You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Hospital History

Real Ghost Stories

Hospital History

 

This story is based at a 'mental' hospital. I was put in there because of serious depression. Though when I was assessed by my doctors for the past 3 to 4 months, they said I was fine and I knew I was fine, I just needed a break from reality and that was all. (Most kids that were there had similar problems as me. I always thought it was a place for 'crazyyyy' people but ever since I've been in there, I have had a whole heap of new views about things).

The second month being in the hospital I was getting so bored, so I thought I'd entertain myself by making a Ouija board along with the other patients at the hospital. (We were curious at the time). Anyway the first time we tried doing this was in the 'PS3' room but one of the nurses caught us halfway into the game and he ripped it apart and he said to us "you guys shouldn't play with stuff like this! Not that I believe its true just yeah..." though in his eyes I knew he believed in negative spirits. Well when he left the room me and the other 3 patients went on making another Ouija board, I liked to joke around the first few times we tried then finally I got serious. We all felt the coin move a bit then we heard the nurses walking down but when me and a friend tried to tuck the board away we accidentally ripped the paper right in half. We just ended up laughing about it. Then we went on making another one of those boards and did it in the "WII" room (we have leisure rooms). Because it was getting so late we were getting really drowsy.

The next night in the PS3 room I saw a girl run across the grass through the window and I was startled. Then I told myself that I probably imagined it so I went onto whatever I was doing. An hour later one of the other patients came and told me she saw a girl in the WII room. Now that took my attention. I told her what I saw as well and we both got so curious. We ended up ignoring it. This would happen occasionally for a whole month along with the other 2 patients. We all were scared and I realised we never had a chance to say goodbye to the spirits on the Ouija board because we ripped it. We were all paranoid and didn't know what to do. One of the nurses overheard our conversation about it so she came in and said to us " see the other nurse warned you, let me tell you a story, another patient who was here before did the same thing and unexplained things went on for a whole week during night shifts (when all patients were asleep),"

Me and the other patients still weren't satisfied so I asked her "has any patient ever suicide here in Gna ka lun (name of hospital)? If not is there any history about this place?" The nurse went on and replied "well no, no one can ever suicide cause as you know there's cameras everywhere, and we check up on you guys every 30 minutes and it's a protected place, I'm not even meant to tell you patients but because I believe you're mature enough ill tell you. Well before this hospital was made, it was an orphanage hospital and something about a little girl died here and everyone would see her including the nurses but we choose to ignore it" Me and all the other patients fell frightened. We knew this was not normal.

A week went by and one morning around 5AM (usually wen I wake up), I saw one of the patients so I called her name, but she kept walking and finally I followed her into the PS3 room but she wasn't there, except I saw another patient and I asked him "did Charley walk in here?" but he replied "no, why?" Again I thought I was going crazy but I was sure that I saw her walk into that room so then I said "I saw her walk in here, she was wearing black and red stripped top and black pants" but then he replies "but she's still asleep?" When she finally woke up, she came and said her 'good mornings' and she wore the exact same clothes as I saw here in the morning. I asked if she was up earlier but she said no.

Two days later, around 5:30 AM I saw Charley again except she was wearing black and walked into the WII room. Again I called her name and followed but when I reached the room, she wasn't there. Now I was getting really scared. Again when Charley woke up I asked her the same questions and her replies remain the same.

Another week past and this time I heard people knocking on my door really hard around 12 midnight. So I walk towards the door and opened it. No one was there. I finally fell asleep. When I finally woke up at 5AM I opened my door and I saw Charley in the WII room and this time I didn't walk into the room. I just closed my door and straight away I heard 3 clear hard knocks on my door. I quickly opened it and no one was there. I was so frightened I stayed in my room no matter how many times I heard the knocks (it just kept knocking repeatedly).

When finally it reached 8AM the nurses came to check if I was awake and ready for brekkie. Then in the morning I asked Charley if she knocked on my door but she said no. I also asked if she was in the WII room and again the same answer. Then I started telling her what's been happening and she believed me because she's seen the little girl. We gave her a name; Annabelle.

To prove to Charley I wasn't lying, (just in case) I called her to come to my room one morning. We waited 5 minutes until the knocking began again. When it started knocking I opened the door and again no one was there. Charley couldn't believe what has just happened. The next morning it started happening to her door as well (she also showed me).

Later that night my door opened by itself (when you close my door then push it, you can't open it unless you twist the handle). So then I showed Charley and the other patients. I CLOSED my door and even checked everything (pushed, pulled and everything and it wouldn't open). We all took a few steps backwards (at least 2 meters away), then suddenly my door just opened. We tested it more than 5 times. I was so scared I called my mum to pick me up and take me out of there. I know I wasn't crazy because enough was proven that THERE is something in that hospital.

(P.S. This is only the brief outline of what happened)

What do you think it was? Was it because we played with the Ouija board? Or was there really a little girl's spirit?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mentle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alb15 (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-27)
Well,I have two conclusions/thoughts to your encounter. Number one, maybe when the Ouija Board got ripped up you have unleashed spirits into the real world. Secondly I think maybe it's the girl (Annabelle) just playing tricks on you. Keep us updated if anything else happens.P.S. Don't be scared... Who knows maybe you have a guardian angel who is doing this to show you that its around.:)
Mrmeme1212 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-23)
I can confirm this, the hospitals name is Gna ka Lun, I was admitted for over 3 months and I too heard these stories and experienced the events. There was no suicides and unfortunately I hate to discredit the story but it wasn't an orphanage beforehand it was farm land as most of campbelltown was. The nurses were very hesitant to tell us ANY details about the 'haunting' but they did confirm that the hospital was blessed and exorcised by a priest.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
I'm sorry but no nurse would say that. This story has a few parts that make no sense.
Ajaxkid (1 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
Hello All!
I am a psychiatric nurse and some things I feel the need to comment on and, please, no offense to anyone is meant.

The nurse did not want anyone to make the ouija board because he did not want it to feed into any paranoia or delusions that some patients may be having at the time.
It had nothing to do with how that nurse felt personally.

Quote from stephyw2001: "And no, they would not tell you if anyone committed suicide. That would violate HIPPA laws and they would get fired for that too."
Stephyw, you are correct that no nurse would do that. It's not exactly therapeutic, now is it? Lol
However, with no patient identifiers, there is no HIPAA violation.

I and other staff have heard and seen things within our hospital. We certainly do not share these things with the patients. Could you imagine?

Unfortunately, unless a staff were to be a witness, I can only admit that any unusual occurrence experienced by a patient would be chalked up to his/her psych issues... Though we (staff) have had our (rare) moments of inward entertainment of possible paranormal events.

We once had a patient who would be talking in her normal voice and then, suddenly, would close her eyes and lapse into speaking in a low gutteral voice. This was, apparently, the voice of her dead sister.
I have to tell you, I have been in mental health for a long time and that was the only time I had ever seen such a thing! It actually sent chills up my spine!
Another nurse (a good Catholic) witnessed this with me. She was the old-school nurse who was very stoic and bothered by nothing, but when we witnessed this peculiar behavior and listened to that sinister voice, she blanched and leaned into me and whispered, "Dear God! She doesn't need a psychiatrist! She needs a priest!"
Now, a couple of patients witnessed this too... And nobody said a word. I think they were too freaked out. I find that our patients tend to be a rather verbal bunch, so when they are left speechless, well, that's saying something.

The point is, in that story, there may have been a psych basis for this behavior, but that was an example of one time wherein we did not wonder if there wasn't a little more to it than that.

Sorry, for the long post.

Ajaxkid
smileydelwen (16 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
Hey there.
I am from Australia myself too, where is this mental hospital? Is it an old building, when was it established?

Where about is this hospital? If I am close to it, I would like to go there and have a looksie 😉
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
Hmmm I don't think the ouija played much involvement in this case maybe a little but not a lot. These type of places seem to have a very negative energy associated to them in the first place, so I would not be surprised if there are certain spirits that are attracted by this. The little girl may very well have been from the orphanage she certainly is not malevolent and to me may just be residual. Dont know wether you should have mentioned the exact name of the hospital aswell! 😕

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
stephyw2001 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-07)
I have a problem believing that in a "mental" hospital a nurse would tell stories to patients that could induce paranoia... Unless he/she was looking for some type of job security. I think that a nurse could get fired over something like that. And no, they would not tell you if anyone committed suicide. That would violate HIPPA laws and they would get fired for that too.
Cypher (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-06)
I agree with LuiDesu, the spirit may have though that you have an interest in the paranormal, so they decided to play around with you a bit. Good thing though they don't seem to be malevolent. 😊
klpvolleyball4 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
It could be the Ouija board, but since the nurses said that they have seen this girl before then it may be just a harmless disturbed spirit. Maybe we will never know. Oh and I loved the story by the way! 😁
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
I've heard arguing sides over ouija boards. Some people say they're portals that allow spirits to come through... Others say they're baloney while some will assert that they increase one's sensitivity when it comes to seeing spirits.
If I had to guess, that's what happened here; your sensitivity was aroused. After using the board and hearing the story about the girl who might have died in the orphanage, you and a few others were open to the presence of her spirit. She doesn't sound harmful, just a residential spirit who walks around at night and maybe makes some mischief. You don't live in the hospital any more, right? I hope you're no longer feeling depressed. There are times when I feel detached from reality and 'fade away', sort of. It's nice to get away sometimes and then have a nice, gradual reintroduction to the normal flow of everyday life.
LuiDesu (3 stories) (13 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
They caught you using ouija boards and overheard you talking about using it and thought you mature enough to know about the past of the place and the dead girl? What a bunch of great nurses...

Anyways, maybe its both the board and the spirit? Maybe you disturbed it somehow and, in some way, woke it up while playing around with these boards? One way or another, Ouija boards are bad news and you really shouldn't use them...You've heard that lecture before, I suppose.
radrazz0682 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
I believe it's the Ouija board. I know someone else from the school I used to go to who experimented with one and started seeing a figure standing over her bed at night. As well as that, there seem to be numerous stories about of Ouija boards causing supernatural events.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: