You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Bless My House, Bless My Life

Real Ghost Stories

Bless My House, Bless My Life

 

This is my very first time writing on this site, but have been reading some of the entries and I am hoping to get some direction and guidance. I have a few real to my heart experiences to share with you all but before I do that let me tell you why I am writing this.

I just turned 40 and the last few years have been quite difficult for me and my family. I am married with 2 young children that I feel are gifted in the paranormal kind of way which now that I think of it all children are! Anyways, I need some help as I feel this black cloud over my family. Especially in the last few years.

In real short, my mom and dad have had tough luck in health (brain tumor, colon cancer), I also lost my best friend to cancer after 3 years of fighting it. It's important to explain that we were extremely close and were like soul sisters and I have lost my way in many ways since she left. I was with her almost every day in the last months and sat by her bed when she passed! It's been a year but I still can't breath without her.

Let me continue listing a few of our difficulties: I had 3 miscarriages and lost our home in this tough economy. My husband and I lost our jobs and now filing for bankruptcy. I know everything I just described could be just LIFE, but in the bottom of my gut I feel I need help. Difficult times bring stress and puts strains on relationships and boy my husband and I are really struggling there.

We basically just moved to my parents' house as we can't afford to live anywhere else. We now are both employed with good jobs, but still struggling. Anyways, my parents asked us to move with them and get back on our feet and save a little before renting a place of our own. Now there is something about this house that is giving us grief. I can hear voices at night. Sounds like people talking and at times chanting. Years ago before I got married and lived with my parents, I had many mini paranormal experiences here.

They include: Once I saw a black smoky cloud that came over my head and hovered a bit as I was laying down then as quickly as it came, it left which scared me as it didn't feel good at all. I also always felt and heard someone sitting on the bottom of my bed every morning I woke up which felt like it was protecting me. I could hear it breath and there was an outline of it sitting on my bed. I used to tell my mom and she believed me and it just felt good.

One night when I was staying with my fiancé, my parents heard someone coming in our home and put down what sounded like a luggage and go into the kitchen and open the fridge. They thought it was my younger brother and then found out he never came home that night!

One night as I was driving home I was looking around and thinking there are shadow people all over (not that I could see them but felt them for some reason) and when I got to our street I asked out loud, "who is here as I can feel you all. Give me a sign". Well, they did as the electricity went out on the entire street right after a big spark of light at the end of the street. I pulled up in the parking lot terrified. I said, "thank you and can you please bring back the electricity now?" Well, it came back. I then went in the house and prayed.

I really think there is something about either this house or my family now. There isn't a day that goes by without drama! Never good. I really feel like something is wrong. I have nightmares of loosing my kids. Of discombobulated body parts. Of the end of the world...

A quick history: I grew up with many wonderful paranormal experiences. From hearing voices in my ears, to knowing what the future brings, visiting deceased family members in my dreams, being visited in my wakefulness by my grandmother and feeling unbelievable amounts of love, and the list goes on which I will write about later. My husband in other hands is intimidated by what he does not understand so we don't talk about these things much. He however has been having nightmares and night sweats lately too! I even had him go get a full physical and he did and is fine.

I should also state that since all these life changing/tragic things in my life specially loosing my friend, I have lost my belief in so much. I have lost my faith and my ways. I have not been able to have any contact with her since she passed. I am a little angry and very disappointed in myself and in life. I can't feel her or see her, or even hear her. I only had a couple of dreams about her and that was not enough for me. I need to connect with her just once. What do I do?

I also think my parents house needs a cleansing and more... So much trauma happens here. From little thing to big things. Flat tires and cars breaking down, to loosing things around the house such as shoes and clothes, strange smells like mold and gas (which I have had someone come and check for both and we should be in the clear), feeling really tired and frail, and lots and lots of physical pain. My entire household (mom, dad, my hubby, me, and my two little kids) constant pain. Headaches (lots of headaches), joint pain, exhaustion, and flues, and colds... This feeling of constant FEAR. I mean I know I am broken inside and FEAR has taken me over a bit, but my husband and parents too?

Again, I know this is life but when it happens constantly and people around you just are puzzled I must question things... I mean when people ask me how is life, I don't want to tell them because it's always BAD. Please understand deep in my heart I am so very grateful for so much. I love my two heavenly children and blessed to have my parents and I love my husband. ALL GOOD.

For example, my mom has pneumonia right now and my daughter has had a cough for 3 months and she is only 20 months which I just started her on antibiotics. My son is also sick and he is 4 years old, plus my dad is experiencing deep depression after his cancer treatment. Even my doctor is puzzled!

I think there is something going on in my parent's house and I need guidance. I am open to ideas and I have an open heart to good people and energy. I used to work along side of this talented energy healer a few years ago which made a positive impact on my life so I trust my intuition and know I need to shed some light and I mean literally in my household and get rid of something negative and evil.

Thank you for reading and I hope it wasn't too scattered and made sense.

Other hauntings by nichola

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nichola, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChristineNicole (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
hello nichola, I'm not very good with the supernatural things, but I have also experienced the loss of loved ones, and I have also dreamt about them. From what I have read, it seems very common for people who have experienced a loss of a loved one, to dream about the person who has passed away. You should try visiting a dream decipher website, I honestly feel that being able to understand such emotionally charged dreams can help you come to terms with your loss and make day to day life easier to deal with. I would also like to add that you have probably not dreamt about your friend because your mind realises it is simply too much for you to confront at the moment. I know its a cliche but time heals all wounds, and when your subconcious decides you are not as emotionally raw, you will dream about your friend, but you will be able to wake up feeling happy, rather than feeling like you have lost them all over again.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
You're not alone, you have your family and I am sure your friend is with you at some level. Please use whatever advice that has already been given here and I am sure you will find some comfort from it.

Sometimes in life it pours when it rains, you will just have to hold on to whatever you have and wait for that ray of sunshine. It will come to you, just give it a chance. I must appreciate you for how strong you are, very inspiring to see the hope in you. That is what will get you through!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
If you're open minded enough to try, I recommend some of what my ancestors and contemporaries still do:

Http://factsanddetails.com/china.php?itemid=101&catid=3

Particularly incense.
Caz (342 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
Having read your story and all the comments, it looks as though everyone has said everything that's worth saying, so I just want you to know, you are in my prayers and wish you the very best of luck!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
nichola,

Some good advice has been given. Please start with the 'normal' things in the house... The vents, heating system... Water pipes and such. However you've asked for aid. Please feel free to use this method, it's something I do for my Home and Family...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us informed.

Respectfully,

Rook
nichola (2 stories) (1 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
I thank you all for your feedback and I must say most of you are right on. I appreciate the time and care you have all given to this and I do recognize that I need help. I feel broken and emotionaly exhusted. My fears have been pretty out of control since I had my daughter and people keep telling me it's normal for a mom to be like this but my gut says it's more than it should be. Miracle, when I read your comments I cried and I think you are right and I need to figure it out. I just feel very lost at times. I remember getting to a point of wanting to scream out HELP but didn't know to whom and how. I owe it to my kids to find my way home somehow. I am tired of taking everyone's pain and making it my own. (that's a tendancy I have always had).
I do want to do some home cleansing and more...
Again, you guys are awesome.
Also since I feel like I have lost my way, I seldome feel anything anymore. I used to have many paranormal experiences which I will share with you guys soon. The one thing that troubles me now is my dreams. They most often come true and are usually not good.
Much love to you all
minimom (50 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
I'm not discounting the paranormal aspect of your story but, have you had your furnace and water heater checked lately?

Carbon monoxide can do some really wicked things. It couldn't hurt to rule that out.
Shell1982 (70 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Might I suggest asking your doctor for counselling? It sounds like you are in a really dark place (paranormal experiences aside) and could do with talking to someone. I don't personally think the paranormal experiences are related to the horrible run of bad luck you've had; perhaps you are just looking for a reason, something to blame for what's going on. If you can learn to accept that bad things happen and there is no reason and no one to blame, you might be able to accept and come to terms with it all.

And JimD - please don't tell people as desperately upset as Nichola obviously is that her house is inhabited by a demon. That's hardly going to help. Fear, feelings of being watched, hearing voices, and seeing things are also symptoms of STRESS - why you feel the need to invoke demons here is beyond me.

Love to you x
JimD (431 posts)
-4
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Hi;
Well, I'll add my 2 cents worth. Some may well be psychological, as I do feel that internal negativity can and does have somatic manifestations. However, the lights going out, the dark cloud (I had a caselike that once), the night time voices, aka 'magical whisaperings', the fear, feelings of being watched, etc. Are most likely demonic. I counsel using Catholic Holy water and saying 'Jesus and Mary help me', especially between 9 PM - 6 AM, i.e. The pyschic hours. See if there's a strong reaction. Best. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Nysa - I agree with you. I am 100% convinced that negativity of any kind can create, manifest, whatever the hauntings many people experience in their homes without them being aware that is what is going on.

Hopefully nichola can find peace for herself and her family soon.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
A blessing / cleansing (whatever spiritual practice you are comfortable with) can only help. But I believe you also need some counseling. Grief counseling, perhaps marriage counseling, just general dealing with hard times counseling. I honestly believe that negative energies from sadness, stress, illness, etc. Can manifest into what appears to be a haunting. I think that is a big part of what you are dealing with. Considering the history it probably isn't all that is going on, but getting rid of outside forces won't help too much if you can't also get rid of what you & your family are creating.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
nichola - I think the title of your story pretty much sums up what you need, except you and your family, including your parents' home, need cleansed. There are many good ways of doing this and one of our veteran posters has a method that has worked for many people on this site. It's a house cleansing and it truly sounds as if you need to take care of your parents' home, but you also need to cleanse yourself, okay?

I know this is a touchy subject, but you have to let your best friend go. I went through this too. She was my soul mate and I lost part of myself when she died, also to cancer. But wanting to hold onto her isn't helping either of you. I know. It's hard to hear that the reason you haven't seen or heard from her is because she's gone on and doesn't have any reason to be here, because you still need her. Every day you want to see her, pick up the phone and talk to her, hug her, just be with her. Maybe part of the reason your life is in such "disarray" right now is because you are trying to hold onto her.

You said you believe. Start believing that you can, and will, get through this. You and your family. This is the first step. The second step is cleansing your home and you. If you don't know how to cleanse yourself, and you have no one to tell you how to do it, I will come back and tell you how I know to do it. Just let me know.

My best to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: