You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Noises And Panics At Home

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Noises And Panics At Home

 

In this story, I would like to tell you about the place where I live. I am a little afraid that I might ruin my credibility with that, the girl with the haunted school and the haunted flat and the haunted whatnot. But I actually am a very sceptic person. I really want to believe in ghosts and paranormal things and that's why I doublecheck everything I witness multiple times because I want to be sure that I don't just subconsciously make my world more "interesting" on purpose.

And like that, it took me 16 years to admit that the place where I spent almost my entire life probably is haunted.

My parents and I -no siblings- live in a flat in a more or less newly built house. There are several other families living in the other flats in the building. Down in the basement, there is for some reason an old filled well.

And now the interesting stuff. Since I was a kid, maybe 5 to 6 years old, there were rooms that freaked me out for no reason and today I still don't like to be in them. It is worst in the bathroom, I can't stand to be there, sometimes I downright panic and have no idea why. My eyes just start to water and I can't breathe and my only thought is to get the hell out of that room. That never happens to me elsewhere and my parents who aren't easily scared have experienced the same thing. Also the lights occasionally flicker and get a few shades darker for a few seconds even when we buy a new lamp of change the light bulb. My mother told me once that the light completely went out and she heard shuffling noises as if something was crawling her way, coming from the bath tub.

I usually listen to music while brushing my teeth and once - that was maybe two or three months ago - my music became very distorted all of a sudden and sounded very low and slow. I thought nothing of it and just assumed that something was wrong with my mp3 player. But afterwards, it worked perfectly fine and the batteries were fresh too.

And more recently there are things going on in my room too.

There hasn't been anything too disturbing or even dangerous so far, it's just annoying.

I always hear shuffling and rustling in the corners of my room and everywhere where a lot of things are standing, the darker places. Not only at night when I try to sleep, but also during the day and even when I'm not at home. My parents hear it too because my mother asked me about the noises a few days ago. We suspected that I brought in mice somehow which is close to impossible, but we wanted to be sure and searched the entire room - nothing, no animals and no feces or anything. Just those noises.

Also, my room often gets very cold even when the radiator is turned on and I find thing at places where I'm very sure that I didn't put them. But I am just too willing to blame that on my forgetfulness.

It becomes pretty disturbing at night, I often wake up from being touched or because something tickles me in my sleep. Last year during the winter I even was awoken by voices saying something I couldn't make out very close to my ear. And at the beginning of the year I woke up with strange scratch marks on my arms and legs.

But again, I would gladly blame it on some sharp objects I've lost somewhere in my bed or something like that.

And last but not least, I have a constant feeling of being watched that stops as soon as I leave the house. Am I reading too much into all of this? I kind of grew up with multiple kinds of strange phenomena and have no idea of what is still normal and where the, well, not normal stuff begins. I have also read about teenagers who start a riot by telekinesis subconsciously and thought that maybe I could cause some of the trouble because the phenomena increased recently and I happen to have a very difficult time right now, school and fights with my parents and things like that.

Well, that was it so far. Thank you very much for your time and please help me with this if you can. I try to relax but not being able to sleep because your room is too noisy and being afraid to go to the toilet isn't too helpful for that.

Other hauntings by LuiDesu

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LuiDesu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

naomi16 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Gosh your brave. As you say you could blame it on things like sharp objects etc. I have woken multiple times with scratches on my arms and legs, so we went to the doctors who didn't have an explination other than sharp objects in my room since I couldn't self harm myself because I bite my nails (gross habbit) but I wouldn't worry about it 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
LuiDesu,
Just to make sure this isn't a natural ocurrence or from environmental causes, I would suggest to your parents to get the electrical situation checked out. Some of what you have described certainly sounds as if that may be part of the problem. And if it is electrical interference, you cannot discount the possibility that there may be a high EMF causing the fears, auditory hallucinations, and the feelings of being watched. The simple fact that it stops when you leave is a good reason to consider this as one or perhaps the entire problem...Jav
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
Here are some of the suggestions I have. You can try some or all of them:

(1) I see that your are a teenager. When it comes to teenagers, you are still growing both physically and mentally and for whatever reason teenagers attract the paranormal. I suggest meditation to calm your nerves. You also mentioned that you are having fights with your parents. When that happens, take a time out and cool out before talking to them and many times problems can be solved when all parties are calm and collected.

(2) Also, connected with the above suggestion; create positive energy in your house by doing good things with your parents like playing a board game or watching a movie together. Have a family and friends gathering and enjoy yourselves. The laughter created by everyone having fun will create a lot of positive enough.

(3) Burn sage and incense in your house and every room. It is believed that sage incense create purity and positive energy.

(4) Also, it would be best if you get your parents to do a blessing of the house. Either they can do it themselves (there is a blessing "recipe" by rook on this site) or have a religious leader from your faith come and do the blessing.

I hope you have good luck and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: