You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Hotel Room

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Hotel Room

 

This happened 3 years ago, a true Story, however I do not quite remember the name of the castle hotel, since it was a long time ago, but the rest of this story is true. The location was in Scotland, in an old Castle Hotel, seeing how I'm bad at names, but it was a few hours away from the city.

My family and I were on vacation tour bus. We were staying at one of our last hotels before the two weeks was up. For the evening, the group had a choice wether they wanted to meet in the pub downstairs or not. Seeing how there was already a Wedding there, I decided to stay in my room where it was quiet. My parents went down to the pub with everyone else. When I had my shower, the door was closed and everything was quiet, though the back of my neck hairs went up, as if someone was standing right outside the bathroom door, even though I already locked the main door coming into the room. After the shower, I opened the door, the room was empty.

I spent most the time reading / writing in my journal about my times there. I still had the back of my neck hairs going up. Someone was still in my room.

After my folks came back, we all went to sleep, there were three of us there, so my mom and dad in one bed, and myself in another. A big empty room in an old castle which was turned into a hotel room, for myself I'm a big believer in ghosts and spirits, same with my mom. My dad however does not believe in them one bit.

In the middle of the night I woke up to an odd something. I had to put my hearing aids back in, I thought I was hearing something. There were three of us, I'm well aware of my parents breathing and yes, snoring. But there was an off beat breathing coming from the middle area of both beds as if it was watching over us. I thought I was nuts at first, so I went back to bed. I can remember my neck hairs staying up all night...

When we were walking to the tour bus the next day, as we were walking to the bus to head to a tourist site, we were still at the hotel for one more night. My mom walked with me saying " Did you hear an extra breathing in the middle of the night? " I nodded. I remarkered that I thought it was all of us snoring, but then I told her I thought someone was in the room with me before they came back.

The second night at the hotel, I heard the extra breathing again, it was kind of creepy, but at the same time, I managed to get some sleep.

I loved that tour we went on, we went to old historic places, graveyards and pubs. I especially loved the graveyards. Some of the tourists with me were in groups, I was just wondering over the place slowly, taking my time seeing if I could sense anymore spirits, like the one at the hotel.

I still think of the trip a while ago, I miss knowing the exact names of the places I've been to, and the names of my friends I've been to, I look back at the pictures, and it makes me remember the encounter with the extra body in the room.

---

Dear Readers-

It was a true story, I tried to keep it short and easy to read. I did not put any names of the locations, (I really tried to remember them, even with the pictures I was looking at while writing this).

Hope you enjoyed it.

Other hauntings by ice128

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ice128, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-13)
sounds interesting, to bad you can't remember the name, it would be interesting to visit, its not in the diary?
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-05)
This story sure is interesting! I wonder who/what it was that was watching over you, it does sound creepy! It's also great that your mum heard it too!
Annie (202 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Interesting story. It's great that your mom also heard the extra breathing. It's nice to know that ones not alone when experiencing strange happenings in a strange place. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Wow Cool Hotel that use to be castle and By the way I am deaf too I wear hearing aids.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: