You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: "Trust Me" Was Written In My Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

"Trust Me" Was Written In My Mirror

 

I'm really looking for some input, comments, ideas concerning what happened last Saturday. Let me preface my story by saying we live in a brand new condo and have lived here for a little over a year. When we first moved here, my one cat was reacting to something she sensed upstairs. I was alone at the time and noticed she was all puffed and growling lightly looking up the stairs... Her eyes were all "pupil".

This was the very first time I saw her appear "mean", she always has such a calm, sweet demeanor. So, I grabbed my phone, put on the camcorder and began video taping the stairs as I went up them. My cat wouldn't follow me at first. She looked truly frightened. When she DID start up the stairs, she went up one step, stopped, and waited a full minute before taking another. (and so on and so on)

My daughter, who is 14 and frequently sees auras, has sensed "something" here that comes and goes. Although she is a little afraid/uneasy, she is okay with it. My 10 year old son tends to be more creepers out, but we are all fine. I'm prone to believe it is my father, who passed almost 3 years ago.

Now, last Saturday, I had taken my son to an early soccer game and asked my daughter to get ready while we were away, since we were going to see family right after her brothers game. My son and I got home and began going up the stairs to our condo. We are on the second floor. Only to find Caitlin sitting on the stairs. While she wasn't scared, she wanted to know which one of is wrote "Trust Me on the bathroom mirror. I could see by her face that she wasn't kidding. And she could tell by our faces that we had no idea what she was talking about.

We entered the condo, went to our second floor bathroom, put the shower on and closed the door for the room to steam. While we waited, Caitlin showed us a picture of it. A couple minutes later, we entered the bathroom, and there it was: "Trust me.

I write it with the one quotation mark, because that's how it appears. I am certain that my daughter would not do this as a prank, because she takes spirits far too serious to scare us with a prank like this. And it could not have been my son for 2 reasons. First, the writing is nicer than Brendan could EVER write, and 2, Brendan writes "r's" and "u's" without the "tail", or straight up and down line. The writing in the mirror uses the "tail". And no offense to my son, but even if he was trying to disguise his handwriting, he wouldn't have done it using "tails" on letters and by writing so neatly.

Okay. Does ANYONE have input? I do have to say we are all creepers, yet comforted by this. I have pictures I can upload, if interested. Thanks, everyone!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, greenday7777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SpiritLady (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-30)
I would be interested in knowing the history of that land. It could be someone from the past trying to come through and reaching out because there are those in your house who appear to be receptive. Perhaps the trust me is a way to demonstrate a sense of peace. The history of that land might be very compelling. 😐
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-17)
Um, just to clear things up I read the comment Miracles is referring to, and deleted it. I didn't know Miracles was going to say anything, sorry to make things look confusing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
-1
9 years ago (2015-05-17)
anisajazz - have you heard the saying "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"? If you haven't, it means "you should not criticize others if you have similar weaknesses yourself." (courtesy of Google)

I don't know if it's the different countries the two of you are in or what (although England vs USA isn't that different when it comes to comprehension) or you are just being rude. Regardless, you should probably make sure your story and comments are completely error free when criticizing someone else.

For the record, I reread this story and can't find anything that stands out that I would change (if it were my story).
GABSSoldier (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-14)
Well there's a sprit your Cat knows there Is one and if any of you think there isn't something wrong about that you never owned a Pet so get out, and for you all thinking its his daughter writing on the mirror. It isn't if you read what he said "she showed him a picture" and then went into the bathroom moment later after it steamed up it was there Trust Me. Kind of of reminds me that door in the college that the scratch and blood runs down and they keep trying to paint over it but it comes back.
bluntforcetrauma (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-05)
Could it be an entity wanting you to accept it? Please be careful. The only spirits that can harm us are those that we allow.
Querent (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-16)
I would also like to note now that I read your reply further down, she does know about your deceased father so the possibility she could have done this and you find out it was please don't be upset with your daughter. If she had done it, it isn't out of malicious intent or to hurt you but perhaps it's her way of grabbed your attention & comforting you about your loss, as a way to bring you closer.
Querent (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-16)
So you and your son were out, your daughter was at home, you comeback seeing she isn't bothered by the writing at all that you found. Is it possible then, that your daughter could have written it herself? But I guess, it would also stand to reason that If she did then why exactly? I assume you trust her on most of her spiritual findings, and as a parent I can imagine that would be a very hard question to ask yourself. If it was absolutely no living entity, I say we're onto bigger things but until then this needs to be clarified for your sake.
ghostrider123 (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-02)
hmmm quite interesting. I would find something about it.
😐 Great story
scarlettsnowe (1 stories) (79 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-23)
I agree with Devious Angel. As I told someone else, in my experience if you're afraid there's usually a reason. Not always, just usually. Proceed with caution, and let your intuition guide you.
ilove1D (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
PLEASE UPLOAD THE PICTURES PLEASE AND SEND THEM TO ME AT CHEESELOVER428 [at] HOTMAIL.COM PLEASE 😨
ucantseeme (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
OK were is the picture of the writing "Trust me,

Trust me means what to trust did the spirit owe you money?
😆
Slenderman (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
In this case, I would have to completely agree with phenonw, be careful as you cannot tell who/what it is. Demonics are extremely dangerous and cunning. I would start with the handwriting comparison, but I would NOT try to contact it in any way.

Keep it real,

Slenderman
i_am_unknown (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
[at] phenonw: he did stated that it was not his dad writing but yet believed it was his dad spirit still wander around, it contradicts both sides
i_am_unknown (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-22)
Trust who? If it was your dad, he wouldn't keep you guessing. You said your daughter can see aura/sense it but the aura of a live person and a dead person are two different auras.
phenonw (1 stories) (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-18)
Be careful is could be an evil spirit or demon wanting you to trust it wanting you to think it was your dad. Compare the hand writing, see if it is your dads.
Phenonw
Ghostly98 (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-04)
Great story, I loved it! I actually laughed slightly when I read the sentence "First, the writing is nicer then Brendan could EVER write", probably the way I read it 😉

Well, in my opinion, you have nothing to fear, and neither do your children, this ghost seems to be harmless, it obviously wants you to, well, "Trust it" Has anything else happened since this event, maybe you have seen it, or heard something? If so please keep us posted 😁 And yes please do upload these photos you've taken, and if you still have it, the video of your cat on the stairs! I'd, and probably everyone else would love to see them 😁 Thanks for sharing:)

Good Luck & God Bless

Ghostly98!
greenday7777 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
Thanks for everyone's input. I'm going to add a picture here sometime today. To answer some questions...

Yes, Brendan is unique.
I moved into this condo one year ago... It was brand new.
The writing is not my fathers... Way too neat! Yes, it does sound a bit "from the movies"...and my daughter found it when she stepped out of her shower... And promptly got dressed and sat on the stairs outside waiting for
Me and her brother to come home.
My kids have their own bathroom, and Brendan had taken a bath the night before and didn't see it. I clean the mirrors about twice a month or as needed...also, because I converted a sunroom downstairs into a "teenager handout room", when my children's friends come over... They stay downstairs 98% of the time.
Caitlin senses my dad around, and I want to believe its him. I still haven't wiped it off because of this. However, I do proceed with caution... Just in vase this is something trying to trick us.
I LOVE the ideas given to write a message back! I'm doing that!
I will post pics layer. Thanks again to all...
BlanknameSpace (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
Little input on this one, however, my name is Brendan and I also have horrible printing/hand-writing. Interesting, haven't ever really met anyone with the same exact spelling of the name "Brendan" as me.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
House owned by you? Or a rental? Change the locks. Stalking behaviors.
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
did you ever compare the handwriting to a sample left behind by your father?
I guess this might tell you most surely whether it was him or not! It would be great if you could compare the writing styles to see for yourself.

The open quotation marks do indeed give the sense of an "unfinished message", but I wouldn't be too sure about that...
Maybe you should really try to write some "reply" onto the mirror, why not!?

Without wanting to be offensive to you, this story sounds a lot like "from the movies" as I also have never heard about spirits doing stuff like that before...
Maybe I am wrong though.

Anyways, as my pevious posters said, I'd also never trust any spirit just because he/she is asking me to!

How exactly did your daughter find out about the writing?!
Did she go to shower before you arrived at home?
I'm asking because obviously this must have happened during hot and moist condition of air, like during a bath or shower...

An update would be interesting!
All the best 😊
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
I would worry that the message had a human origin. Hopefully a bad prank left ahead of time by a friend of one of your kids. More frighteningly, left by a stalker who snuck into the home while you were away. The message could have been written anytime before the shower after all.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
I do not know, but I certainly would not be in a hurry to trust any spirit that asked for it. Did you FEEL like it was your father? Were you reminded of him with this experience or was that the only one you could think of who passed away and might be around? This could be something completely harmless of course, but better safe than sorry.
Caz (342 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
I meant to say also, that if the 'just so' description does not fit your father, can you think of anyone else who has passed who may fit the bill?
Caz (342 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
bad too?...Oh dear! I meant 'too bad' of course! 😆 I'm not properly awake yet!
Caz (342 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
Hmmm...This is an interesting one! I'm no expert, but though I'm not bad too with my punctuation, I know I wouldn't bother with quotation marks if I was writing a message on a mirror! I find it most unusual that anyone else would either! This sounds to me like a bit of a fusspot. Maybe that's too strong a word, but someone who likes to do things 'just so'! Maybe even a schoolteacher! Does that sound like your dad? If I were you, I'd leave my own message on the mirror, perhaps asking "Who are you?" and see if you get a response! I also agree with the person who thought the open quotation marks could indicate that the message was incomplete! Although, my first impression would be that this is not a bad spirit as you obviously don't feel threatened, I personally, would not automatically trust someone who says "Trust me!" I hope it all turns out good for you and your family! Please keep us updated!...Caz.
reptilian (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
As you don't understand it's meaning it's possibly a personal message to one of the other members of your family.
As there was only the opening quotation mark you can safely assume the message is not yet complete and more will follow in some form or another.
It's strange, spirit guides do not usually use such crude ways of conveying messages. Perhaps it is sincere in trying to help, but that does not mean it will be helpful. Just as with people, clumsy ones are often more of a hinderance than anything. Something to think on.
Sharks77 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
Wow that is creepy! But I agree with MuFox, it must be trying to tell you something.
Keep us updated on any other happenings!
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
Trust me, it's trying to tell you something. If it's not hurting you and your family in any way, it must have a good intention. 😁
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
That would totally creep me out! Has anyone outside of the family used the bathroom recently? Have you had house guests, maybe? Thank you for sharing. I look forward to other comments.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: