You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Grandmother's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandmother's Ghost

 

I do not remember the exact year but it was in the late 1970's. I was visiting at my uncle's home, which had been in the family for many years. My grandparents and my grandfather's parents before him.

My grandparents had passed in the early 70's. All of us children used to play games in the house when we all got together as a family. One night we all sat around a card table in the living room each of us placed a thumb under the edge and had a kind of Séance we asked the spirit in the house which had been doing a lot of strange things to lift the table, all of a sudden the table started to raise we all thought that the old kids were doing it so we told them to stop. When they said it wasn't them we all stood up and screamed because the table kept going and we were not touching it. My uncle walked into the room to see why we had screamed and the table fell to the floor.

There was a long closet in my cousin's room and there would be someone knocking very loudly on the inside of the door but when you would open it there was no one there. Another night because of all things going on my uncle's wife decided to use an Ouija Board and taro cards. When she went to use the taro cards she got very upset at what they said and wouldn't tell anyone she got up and threw them out the window and forbid anyone from bring any back into the house.

Another night my uncle's step children and I were up stairs listening to music we had a couple colored lights on but for the most part the room was dark. The door was cracked open.

We could see foot prints walking across the rug and then an imprint like someone had sat on the bed. We all ran down stairs and we could see the foot prints coming down the carpeted stairs then vanish.

My uncle's wife was in my grandparent's old bedroom and she started to scream. We all ran into the room and at the foot of the bed was my grandmother's figure looking very angry and shaking her finger at my uncle's wife.

A few months later the house burnt to the ground. A chair my grandmother had given me as a child sat beside the house rocking the whole time it burnt. The chair never even got a mark on it, just sat there rocking. The 150 year old farm house was completely gone and the trees 8 feet away from the house burnt flat also.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghosthunter1967, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ghosthunter1967 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
I was only between 10 and 12 years old at the time. The woman who married my uncle was a very bad woman and did some really evil things and I have allways believed especially after seeing my grandmother shaking her hand at her, That she was warning her to change or else. I have allways felt my grandmother burnt the house. The chair that didn't burn was one my grandmother had bought for me when I was little
ghosthunter1967 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
There was no investigation done the fire chief said he believed it was old wiring the house was over 150 years old and very dry. They ran out of water. Years later my uncle wanted to rebuild a new house on the same spot and his wife would not let him she said the spot was evil
ghosthunter1967 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
I don't have we are a very small town and all those articles can only be found in the library on Microfiche I am planning on my next day off to go look it up and copy it then I will glady post the article for you. My uncles wife would never tell anyone what she read in the cards no matter how many times she was asked
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Like Moongrim, I like to know if you can get information or a link to anything relating to that fire.

Also, you mentioned that your aunt got upset after seeing something in the taro cards. Did she ever tell you what she saw?

Also, a fire that was able to burn a house and several surrounding trees has an investigate done to see if it was accidental or arson. Did you or your family ever find out what the cause of the fire was?
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Ouija boards and tarid cards will bring bad things into houses. It opens a gateway for demons to come and play.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
I don't suppose you've got a link to the newspaper report concerning this fire do you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: