You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Activity In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Activity In My House

 

This is my first story that I have posted on this site and I hope you will find it interesting. This post involves some of the strange occurences that have happened in my house. There are two notable events that I would like to talk about in this post.

The first occurence happened when I was in middle school, about 7 years ago. I was doing my homework in a room at the back of my house. My mother had gone to the grocery store and my father was at work while I was doing this, so I was home alone. The room I was in was on the opposite side of the house from the front door, and I was in that room doing homework on a desk, facing away from the door to the room.

While I was doing homework, I heard footsteps above me, on the second floor of my house. The footsteps I heard were very solid and distinct, not just creaking, and it made me really nervous. I stayed at my desk, and I heard the footsteps moving about the house, then I hear them coming down the stairs. The footsteps continued their progress around the house until I heard them coming towards the room that I was sitting in.

I heard the footsteps coming towards my room and I was scared stiff, I was very nervous about what it could be or what it wanted. I heard the footsteps at the door to the room I was in, and they stopped at the entrance. As I said earlier, I was at a desk, facing away from the door. I didn't dare turn around for fear of what I would see at the doorway, so I remained frozen at my desk. After a few seconds, the thing must have turned around and walked away, as I heard its footsteps going in the opposite direction.

When the footsteps stopped, I got up and looked around my house. Just as I had thought, I was home alone and could not find anything that could have made the footsteps. Seven years later I still don't know what it was or why it was walking around my house.

The second event that happened in my house occurred around 5 years after the first, during the final few weeks before I moved out of that house and went to college. The occurences started a few weeks before I left home, it started with strange noises outside of my room, such as creaking, footsteps, banging, and even growling (I don't have any dogs in my house).

Before I moved out of the house and went to college, I spent a lot of time out with my friends, and my parents didn't really care how late I stayed out and they usually went to bed before I came home. One night, I came in pretty late and tried to be quiet opening the door, out of courtesey to my sleeping parents. But to my surprise my mother was still awake in her bed and called out to me "Is that you?"

I thought her question was a little strange, because I don't know who else would be coming into the house, but I had an idea of what she was going to say next. I responded "Yes ma'am" and she said to me "Good, because I have been hearing weird noises around the house". I told her that I have heard them too, and then she said to me "Yea, and something was shaking my bed last night". She had even gotten our baseball bat to keep by her bed at night, and I couldn't blame her.

A couple of days before I moved out of my house, one of my friends and I were hanging in a room down the hall from my bedroom, and I was telling her about some of the stuff that was going on. As we were doing this, we kept on seeing movement and figures down the hall in my bedroom. We got up to check it out but never found anything.

After moving off to college I never really heard about anything else that went on in my house, and when I've been home for summer no occurences happened either. I wonder what and why those things happened in my house. Well, that's my post and I hope that you have enjoyed reading it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bsyks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bsyks (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
JimD, thank you. Dameon, that is what I would think, but nobody lived in my house before my immediate family. Maybe it is something about the land the house is on.
Dameon (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
It doesn't seem like there is anything strong going on here maybe just an old imprint of something or someone from a previous owner. Anyway good luck and thank you for posting.
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
Maybe the entities just wanted to be friends with you.

Well, God Bless! 😊
JimD (431 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
Hi;

The growling (absent any dogs), the figures out of view, the fear, and the noises are tell tale demonic infestation. I counsel use of Catholic Holy water and the phrase 'Jesus and Mary help me'. See if this has any effect. I feel it will. Good luck and God bless you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: