You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: A Ghost In The Girls Changing Room?

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost In The Girls Changing Room?

 

I'm Ruth, I'm 13 years old and this "encounter" happened a couple weeks ago to my friend Lisa and I. This seriously freaked us out so please don't mock or tease us.

In my high school, the girls changing room lights hardly ever come on so we all usually have to get changed in the dark. Most of us just use our phone or iPod light to see. I don't why this is. It could be a entity messing around with the electrics or just faulty lighting. I don't know.

Lisa and I had to speak to a teacher so we were a little late for our P.E class and everyone had already changed. We weren't scared because, as I said, we're used to getting changed in the dark. We sensed a presence almost straight away. There was obviously stupid stories about teachers who had killed themselves or been killed in the school but no one really believes in them, they're just a laugh.

Let me get this straight, Lisa and I are NOT superstitous.

We looked around and saw a sort of white cloudy figure. It wasn't really in the shape of anything but there was something quite ghostly about it. It didn't seem to be malicious or evil but Lisa and I still freaked out and bolted. When everyone came back to get changed back into our uniform, it was gone. We never saw it again and no one really believes us when we talk about it.

Do you have any idea what it could have been? Thank you

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AhoyLorna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
Ruth - there are a few things it could have been that are NOT paranormal.
As it was the girls' locker room, do you have showers there? Could it have been a weird puff of steam coming from the showers? If someone opened a shower door/curtain, or something like that right after taking a shower, a big cloud of steam can roll out...

Could it have been someone's light colored clothing on a hanger or thrown over an open locker door? A long jacket or something like that can appear to be a person from across a dark room... (Let me tell you about the time I was startled by an oddly-placed jacket...)

Could it even have been a very real person, like the one mentioned above, pale and not wanting to go out?

How close were you to it? How well did you see it?
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-07)
OMG Madellfrey you're SOOOOO cool. You know what would be awesome for you to do? Go to an AA meeting and say stuff like "alcoholism isn't a real disease". You're bound to be totally sucessful at that too! (LOOOOOOVE your profile).
ngute80 (220 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-01)
Madelffey-
I just went to your profile. Did you come here as a joke or to make fun of the rest of us who take this site seriously? I don't find you funny or amusing. Don't you have better things to do with your time?
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-01)
Well said granny. I couldn't have said it better myself 😊. I'm sick of reading fabricated stories from teenagers. And adults for that matter.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Madelffrey: Just curious: does your husband attend high school with you?...And how did you see a ghost in the dark when you're blind?...And since you're blind, how do you know it was dark?...And why would you care?...

Go troll somewhere else...There's plenty of other sites that where people need ghost rabbit hunters 😆
Madelffrey (3 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Ruth, you are not alone in this experience. I'm currently attending an extremely sketchy high school myself that can't afford electricity either. A few weeks ago I thought I saw a ghost in the locker room, but after tracking it down, it turned out to be a scrawny pale girl afraid to go outside. Best of luck to you!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
ngute: Thank you... She must have recently posted that info, because before I warned her, I checked her profile, of course...I'm on my way right now to notify Martin about her and another who just doesn't seem to get the point 😊 ❤
reptilian (45 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
ngute is right, it could have been just about anything. Depending on the schools proximity to the outdoors it may have even been a nature spirit having a wander. Who knows? You must remember that despite what most of the "experts" on this site say, very very few otherworld beings are out to do harm. You're surrounded by them at all times and are simply not aware of them.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Bloom11-
I though granny already told you, you have to be at least 13 to comment. I just checked your profile it said you were only 11
ngute80 (220 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Honestly it could have been anything. You said it didn't feel negative and you never saw it again, so if I were you I wouldn't worry about it.
ParanormalSteve (2 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
i think I know what you are talking about, I think its an entity that is trapped in your school so bring a priest to help it get out

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: