You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Just A Normal Day

Real Ghost Stories

Just A Normal Day

 

I've become really drawn to this site recently and decided to post some of my personal experiences. Let me start by saying I live in a house built in the 1800s, so it's pretty old and has probably seen a lot of stuff throughout the years. I don't have much history on the previous owners, my step dad does but he doesn't like to discuss it because he's afraid if he confirms something more is there I will be scared (although I'm 21 and have lived in the house since I was 7).

The ghost/spirit in the house is not mean, in fact if you ask him to "settle down" he will. I often ask him not to be too active when I'm home alone because then my dogs freak out all night and it gets me nervous. When I moved into the house I noticed something was different, I was never 100% comfortable because I felt like I was never alone. I didn't like to be in the dark or in down stairs bed room. It's not that I felt threatened but I was young and had never experienced such a thing.

The first experience I had was when the door bell was ringing nonstop one day. I know for sure it wasn't someone playing ding dong ditch because I have a farm next me, 3 acres behind me and all my neighbors were older. I even let my German Shepherd out at one point to canvas the area just in case. Anyways, every time the door bell would ring I'd go to get it and no one would be there, the minute I left the room it would ring again... This went on for a couple hours until I just started ignoring it. This experience made me believe it was my grandfather who had just passed and I had only met once.

Another time I was walking through my living room and to the right is the hallway leading upstairs, out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walking up the steps wearing a plaid shirt. I thought it was my sister going into to my room so I ran upstairs ready to yell at her and when I got up there she was not in my room or my parents. I walked back down stairs and she was outside, there was no way she could have went down the stairs without me hearing because the two rooms are right next to each other and there is virtually no hallway just a landing upstairs.

On another occasion my cousin had spent the night and we were up in my room talking, my mom needed to ask us something and she was standing in the door way of my room and all of the sudden a chocolate lollipop I had in a cup on my TV flew across the room and landed at her feet. This lollipop had been there for a while (it was something my friend gave me that I never got around to eating and I never had an occasion). On top of that, had it fallen, it would have been right under the TV, not all the way across my room.

There have been other times where I'll be sitting in my living room and from the couch I can see a reflection of someone in the kitchen from our corner cabinet. This always happens at night when the sink light is turned on and either no one else is home or they're all sleeping.

Other little things occur like doors opening and closing and often my parents can feel someone sit down on the end of their bed, and you can actually see the bed sunken in on the corner where they feel someone sitting. Before I got my new bed and rearranged my room I often times would feel someone pacing by me at night, I could feel the covers being touched and little gust of air you feel when someone passes you and the floor would creak. There are also times when my dogs stand at the steps staring up with their ears perked up at nothing and sometimes even start barking like there is something there that no one can see. My little dog who is a huge cry baby will be upstairs sleeping and next thing you know she'll run down the stairs yelping, not as if she's hurt just as if something startled her.

Like I said, I don't feel threatened by the ghost. In fact, because of him I've become fascinated with the paranormal. Hope you all liked my story, I'll be sure to let you know if anything else happens!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abrewer5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

abrewer5 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
I think it's pretty neat actually, it used to scare me but I'm so used to it now that it's normal. The only major thing that's happened lately was a few weeks ago I was scrapping my windsheild around 6 AM and I saw someone walk in front of my car and when I looked no one was a around. Little things happen all the time though:) 😆
Feiaby (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-03)
It's not a surprise for things like that to happen because your house is very old. The fact that it's built in 1800s, your house has so much history! Good thing 'They' didn't do anything serious to you or to your family. Those entities might just be a family member paying some visit and yes, your grandfather. =)

If I own your house, I wouldn't be living there anymore... Hehe Sorry, but it's just that I'm not brave enough to experience things like that. ^_^ Great story!
vampire-slayer96 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-02)
wow that is so weird. That it happened since you were a kid. Is he still there now

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: