You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In The Night

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Night

 

Howdy guys, first time putting a story up here and I'm going to share with you an experience me and 3 of my friends went through some 2 and a half years ago. Before I get into the bulk of the story I'll give you some background information that is vital to the story.

We had just started our senior year in high school so we were all around the ages of 17-18. It was school holidays at the time of the incident, it was late one night so my friends Tom, Jack I thought we'd go for an adventure. Tom and Jack had had some fun the previous weekend by taking a night walk through Belair National Park in the hills of Adelaide, Australia, my home town. Although a hefty fine applies for being caught in the park after dark they told me it was really relaxing and cool to do.

Animals roam openly through the park, and its a really iconic piece of what Australia is during the day. Filled with Tennis and Basketball courts, huge open grass fields and BBQ's and benches set up for family outings.

Late one night, around 3am, Jack, Tom and I snuck past the rangers house and into the park. We took a short walk into the park, going through some playgrounds that had been a source of hours of entertainment to me as a child. We made it to a dense forest next to a lake. We got halfway through the forest before we thought we would call it a night. As we turned to leave, someway ahead of us on the path, we heard a very, high pitched human scream. We disregarded the noise as an animal and continued walking back towards the exit of the park, only to hear the scream come again, only this time closer behind us, as though it had snuck further up on us. Safe to say we bailed fairly fast after this.

A fortnight after this night, we decided to go back into the park. This time joined by Nick. It was a dark night, relatively cloudless night with a light breeze. Before I go on any further I would like to point out that none of the people involved were on any types of drug at the time. We had not been drinking or smoking. We snuck past the guard post as usual without a hiccup. Tom, Jack and I who had spent a lot of time at the park as children thought we would try and find Echo Tunnel, a tunnel that ran under a hill that, you guessed it, echoes.

Following nothing but our senses we somehow found the tunnel. I cannot stress the fact of how hard this tunnel is to find if you have no direction, it is up fire paths across creeks and through forests but somehow this night we found it. We went through the tunnel and came out on the other side to see a path that climbed into the hills of the park, a nearby sign told us the upper and lower waterfalls were ahead. We climbed for some time realizing we were some 2 hours walk into the park, far from an exit. We climbed further on before the ground leveled out, ahead of us the path bent to the right, obscuring our vision of the path ahead. As we came around the bend, Tom was in the front, Jack behind him, then myself then Nick. The following events were witnessed by Jack, Tom and I, Nick was texting on his phone and missed the entire event, which only lasted a short time.

As we rounded the bend we saw a dark figure ahead of us in the middle of the park. I could see the sheen of eyes in the dark, as we took a few more steps forward we saw the figure of a human take shape. I personally, along with Jack and Tom thought a ranger had followed us and taken a shortcut to block us off. Within seconds it became apparent we were wrong. A young girl of around the age 6-10 stood there. She wore a torn summer dress, her hair was long an unkempt. Her face seemed oddly twisted, her skin rotted. Her jaw then lowered, far lower then a jaw can go, until it hung over her chest.

She issued a scream that will haunt me until I die. An unearthly scream that made all my hairs stand up. We turned and ran, without a second thought, and she screamed after us, for 2 full minutes we ran and the whole time my ears were filled with her screaming. We stopped a considerable way down the mountain to catch our breath. Myself and Jack are strong believers in the supernatural, Tom on the other hand is a skeptic. Tom was the most shaken of all of us, being in the front he had seen it better. He could not describe what he had seen. We then brought up the fact of the screams we had heard on our last visit.

Shortly after we left the park and returned home with our story. Friends of ours were stunned. I can honestly say I have no idea of the events that took place.

Feel free to leave comments guys and I'm happy to answer questions, I will be submitting some more stories in the coming weeks. Thanks for reading, AndyCush.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AndyCush, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Megan_1993 (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
I must admit that story is quite scary... Terrifying to be there of course.
But didn't this make you think of The Beaumont Children Jane Beaumont age 9 the eldest of 3 siblings who went missing in Adelaide maybe not near the park but if you want to hide a body for decades its the place (please take no offence) she was known to be very protective perhaps her screams are to protect her younger brother and sister?

A reported sighting was seen sometime after the abduction with the man who apparently abducted them being 'heavy handed' with the young boy.

Just something for you to research if your still interested 😁
AndyCush (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Thanks for the feedback guys I've been living in broome and haven't been able to get on the net much! As for looking what happened to the girl, the net says nothing, I made an annoymous call to the park sometime after the incident and that turned up with nothing, told me I was crazy and to stay away from the park during closing hours. Haha. I'll be posting another of my stories shortly! Thanks guys!
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
She wore a torn summer dress, her hair was long an unkempt. Her face seemed oddly twisted, her skin rotted. Her jaw then lowered, far lower then a jaw can go, until it hung over her chest.

It was late one night so my friends

It was a dark night, relatively cloudless night with a light breeze
The following events were witnessed by Jack, Tom and I, Nick was texting on his phone and missed the entire event, which only lasted a short time.

----

Only lasted a short time, at night, cloudless sky, no mention of a moon, or any mention of any flashlights/torches.
And yet someone can see, in an instant, enough to identify the young girl, before turning tail and running.
No mention of investigating about such to the rangers, no mention of any possible lost children in the historical archives; you see a possible ghost/screamer and you have absolutely NO DESIRE to research this further?

Curiouser and curiouser indeed.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
I'm of two minds concerning this account.

First- The mask slipped from her face and Taro froze, unable even to scream. The woman's mouth spread from one ear to the other, consuming her lower face. From the nose down, it was split, with two flaps of skin spreading to show her rows of sharp pointed teeth. Her hinged jaw opened impossibly wide, and her misshapen mouth somehow managed to form the words again: "Am I beautiful?"

Http://www.seekjapan.jp/article-2/766/Tales+of+Ghostly+Japan

Second- Thylacine
Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thylacine

I very much doubt the second, even though the Thylacine could open it's mouth insanely wide, and for the same reason I doubt that what you saw was the wildly elusive Australian Drop Bear.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
AndyCush - while reading this story, I thought the same thing as Rook, that something terrible happened to this girl.

The net might be a source of information, as well as local newspapers, etc. Just out of curiosity, do you remember the exact date this happened? It might help you narrow down your search, if you're interested in finding out.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
As I read this I was struck with the question... Were there any missing children reports in the area around the time this occured?

It may be worth considering that the spirit of this poor girl may have been attempting to draw attention to where she was buried?

I'm sorry that I've gone all 'dark and 'creepy' but I have learned to 'trust' my gut and that is the situation I thought of while reading your experience. Thank you for sharing this with us...

Respectfully,

Rook
UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
This is terrifying. Maybe I would have been frozen on the spot with fright if I saw a scary ghost like that. 😨

I think you should ask the rangers about the ghost. They might know something about her.
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
Okay that scared the b-g-ses outta me. 😨
I could only imagine that something terrible happened to that girl before she died.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us!
❤ Qt
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
Eeeek! That made my hair stand on end. 😨 I'm sure all of you must have jumped right out of your skin. That would have scared me to death. Did you ever hear any reports of that park being haunted, or if there were any tragedies? This one scary story, going in my fav's. 😊
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
Ok that is just scary. It is easy to imagine the spirit of a young person who died there getting upset with people unsafely sneaking around there at night & since the screams alone did not keep you away... Or I suppose it could just be something creepy that takes horrifying shapes to scare people. I don't think there is anything mundane you could mistake for a little girl with an unhinged jaw.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: