You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Woman Standing In Front Of My House

Real Ghost Stories

Woman Standing In Front Of My House

 

My story took place about two years ago outside my home in California, it was a freaky experience and I still don't know what to make of it.

It's almost midnight and I'm on my couch enjoying an episode of Friends; once the credits start to roll I check the time on my phone and it says 11:57; I get up and step onto my front porch to look at the moon when I get this uneasy feeling. I cannot describe it any better than uneasy, weird, like being watched, so I look around my block (I live on a dead-end street and my house sits right in the middle of the block) when something standing on the sidewalk on the other side of the street gets my attention.

It appears to be a woman dressed in black but the more I stare at her, the weirder it becomes. I stand on my porch for anywhere between 10 and 15 seconds, staring right at it/her/whatever it was, pinching myself because I want to make sure that it is not a figment of my imagination and I suddenly get this rush of fear, so I open my metal screen door and stand inside my house, staring at her/it/whatever it was through the door.

Let me describe this person/thing: it appears to be a woman, maybe 5'2" and sort of pudgy, she is wearing a black skirt that reaches under her knees, a black sweater, black flat old-womanly shoes, and a veil that covers her head but I cannot see any hair/neck.

I continue to stand for anywhere between 30 seconds to a minute, and I cannot look away but I am terrified because this thing/person looks so out of place, especially with the head veil, and I notice that it doesn't appear to move. Normally when someone stands, they don't stand up completely straight without shifting or moving around to balance their weight, but this thing just stands there with its back as straight as a board.

The only light outside comes from various streetlights and the house this thing stands in front of has all the lights off minus the soft blue glow of the TV that is visible through the front window, there are no cars or people walking (like I said, it's a dead-end and we don't get a lot of traffic, especially at 12 o'clock at night) and as the noise of the nearby freeway somehow drowns out everything gets weirder. I don't feel any wind, I don't hear any noise, it feels like everything else is paused and it's just me and this thing, and I feel scared again.

I notice that I can't tell whether it's facing me or looking away (obviously I figure her face is covered with the veil/shawl thing she's wearing) but I do feel like I'm being watched, I try to focus on her legs/shoes but I simply cannot make out whether I am looking at her front or her back and I almost yell for my brother but I get this weird idea: what if it hears me and it shows me something I don't want to see?

I run to my brother's room (around 15 feet from the front door) and I tell him to come and we both run back (the whole process takes maybe 10 seconds) and when we arrive at the door, nobody is there and everything is back to normal. We step outside and there are no cars, no people, nobody walking on the street, it seems like she simply vanished.

My neighbor who owns the house she/it was standing near mentioned that someone has been leaving weird items like bags with meat and hair inside.

I still don't know what to make of this situation, does anyone have any input?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, darkcoloredglasses, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

latty (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-13)
maybe you should involve the police to do a dna. The meat and hair could be the remains of the woman you saw. So sicko maybe disposed of her there.
Benjamin840 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
wow and that's really frek, be it human or ghosts, if someone at that hour is staring at you or looking wierd of course it could scare the hell out of you, please post more, interesting and freking feaky
UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
Someone left bags with meat and hair in them in front of your neighbor's house? Really freaky. You did a good thing by not attracting the ghost's (?) attention to you.

I'm adding this one to favorites. Amazing story!
viditacute (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
hie... My name is Vidita. I am new to this place and I want to post something for the first time. I found this site a couple of weeks before and read many stories. Thanks for sharing this... Very scary experience. And Thanks Alot for reading my comment...
Vidita❤
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
I totally agree with Nyssa. I made the mistake of talking to a strange person once and they began to stalk me, leaving gifts at my door (nothing as strange as meat and hair).

A very unusual and frightening experience, though, paranormal or not.

Thanks for sharing it.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
Don't know why it cut me off, I was saying... My guess would be you caught the person leaving these strange things at your neighbor's house & she did not like that you saw her. She seems to be either trying to curse your neighbor in some way or scare them by acting freaky & mystical. It is probably best you did not make her think she has to worry about you getting in the way of her weird activities. People acting that strangely should not be trifled with. Your neighbors should probably try to figure out who they may have upset.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
My guess would be you caught the person leaving these strange things at your

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: