Shadow Person, though there are some minor discrepancies. In all, these things are often hard to judge, especially when the encounter is so brief.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
well I love to talk about non-human entities. But I am not completely sure that is what you saw. How far away were you from this being? Does the street have lights? Do you wear glasses?

The reason I ask these things is not to try to disprove your account but merely to get as many details as I can to make a somewhat educated guess. Humans do not have good eye sight at night. We just plain don't have that ability. Could it be possible that it was carrying something that made it look like a tail? How can you be certain it didn't have eyes? It is very possible that you saw a shadow person or maybe even a nature spirit of some kind. It appears that it didn't want to be seen by you based on the quickness that it fled from the scene when you looked away to your phone
91mmturbo (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
My grandfathers saw one of each. One saw a black faceless figure in the middle of the road by the light of the moon. It would not let him pass by for several minutes. When it did, it did not give chase. The other woke up hollering in the middle of the day following a nap screaming at my father to help him. He kept saying, "take it away, take it away!' He exclaims that there was a huge black dog circling the bed and staring at him and would not leave... Creepy
reptilian (45 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
how clearly defined was it in regards to seeing details? And what was its shape? Did it stand upright like a person or on all fours like an animal?
StudentDO (1 stories) (13 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-26)
It sounds like you came across a shadow person. They, at least from my experience are not dangerous at all. They tend to lurk and sulk about. It could also have been a normal spirit that didn't have enough energy to fully materialize or didn't want to... The tail could have been an incomplete corpolization of the entity. If it was black shuck it would have had one bright golden eye.

The good thing, I hope, is that you haven't seen any other spirits. If not I'm sorry. Post if you want any other info about this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: