You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Bed Mate And The Lost Old Man

Real Ghost Stories

My Bed Mate And The Lost Old Man

 

This happened around 2006/2007.

I was still living with my parents and on this particular night my mother decided to sleep in my room, because my father was snoring too loud and it kept her awake. Next to my bed there is a decorative table with a lamp on it that I would use when I needed to get up in the middle of the night.

My mother woke me up by asking me to switch on the lamp, because she needed to go to the bathroom. I was very miserable due to being woken up just for that and turned around facing the direction of the lamp. I think I dozed off again, because I woke up to the feeling of my mother climbing her way up from the bottom of the bed and making herself snugg before settling with her rear end against my back (I'm very tall). I reached across and switched off the lamp, but noticed there was still a light on somewhere in the house. While facing away from my mother, I said "Mom, you forgot to switch off the bathroom light".

That's when I heard my mother shouting back that she was still in the bathroom using the toilet. I froze in place, because I just felt someone or something climb back in bed with me and even get nice and comfortable before I felt it pressing against my back! It felt heavy like a human and that's why I assumed it was my mother. I slowly turned around and let out this little yelp after seeing that there was in fact no one next to me on the bed. I jumped out of bed so quickly that I even stumped my toe against the base of the bed as I ran out of my room.

Having had many experiences with spirits before, I ended up laughing about it the next day. This was by far the silliest experience I've ever had with a ghost. Since then I've never had something like that happen again, but I have felt someone sit next to me on the bed a couple of times. I also feel cats jump on the bed and walk around quite often and this happens when I'm awake in bed reading a book or while I'm busy on my laptop. Of course nothing is there. This doesn't frighten me though as I've always felt comforted when there are cats around me.

This is another story I'm going to add to give more length to this one. This happened last year (2010). I was asleep one night and was woken up by the sound of shuffling in our hallway. It sounded like someone that had a slight limp and that was wearing slippers or another form of soft shoes. Along with the shuffling there was also agitated mumbling. It sounded like an old man mumbling under his breath. He was walking up and down the hallway and mumbling in a frustrated way like he doesn't know where to go. I just tried to ignore it, but just before it stopped I heard the shuffling footsteps shuffle their way into my room and to the foot of the bed. After that I didn't hear anything again until the next night.

The following night I was sitting in bed reading a book when I became aware of a presence in the room. It just hit me like the air was thickening around the room. I again tried to ignore it, but then I heard tiny tapping sounds against the treadmill. I kept myself busy with my book, when I think the spirit that was present got annoyed at the lack of my attention. I heard very clear and very audible a man clearing his voice. The sound came from the bottom right end of my bed. Just like that I was hit with the image of an old man in my head. It just popped into my mind. I knew then that the shuffling and mumbling I heard in our hallway the previous night was this old man.

Other hauntings by Shlain

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shlain, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Gracias to everyone for commenting. I'm happy to say I haven't had the old man visit me again nor the creepy "bed perve". Still get the occasional sitting on my bed though.

Shlain ❤
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
Wow Shlain! Fancy, changing bed mates in the middle of the night! That must have been really scary!
I hope that never happens to me. Lol ❤
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
Yowza.

You've got a good head on your shoulders, that you can laugh off that kind of occurrence. A snarky ghost pressing it's buttocks onto your back.

Well at least ghosties don't snore, eh?
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
If you have the courage, try talking to him. Maybe he has something to reach out.
If you don't have, at least pray for his soul... That's what most souls need (from what I've heard).
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
Very scary, feeling someone in bed with you. You painted a very realistic picture, especially of the old guy!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
That is too much! I do not know if I would have been able to sleep in my bed again after that. I would have been so freaked out. Some guidelines about the invisible house guests would definitely be put into place after that event. Thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: