You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Floating Krystal Boxes And An EVP

Real Ghost Stories

Floating Krystal Boxes And An EVP

 

When I was between the ages of 5-8 and my brother 1-3, we lived in a trailer and a few strange things happened there.

This one I think of often. On top of my chest of (chester) drawers I had a Cabbage Patch lamp with a pink lampshade that I used for a nightlight and every night for who knows how long I would see 3 crystal boxes floating in the air in a triangle formation in the pink orangy glow. I can remember the way it looked very clearly. And no, not crystal... I'm talking Krystal the fast food restaurant! Little delicious square burgers in a little box similar White Castle. I only saw the boxes, the burgers weren't included. For some reason it didn't phase me at all and I wasn't scared. Hahaha, I know it makes no sense at all and I have no idea what it could possibly mean, but they were there. I wish Krystal hadn't changed the colors on their packaging.

My brother refused to sleep in the bedroom we shared, instead he slept on the recliner in the living room with Land Before Time on constant repeat. My mother recalls him acting really strange and claims he was possessed. He would prowl at night opening up cabinets and he was always so mean. One night he was particularly ornery and I remember him laying on my parents bed and mom was freaking out because his pupils were literally changing shape!? I told her they looked like devil heads. When I try to remember what they looked like sometimes the image that pops in my head is more Kermit the Frog looking pupils other times it reminds me of King Koopa's silhouette, which is more devil heady. I have tried to figure out what could cause a baby's pupils to change shape like that but I haven't come up with anything. I don't remember what we were doing before after the whole situation just the moment we realized they were changing.

My brother and mom claim we were laying in bed together and they saw a "gray boy" appear, and my brother says when he got up to talk to it, it disappeared... Lastly, One night I was screaming bloody murder saying that someone was in my room, however I only remember my mom in my room asking me weird questions but the questions were so weird that I didn't think it was really her. I know that doesn't make much sense for you the reader, none of it probably does but I am now 27 and all that is just too fuzzy... And also my mom is pretty over dramatic so she may have made it all out to be more that it was. Years later when we were all discussing this I found out a child had died in the room that my brother and I shared so who knows... But one thing I know for certain is those dang Krystal boxes were there. Everything else may be iffy, but those things are legit.

A few years before all the ghost hunting shows came on I had come across web sites about ghost and evp's and orbs and the more I read the more I started getting all obsessed with the idea of ghost hunting... So I convinced my friend and brother we should do it and it became our "thing" for a couple of years. We weren't very professional, we would just walk around talking to each other with the recorder on and taking pictures. There are always orbs, but those could have been anything. There were several times we thought we heard something whispering, but never any clear evidence.

After each adventure we would usually go to a nearby parking lot to playback the tape, it would usually be a "wait, go back, did you hear that!?" kind of thing and we would try to listen for what the other person heard. But this time was different, we all heard it and we ALL screamed, I got goose bumps and tears were welling up in my eyes. We were so freaked that we had to go to Walmart just to get a sense of normalcy and be around other people.

It starts out with me accidentally hitting record and you hear the Walmart intercom beep, and I am like "Ahh" because I realize what I am doing. Then you me hear talking about some mess and my friend says we should leave the recorders on and us getting in the car. It goes "no don't leave, help me"

Evp by user187307

The forces were apparently against us having the tape. First of all I accidentally hit record at Walmart and about lost it that very night. Then at one point it got unraveled and messed up. We were able to wind it back I recorded it onto my computer by playing it into a microphone so it is horrible quality. We stopped the whole ghost hunting for a while but a couple of years go we decided to go on Halloween and I just grabbed the recorder without checking the tape in it and of course we finally accidentally recorded over the tape so it is gone forever, all I have is this crappy recording of already messed up recording. Hopefully by getting it out in the universe on the internet the forces won't cause my computer to crash to delete any traces of it!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fragginaardvark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
Thanks for getting back to me fragginaardvark. I think that your brother might have been suffering from peaked pupils.

On googling Peaked Pupils, did you read this article: http://www.eyerounds.org/trauma.htm It's very informative (and gruesome). 😉
fragginaardvark (1 stories) (2 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
Hey UntilDark. Thanks for your input. It was pretty rapidly and only that one time. It's really hard to remember what was going on before and after the whole situation so not quite sure how long they stayed that way as far as minutes or hours, I just googled that peaked pupil and THAT kind of sent chills down my spine. If the peaked pupil can have two peaks... That would be pretty close to what we saw. I'll have to read about all that some more.

BlueZeeh, thanks for your comment. That's probably my friends voice you liked, she is the one saying 'lets leave the recorders on...':)
BlueZeeh (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-11)
I don't think I've ever been so scared. I always come back to this story, it is awfully peculiar and interesting. Your brother's possessed state seriously freaks me out. I mean, just the thought of pupils changing shape give me the chills! I can hear a "No don't!" in the EVP as well, some part in the middle. You have a nice voice as well. (Better than anyone I know) 😜 Good story, mate! 😉
UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
I could definitely hear a "No, don't" in the EVP. Your story sounds pretty interesting.

Just curious, did your brother's pupils change shape rapidly or slowly? Abnormally shaped pupils could have been a result of a previous injury or a condition called 'Peaked pupils' or maybe the early symptoms of Narrow-angle glaucoma. I'm not challenging your experience in any way, but I think there could be a logical explanation about a few things.

I'm sorry for what you all had to go through in that house. Thanks for sharing. 😊
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-09)
Hi fragginaardvark, thanks for getting back to me. That is very strange about your brothers eyes changing shape like that. It could be that whatever was in that house, possibly the spirit of the child that passed away there was influencing his behavior and personality. I'm glad he is ok now and that you all moved out of that house. Keep up the good work with the evp's and I hope to hear more of them in the future. 😁
fragginaardvark (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
Hey Cosmogal926, I am glad you could kind of hear it.😁
We lived there probably until I was in 1st grade and that whole time he was a little super mean minion child. Our uncle would visit often and joke about him being demon possessed and then the crazy eye thing happened. Maybe there is a reasonable explanation for it all but it sure was creepy. There was also a lot of negative energy, our parents didn't really get along so who knows.
He is fine now. Nothing strange like that ever happened after we moved.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-08)
I could hear what sounds like a breathy "No Don't" It is a pretty interesting catch. I'm sorry for what was going on with your brother as a baby. How long did that go on for, and is he ok now? Thanks for sharing this with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: