You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Crying That Never Stopped

Real Ghost Stories

The Crying That Never Stopped

 

My mom told me this story. My mother was in a little village called White Mountain, Alaska at the time. Its population is about 100-150 people where everyone is related to everyone.

At night there would be family brawls, mostly just the parents so the kids would go outside and cry sometimes. My mom would go open the door and call to the kid and tell them to come over and stay the night until their parents settled down and they were safe to go back home the next day.

One night my mother heard "one of those kids" and half asleep and half awake she went to the door to go open it. Right when she put her hand on the door nob, "NO! Don't open that door!" she heard. She was fully awake by then. "Okay." She heeded that warning even though she was kind of annoyed that the crying kept going on and on; even when she woke up she could still hear the crying all the way until the sun started to shine.

Eager to hear if her mother and brother heard it, she went over to drink some coffee and discuss the whole ordeal. My mother asked, "Good morning you guys! Did you hear that crying last night?"

My grandmother used to be rude sometimes so abruptly she said, "NO! I heard NOTHING last night" and continued fixing breakfast.

Later on that day my mother spoke to her brother and he gave her the 411.

He said, "Not long ago there used to be a family and in that family was a pregnant woman. For some reason they needed to go to Golovin (another village about a 20-25 mile traveling distance away on foot.) Right when they reached the place where the forest meets the tundra she went into labor and she had her baby under a tree. She wrapped her baby and took care of the mess and while doing so one of the family members said "Look! The sun's going down, we won't be able to see where were going pretty soon." So all of them hurried and gathered all that they could and left. They all got to Golovin and started to unpack their stuff when finally the lady realized and said, "I FORGOT MY BABY!" So they all went back to go look for it where they were previously and looked under every tree but couldn't find the baby. That baby spirit sometimes comes to White Mountain and that's what you heard last night."

Other hauntings by quixoticqt

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, quixoticqt, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Claudia_Sofia (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-19)
I have heard about crazy people leaving kids in the car and stuff but those people must be mental!, I would certainly not leave my newborn baby somewhere in the forest, none of the people in the group realized that either?!. OMG!, in any case, I do not doubt your story, just your brother's:)
_-Amer-_ (4 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
IDK About anyone but I think that this story is 100% fake! How could a woman forget her baby it is like her soul how she will forget her soul! 😉 😉 😕 I hope the next time you post make it REAL
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
stephy, intuition? Her conscience? My mom has this knack for knowing things, especially when there's danger involved. She told me that it sounded like herself speaking to herself but only she could hear it. As much as she liked getting into trouble its helped her stay out of it many times.
There was no one else in the house except her 5 year old daughter who was sleeping.
❤ Qt
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
Hmmm. Well the sketchy story aside (I think the story told by word of mouth may have been distorted over the years. Perhaps she didn't forget her baby, but left it behind to get ready then when she returned the baby was gone?) I find the crying and the "don't open that door" voice more interesting. Who said that? Was it the voice of the crying person outside the door? Was it a voice from inside the house?
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
spica, THAT WAS MY QUESTION! I was like "mom how the f would a woman ever forget her newborn?!" I was disgusted...
Thanks.

Swtnyx, yeah, my mom answered "I don't know, I never left any of my kids anywhere."

Raccoon, her brother could have been. Not too sure if there's cats in white mountain. I never saw any when I was there. Could have been a dangerous animal... I have no idea what could have sounded like that... Lynx, a bear, a raven, a moose, a rabid fox...

Hades, I have no idea. She said she just heard crying.

❤ Qt
ngute80 (220 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-01)
Moongrim-
I just read Isaiah 49:15. Thank you for adding that and the link. You may be moody sometimes but you sure know your facts 😊
Hades666 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
Don't new borns and children have differences in crying. I have a baby cousin and her screams are absolute hell, but kids crying sound more like a wail and they tend to stop then start again. Can your mother be more specifc in what kind of cry she heard? I would like to know 😕
raccoonbonapart (1 stories) (21 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
I think your mom's brother was pulling her leg. I can see a new mother forgetting her baby if she was on a lot of pain meds, but clearly the woman in this story wasn't in a hospital so it doesn't seem likely.

Once in the winter I was in my apartment and I heard a baby crying outside. I went to go see what was going on in case someone left their baby in the alleyway, but it turned out to be two cats fighting. Just something to keep in mind. Maybe it was a dangerous animal outside and that's why the voice warned her not to go out.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
That is one very absent minded person.

Isaiah 49:15

It sounds like a variation of the Crybaby Bridge.

Http://www.deadohio.com/CrybabyBridges.htm

A woman is not apt to 'forget' her newborn anytime soon, as the very soreness is something she'll not soon forget.

If not a variation of a local Native American legend.
TwstedWrds (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
The sound of a crying child is very different from the sound of a crying new born. And as the others have said, How could she forget her new born baby in the woods? Sorry, but I'm skeptical of this story.
SwtNyx (1 stories) (21 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-31)
Sorry but this seems strange that the lady forgot her child that she just delivered! 😕 Hard to believe but who knows... 😊
spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-30)
SPOOKY!

But there's a question that left my mind: how come the woman forgot the most valuable thing in her life?

Anyway, it's a nice story, I hope you'll post more!

God Bless.
😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: