You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandma Visiting Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandma Visiting Me

 

I was 25 and had just moved back to my parent's house for a few months before starting a new job and relocating a couple of hours east. Within 3 weeks I lost my 30 year old cousin to a car accident and my grandma that I had not seen for over 12 years. You see we had moved out of my native country when I was 13 and had planned to fly back and visit my grandma often but we were not able to afford it.

My cousin was a very important individual in my life and my family and I were mourning her deeply when we found out my grandma passed. This was the first time I had lost someone close to me and so I was going through all the stages of dealing with a loss.

My younger brother had just moved out and I was sleeping in his bed just for a change of scenery I suppose. My beloved 3 year old dog that never left my side was also sleeping next to the bed on the floor. I had left the lights on half way as I did when I was sick, scared, or just nervous. The door to the bedroom was on my left and right in front of me was the window to the front yard. Right outside the window we had a big apple tree that my dad loved very much. Anyways, so I wake up around 1am as if I was awoken by something, however there was nothing! Same with my dog, as he all of a sudden woke up looking around him. No Growling or anything though... Which was puzzling to me since he was a nervous dog in nature and would growl and run away from his own shadow!

I then saw and heard an apple fall off the tree. Although that really doesn't hold any significance but for whatever reason, it is what I remember clearly. As I was lying on my back, I then saw a figure of light. This was bright yellow light, outline of a human body. It was transparent and walked in through the open doorway and came next to me. At that point I was completely paralyzed by either fear or shock. When I say fear, it was simply fear of unknown. By the way, I have no idea what my dog was doing at this point. The entity then whispered my name in my language, saying "My Nicole" and came to hold me and at that point I closed my eyes as I was overpowered by this great energy/feeling of LOVE.

I kept asking, "Who is this?" and I remember feeling these things: Love, mother, woman, power, so much love. I know this sound crazy, but it was too much for my human form to handle! Then I remember feeling this ball of energy and heat in my stomach and it started coming out of the palm of my hands, top of my head, bottom of my feet. Over and over again...

I remember feeling motherly love and kept thinking it must be my mom. Then I would rationalize it by remembering my mom was sleeping down the hall and it couldn't be her. I even called out to see if it was my cousin who had just passed or then I realized, maybe my grandma?

It then left me and I rolled to my side saying a prayer and asking god to never do that again as it scared the living beegeez out of me!

Well the next morning, over breakfast I told my mom and that is when my mom told me about how my grandma used to call me "my nicole" when she visited her a few years ago, and apparently on her death bed she had mentioned that she really wanted to see my dad and I before she passed. I know she must have visited him too down the hall that night! This experience has gotten me through a lot in my life. When I doubt my faith, afterlife, or belonging I remind myself of that night.

Other hauntings by nichola

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nichola, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
This is such a sweet story. Thank you for sharing it. Did you ever ask your dad if he experienced anything that night?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
Oh man! I hate stories that make me cry; especially when I'm at work. 😭

Now that I got that out of my system... Sorry for the loss of both your cousin and grandmother. It's never easy to lose someone you deeply care about. I take it that you have learnt from this experience and I hope you are a better person for it. Thank you for sharing it with us. May your cousin and your grandmother rest in peace now!
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
wow that's a really beautiful story!
I think after this happening you can accept your loss a little bit easier, don't you?
Did you ever discuss this experience with your family members?!

My grandma also visited me for two times in my dreams only - and like stephyw2001 said below, it was an overwhelming (!) feeling and I have been fully aware that I am asleep but also that "it wasn't only a dream".
She answered some important questions back then which I always wanted to ask her but I never had the chance to do so before she passed away, and I am so so grateful about having had this last meeting with her! ❤

It makes me trust that after death we still have a chance to communicate to the living-world if we really love to! 😊
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
Sorry for your losses. It must be difficult for you as both were dear to you. You should feel great about it because everything you felt in her presence is positive, which means that your grandma is happy wherever she may be. I'm sure she's with our Creator and watching over you.

Such a wonderful story!
Sharks77 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
What a beautiful story! I am so sorry for your losses! I just lost my Granmother on 10/21 and we were very close. I keep wishing that she would"visit' me because I miss her dearly.
It is a good feeling to know that she is around still and you will get to see her one day soon!
Thanks for sharing! ❤
stephyw2001 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
I had my grandmothers visit me in a dream. I know that overwhelming feeling of love you're talking about. I haven't ever felt anything like that before. It made me want to stay where I was, but at the same time, I knew where I was wasn't where they were, it was like a meeting place or something. Funny thing is, when I went to sleep I was totally pissed off at my boyfriend, not thinking of anything happy. When I woke up I had tears in my eyes from how overwhelming that feeling was. Then I was left really confused, like I didn't know what to feel. It left me shaken for over a day. (I posted this story at the psychic site). I'm happy that you were able to feel this experience too. When I read stories like yours, I know I wasn't just imagining it. That overwhelming feeling of love is the most outstanding part of seeing my grandmothers. It is what made it real for me. I totally believe you, and am very happy for you. 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
A very wonderful account. I am glad that you were able to share a moment with your grandma again.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
nichola - what an incredible and amazing story. Isn't it terrible that sometimes we experience something so wonderful, yet unfortunately it scares us, that we aren't fully able to comprehend what happened? And maybe later we wish we could experience it again? Only this time hopefully we would be able to appreciate the visit with our loved one.

I agree with your mom that your grandma came to see you. You should feel blessed. Most of us don't get to experience that ❤
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
don't be scared. You should be thankful. It proves that it wasn't a bad entity. May she rest in peace.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: