You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Strange Kitchen Incidents

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Kitchen Incidents

 

Before I start, this didn't happen to me, it happened to my boyfriend. I trust him completely, and this is what he told me. I was just curious to know if there were any suggestions.

A few months back he was sat in his bedroom, which is upstairs. It was late in the night, about 10pm. He said that he first heard rummaging and moving around coming from the kitchen. He was babysitting younger siblings, they were in their bed asleep. His brother and his brother's friend were in the room next door, so he went and asked them if they heard the noise, to make sure he wasn't hearing things. They said they definitely heard a noise too. They all knew no one was in but them.

So my boyfriend went downstairs into the kitchen, even though he said he was really freaking out because he has had weird little feelings in his house already. (only little things like feeling someone standing behind him, someone knocking on his bed room door, etc)

When he was walking down he heard a louder bang. He walked into the kitchen and turned the light on, and he said he saw one of the bowls from the kitchen cupboard (which was shut!) on the floor. It was, he said, just placed in the middle of the kitchen. It wasn't near kitchen work tops, or anything that could have supported the bowl. It was just dead in the middle of the kitchen floor. The cupboards were still shut, and there was no explanation for why this could have happened.

He got his brother and his friend to come downstairs and look at the bowl, and they both agreed that it was impossible for it just to have 'fallen' off of a worktop. It was a china bowl and would have smashed if it DID fall off, though there were no bowls out of the cupboard anyway, so it couldn't have fallen unless someone had moved it there.

It's just a really weird thing to happen to someone. I know it's nothing dramatic, or anything shocking, but it really is strange. Seeing as he has had other small experiences, it doesn't really seem too random because he has had, and I've had experiences at the house too. (only minor) Before you start questioning the story - yes, I trust my boyfriend completely, I've been with him for two and a half years and I know he wouldn't do something like this.

If you want to know, the minor sort of things, they happen quite regular, twice a month ish. They're only little things & they don't really have any evidence to prove that the things we experience are just our mind playing tricks on us.

Any ideas for why this would have happened? Anything? Sorry if I am wasting your time, I just would like to know people's thoughts on the situation.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Staceylouise-xx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
I agree with Nysa. This seems like the work of a poltergeist to me.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
I forgot to ask... You called your posting strange kitchen incidents, have many of the strange little things occured in the kitchen?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
Most genuine paranormal events are not dramatic or shocking. Without knowing the details of the other minor happenings, I am going to say it sounds like poltergeist activity. There are different theories about poltergeists. Some believe they are just "average" ghosts that prefer moving things rather than appearing as an apparition. Others believe they are a different kind of spirit being. Many believe it is actually uncontrolled psychic energy projected by someone in the house (often an adolescent or young adult) without their knowledge.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: