You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Has She Seen An Orb?

Real Ghost Stories

Has She Seen An Orb?

 

Today at school I was talking to two of my best friends, Sanna and Niamh about ghosts. Niamh dismissed it and said that ghosts didn't exist but my Sanna's head popped up (she'd been drawing) and she said very seriously, "Yes they do." She seemed to be really convinced on this so I asked her if she'd ever seen a ghost or anything supernatural.

She nodded and told me that she had woken up one night because the willow tree next to her house had been banging loudly on her window. She didn't want to get up because it was very late but the room was very stuffy so she opened the window to let some air in. She described to me that she'd seen a "black oval shaped thing" just floating there. It didn't move towards her but she felt very drawn to it. Her mother had seen and told her about orbs so she closed the window and went back to bed, deciding to talk her mother about it the next day.

She said that she'd had different experiences with the other side but wouldn't tell me anything about them. Sanna and her mum are not the type of people who say that they attract ghosts/demons/orbs and whatnot and I really don't think she'd make this up.

Does anyone have any information on orbs? Dumb it down a bit for me so I can understand exactly what sort of thing is stalking Sanna's family. Information such as;

* Are they dangerous?

* Could it be a dead relation?

* Is it watching over Sanna's family?

* Will it attract other supernatural beings?

Thanks for anything helpful though!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AhoyLorna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostsrreal202 (6 stories) (27 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
I would have thrown something at it to see if it reacted. If it didn't I'd have went closer and touch it to see if it had some sort of energy to it. If it did react, such as move, dissapear, or come closer, I would have run! Mabey you should advise your friend to look into the history of the house. Mabey that could give you answers.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
Vague unformed shapes are not the kind of thing seen very often & as reptilian mentioned, are probably the most likely to be an optical illusion. Some have theorized that they are spirits that have not gathered enough energy to form, or have not yet figured out how to form. Personally I don't think we have enough anecdotal evidence to make an educated guess as to what they are at this time. It could be anything & I think usually it is going out on a limb to even speculate that it is a sentient form rather than some natural phenomenon. The good news is that I am not aware of any report of someone coming to harm from such a thing. As for attracting other things, I don't think so, the accounts I am aware of are generally pretty isolated. Though I think they are occasionally seen before or after the sighting of apparitions, thus the speculation that it is an unformed spirit, I believe the time span between them is generally short (a few days at most).
reptilian (45 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
You say this happened at night, right? Perhaps the first question you ought to ask is "are orbs just a trick your eyes play on you due to bad lighting?". You must always, always rule out the mundane before asking deeper questions.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: