You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Our House And The Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Our House And The Shadow

 

This story is the truth as I know it this is what I have experienced as well as my sister. For some background to our story we live in a house that was built in 1929, the same house my great grandfather and his wife (my father's grandparents) built by themselves. I was only little about 5 when this started.

My sister and I shared a room for a few years. I had the bed by the window. During the night we slept with the door open to let the air circulate since we lived in an old house. We slept in the front at the house. The light from the street lamp lit the hallway softly which in turn lit our bedroom. So I would often see a shadow standing at about 5'3 in height with one of those old flat hats (like Burt wore in Mary Poppins song jolly holiday). This never scared me I would lay there on my bed watching these shadow then I would go back to sleep. I could tell it was not on the wall because we have an old cupboard there under a bunch of family photos. I could see the shadow was actually in the doorway and not a shadow on the hallway wall.

Late last year I was writing down my experiences and I asked my sister who I shared a room with and she told me she had seen the shadow too. My father at that time was living with us told us that it sounded like his grandmother Ida just coming for a visit and checking up on her descendants.

So two room moves later and moving into the extension I haven't seen the shadow in the door way, we have 2 black cats that are only about 8mths old they don't hang around in the door way they come into the room if one of us are in the room and sometime they sit under my sisters bed and watch the doorway.

This story is true as I swear on my life this is not object of my imagination.

Leave a comment and be nice.

Other hauntings by Prophet_Sun

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Prophet_Sun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Prophet_Sun (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-12)
funnily enough the room when my great grandmother was alive was the lonuge room and has only changed when my parents mover into the house
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
Well your father might be right & a family member was checking up on you. But if that is the case why not check on you when you moved to a different room? Perhaps it is actually a residual haunting. Maybe your grandmother watched over someone in that room often while living & left an imprint of her energy in the doorway.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: