You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Voice Of The Unseen

Real Ghost Stories

The Voice Of The Unseen

 

It's a recent incident that has instigated my mind to believe in supernatural beings...

It was 12th November 2011, Saturday. My school, an all girls' school was celebrating its junior school sports meet. Junior school consists of classes right from Prep to Fourth standard. Rest all the classes, from 5th to 12th were enjoying a holiday, but unfortunately, my friend, Hana, Pearl and I had to attend school helping the young ones just because of the atrocious fact that we had sisters in the junior school. There were other 5-6 volunteers that were chosen by the teachers for other important or rather insignificant chores. Hana, Pearl and I had to look after the young ones of class Prep! How messy they were... The whole junior school had assembled in the far field of our school that was huge enough to bear the noises and trouble created by the kids. Even the parents of the junior school had gathered to cheer their kids participate actively.

After the games of class Prep, they wanted to visit the washroom. As per the instructions of their class teacher, we accompanied the little girls to the washroom instructing them to walk in a line avoiding the inevitable risk of anyone running away to their parents. They returned back to their class. Hana and I obeying the teacher went back to the washroom entrance to check if anyone of class prep was still loitering around in the washroom. On seeing that the entrance itself was deserted we were about to leave but still for confirmation I called inside "Is there any girl from Prep?". At first no one answered. Then again when I repeated the question, a sweet voice of a girl that seemed to be of our age replied, "Am there from Prep!" We laughed at the joke that a 15-16 year old can't possibly be in Prep.

Hana and I commenced to converse with her in a friendly way and her voice kept replying in a humorous way too. I finally questioned her, "Who are you?". She remained silenced. Then Hana posed the second question, "When are you planning to come out?" After a while she spoke, "Wait a minute am just coming!" Continuing with my jokes, I shouted, "Come out quickly or else I'll shoot you up!" Hana and I burst out laughing at this comment of mine. I repeated the dialogue in James Bond style. Her voice did not react at all. This time I asked her in a serious tone, "Are you coming?" No reply was heard. Hana posed the same question, but her voice seemed to be lost. We kept asking the same question like a parrot but her voice never showed up. Now Hana's patience was lost too. She rushed into the washroom while I stood waiting for her return. She followed the path from where the voice had traveled only to find emptiness. She opened each and every toilet but found not a trace of anyone's presence.

She returned to me conveying the horrible message that the girl had perhaps disappeared into thin air. I went and checked all the toilets myself but not an ant! Where could she have gone? Were we talking to the air? Or were we stuck in a terrible nightmare? But both Hana and I could not possibly have the same one. If that girl were to escape, how could she when I was standing right at the entrance? The mystery remains unsolved... And to be honest I would not really like to check back into the junior school washroom...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Twinkle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

eyana-rawat678 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-05)
I really liked the story Twinkle. Like if it was happened with me, I would have been really scared.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-13)
Twinkle, interesting story. So far as the suicide issue is concerned, you said "no one would dare to suicide because our school, "the epitome of discipline" does not allow any thing so violent." I think it is in exactly such strict places that chances of suicides happening are high. Some investigation should help, if the school authorities are co-operating. 😁
Twinkle (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
I guess you are correct Teneki... But the first time you come across such a situation you actually feel a little insecure...
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-09)
I don't think it's something to be afraid of, it actually sounds quite friendly. The supernatural doesn't always equal violent or hostile.
Twinkle (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
It's an old school Ginny, so you can't really expect the school authorities not concealing anything...OK, one such rumor is that our school is not too divine that it can be rebuilt... I DON'T KNOW WHY? One of nuns of our school claimed that... But am not sure for'em...In fact, I don't believe in any such rumor until and unless I haven't had the taste of it! And deaths and suicide in or school? You gotta be kidding! Next to impossible perhaps because we don't really enjoy the privilege of an easy going school... In short: no one would dare to suicide because our school, "the epitome of discipline" does not allow any thing so violent. 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Twinkle: Thank you for being so good humored 😊...

Many of us on this site have questioned "What the heck IS it with bathrooms/restrooms and ghosts?" 😆...One explanation from a poster (sorry, can't remember who) suggested that it's possibly because that's one instance when we're feeling most vulnerable or exposed...But, in this case, you weren't using the restroom...

This mystery can only be solved through some research of the area... Other than the rumor of a grave yard, are there any other explanations such as deaths/suicides in that area?
Twinkle (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Thanks Quixoticqt for your suggestion even though it was published by mistake. And as for your appetite, you are most welcome to my school as there are rumors of it being built on a gravY Yard!
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Darn computer put a comment in the wrong story *sigh*
Sorry Twinkle. I honestly didn't mean to post a comment where it wasn't supposed to go.
❤ Qt
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Hm. Cheeky.
Prayers would definatly help to keep this thing at bay. Of course I have no idea if your religious or athiest or agnostic so I'll just leave it at that.

❤ Qt
quixoticqt (5 stories) (104 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
mmm... Mashed potatoes and gravy. I think I got hungry this story. 😆
While reading I couldn't help but wonder if something terrible happened to that girl.
Amazing that she could still be humorous even on the other side.
❤ Qt
Twinkle (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Ooops! Thanks for the correction Ginny! I'll check the site. Errors arise when your mind is wandering in the depths of the incident that takes place... OK that's excess of a writer's or I must say a beginner's spirit!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Twinkle: I'm sorry, that was a bad joke 😊...It's spelled gravE yard... Gravy is a thickened sauce made from the drippings of cooked animals and is really good on mashed potatoes... Here in the States there are thousands of burial mounds of Native Americans:

Http://www.greatdreams.com/mounds.htm
Twinkle (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
hehehe... Good one Ginny, but when a strange thing happens all of a sudden, one can't really keep that experience to oneself... And as for the gravy yard, that's just a rumor, I mean am not sure for it myself.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2011-11-14)
Twinkle: Well, if it is built on a gravy yard, maybe there are some ancient Indian mashed potato mounds near by! 😆...Just kidding! 😆
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-14)
Well if it really is, let's call that happenings "normal"...
Twinkle (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-14)
I don't know about that... But it's believed that our school was built on a gravy yard. Am not sure whether its true or just a rumor...
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-14)
I've heard a lot of stories same as this.
Maybe the place has a story from the past.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: