You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Old Spirit Friend

Real Ghost Stories

My Old Spirit Friend

 

This will be a quite hard-to-tell story because there will not be a real "scary climax" inside it. I apologize for that in advance.

Anyways I'd like to share it because it might be some kind of addendum to my previous stories - so please take your time to read it.

To say the least, I am happy NOT to have too many active "every-day contacts" at the moment/anymore.

Please let me summarize in short points for those who don't know my previous stories:

I have had lots of good/delightful direct-contacts many years ago (10+) before somehow I lost time/interest/connection to that topic for many years.

In the past few months spirits seem to have "popped in" to my life again, probably because I started dealing with that topic again (in my sub consciousness) and/or because of recent "not-so-nice happenings" around me which I just had to cope with.

I eventually dealt with those "happenings" (one particular haunting, to be precise) using contact, cleansing and so on, and everything went back to normal for me within weeks.

After that, I stopped all active contacts whatsoever to bring up a more peaceful life for my family and me.

Okay; I had lots of contacts in the far past, then for a long time nothing at all, then a little unpleasant "incident", and then nothing again for a couple of months now.

Please read my previous stories for more detailed information, I'd finally like to get to the point here though.:)

So, about a year ago I completely stopped all active "paranormal contacts" of any kind because I'm having young children in my house and (as implied above) we had some quite "rattling" experiences with ghosts/spirits in the months before. Everything seemed calm for a few months, there were absolutely no signs of any presences in my house or around me, or at least I successfully closed my eyes to them (I can't say).

At one point, about 2 or 3 months ago, I made a random "call" (mentally) to my "old spirit friend" who I've been in frequent contact with many many years ago (see one of my previous stories about that) - just to see if he was still around and because I was curious. The conversation lasted for only a couple of minutes and it was very vague, that's why I gave it up soon and I kind of forgot about the topic again. I didn't attempt to contact him anymore and I really lost the whole thing out of my thoughts because I was too busy about work and stuff like that. Anyway, some time (weeks) later things started getting pretty interesting again.

For example, if nobody was at home, I sometimes suddenly heard somebody in the kitchen opening the refrigerator and complaining why there was no food (why is there no butter... Milk... Bread... Or whatever) and closing it again. Most of the time it was my wife's voice, but sometimes also my wife's sister's voice (this happened about 2 times so far).

One time, when I was sitting in the bedroom at my laptop, working, I suddenly heard my wife outside calling for her sister to come to the living room. I opened the door, checked what's going on because I thought to be alone at home, but nobody was there. The house was all empty but me.

Sometimes, also when being completely alone at home, and I am in the bedroom, in the kitchen or on the toilet, I hear the front door closing with the usual gentle closing sound like one of my family or myself would have closed it.

Sometimes when I'm in my bedroom (my working place is there, facing the door), in the corner of my eye I can see my wife (or my wife's sister or somebody else) in the living room, walking from left to right towards the kitchen. Again, when I go out to check nobody is there.

I'm alone at home every time such things happen.

Well, things like these happened to me about 5-6 times already during the last 6-8 weeks. Especially the closing front door or other (familiar) sounds in the living room that would indicate somebody to just have arrived at home happen again and again! But for sure there is nobody at home but me, no visitors, none of the kids, just me!

I am not really scared by that stuff although sometimes it (naturally) gives me the creeps, but most of the time I just find it confusing and I shrug my shoulders.

Of course I also cannot rule out that in some of the cases my mind is playing tricks on me (I know how the human mind works), but I don't believe that to be the case in every occasion. Sometimes I think that I don't need to "wonder" about it since I brought the "thinking about spiritual beings" back into my life on my own, so there is no wonder that "they" or "one of them" might be back for whatever reason.

What leaves me puzzled though is that all those minor (really only minor) happenings use to occur ONLY when there's nobody else in the house but me! There is really NOTHING happening whenever any of the other family members are at home, even when they are soundly asleep.

If you've read my previous stories you might know that I've had previous issues about ghosts haunting some members of my family, which I totally disliked and until now I would not accept "behaviour" like that.

Maybe these happenings might be some kind of "message" to me like "okay sorry, we won't scare your family any more, but if it's only you around, might it be okay to contact you?".

Maybe it's even my very self causing these sounds or movements (?) in a telekinetic way or something like that? I don't rule that out although I never had any "abilities" like those so far *gg*, but I believe it's possible.

Who knows, I really cannot tell!

Assuming that there were any spirit/s trying to contact me (again), would you respond to the "messages" or would you keep on trying to ignore them/shun them away?! Usually I used to respond without any big hesitation, but due to the fact that I don't want to involve my family members too much, I am a little bit sceptical about what to do.

Ah and by the way, I can almost surely rule out that it's my "old spirit friend" Cecil behind all those happenings. My guts would just tell me different and he would know the exact time and way to contact me, if he really needed to. Despite that it's always been difficult for him to produce noises or movements or any other sensations of that sort.

Hmmm...

Does somebody have good advice for me?

Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by cecil04

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cecil04, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
[at] Fanny: thanks a lot for re-reading my story, this really makes me happy! And sorry for my late reply, I haven't been on this page for weeks...

Your story sounds quite similar to mine, in both cases everything points to a "shy spirit" or something like that!
To be honest, I never "cared" about it since november any more because I was very busy during the last weeks/months.
Means I just didn't pay any attention to it...

In the coming few weeks my family and me will move to another house and I will watch out if "it" will follow us. Respectively, I will even invite him/her to do so since so far there was really NO negative turbulence of any sort.

What to do about it? Hmm I decided to just leave it like that.
If "we" don't disturb each other then that spirit or ghost will be most welcome and accepted around me!:)

I think you should do the same if you felt no threat at all about the whole thing!

All the best and thanks again!
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-09)
Ok so I tried reading your story again. This time I read it out loud and that seemed to help.

I have a ghost in my house too, well actually two, but I think I accidently banished one accross the street because it scared me so bad one night. Anyway my point was, my boyfriend has lived in this house for a year and a half before I moved in and never had any experiences. I actually think they may have followed me here because I have never had any experiences here either until I moved in. My experiences will happen whether he is here or not but we can be in the same room and I'll hear a loud bang like a door slamming and he won't hear a thing. It's quite strange really.

I don't think it's your mind playing tricks on you and I completely disagree with Jim's demon. I think you may just have a shy ghost that is attracted to you, like mine. What to do about it I have no idea but it doesn't sound harmful so I guess it's really up to you.

Best,
Fanny ❤
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
Thanks for your advice JimD, but I can definitely rule out that this is something "demonic" or "evil" of some sort.

Actually "it" behaves relatively "shy" to me! After telling "it" to leave me alone, it really did, for the last few days already.
Whenever I "tell it" that it's okay and that I wouldn't worry, it will surely come back in one form or another.

An update to my story: it doesn't only appear to happen when I am all alone, it also seems to appear if only grown-ups are in the house! I mean if all the children are at some other place.
That's very interesting to me and it makes me smirk sometimes because at some point it seems to happen quite predictably.

If ever I had the feeling that this was something "evil" or if I lost control over it, I would be alert of course - but none of those happened so far.
I'm still researching about the feng-shui topic as gelflingfay suggested, but I don't have any more clues yet regarding to this topic.

In my opinion this is some spirit who is just quite curious about me but who also seems to respect me a lot - or something like that.
It's kind of funny to be honest, maybe I should give it a try and contact "it" (some more)... 😊

I'd be happy about more response of the readers!

This comment from JimD is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
[at] gelflingfay: thanks for your advice! Well my guts/instict somehow tell me to try to find out what this is all about!
But on the other hand I'm happy to "live in peace" again. Maybe because I don't really have the time and energy for dealing about this at the moment. I will see...
Your feng-shui part sounds interesting, I don't know anything about that and it's news for me that this can be in connection with spiritual activity!
I will google about that for sure, thanks again:)

[at] fanny: well I'm sorry, I also thought to myself already that I need to get rid of those many () in my writing style.
I will try not to use too many brackets in my future stories and comments.
I hope you find the time to read my story again, if you like!

[at] miac: no no, my wife and sister are alive! Sorry if the references to my other stories confused you.
Actually my other stories only deal with my previous contacts/hauntings and they explain the "OFF/ON process" I experienced in the past years.
You don't need to read them unless you wish to know more details about my past - you can read this one independently from my previous stories!
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-29)
I didn't even get all the way through the story. All the () kept making me lose my place. Sorry
gelflingfay (1 stories) (52 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
If you are hesitant because of your family then just do what your instincts tell you to do. This is the best thing to work with through things like this. Also check your home layout and where it is geographically. There might be a feng shui element that might be bringing these thing. IT is certainly something to atleast think about. I had read about a house in the Philippines that was terribly haunted! It was built in a valley and all the water flowed down causing a lot of energy build up and a lot of spiritual activity in the home. It was a minefield of activity. There was a spirit/s that would appear to be people who lived in the home and caused all kinds of confusion. Perhaps it is something like this. It is worth a thought... Good luck on this! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: