You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Beast

Real Ghost Stories

The Beast

 

When I was in college in the early 1990s, I had an experience driving home around 1:00am-2:00am on Interstate 694 in the eastern suburbs of Saint Paul, Minnesota. It was late, and I was essentially alone in the middle lane of a multi-lane south-bound freeway (no other cars within several hundred yards of me). Without warning or any on-/off-ramps, a car suddenly appeared within feet of my rear bumper with headlights shining brightly in my rear-view mirror. I was immediately concerned about gang activity or other potential dangers, but I could not exit the freeway... So I simply kept driving.

After several seconds of the car literally being 4-5 feet behind me, it violently swerved to the right-hand lane (to my right) and pulled alongside of me. I cannot remember the exact type of car, but I do remember vividly the dark color and "beat-up" appearance, along with the words "The Beast" written into the driver's side door. I also remember that the driver of the vehicle looked like a much bigger, more evil-looking version of Marilyn Manson.

Now I was frightened, but I did not know what to do, as I had no way to exit the freeway. I just kept driving. After several seconds, the car promptly braked and got directly behind my car again, and after a few seconds of tailgating me (with no on-/off-ramps available), the car just disappeared. The freeway has lots of light poles in that stretch of road, so I know it was not simply an issue of the car turning off its head lights (as you would still have been able to see other vehicle in front or behind you). The car was simply gone.

To this day I have not been able to explain the experience.

Other hauntings by fourthgeneration

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fourthgeneration, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrRiggs (7 stories) (102 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-06)
Years ago (1981-82) I read a book written by Ed and Lorraine Warren, the demonologists, that described a very similar experience while working on a case.

I can't speak to the credibility or validity of the Warrens, but what you describe certainly struck a chord.
The8Ms (2 stories) (21 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-06)
I know I'm super late to the party but I just joined the group so I'm catching up. 😉 I just wanted to note that I know this stretch of road well. It would be hard to lose sight of a car even with their headlights off. It's lit up like an airport runway.
Carrotred (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-23)
Most likely sounds like some sort of Satan worshiper. Doubt it though.

God Bless

All the best - Carrotred
redone1867 (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
Great story first of all, second this could be a number of things. Everyone and their mother has tried some type of crazy driving joke. This is a tough one. It might be an action replayed or someone trying to mess with you. There are some people like that where I live and any time I have someone like that driving by me. I immeadiately pull over out of site lock all doors and get a friend on the cell phone and wait for them to pass me without being noticed.
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-02)
wow creepy!
its possible they shut off their lights and dropped back and waited on the side of the highway for their next victim to scare
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-28)
First let me welcome you back Fourth, long time no see. Second that was a very interesting story. Funny thing is I used to call my old buick electra "The Beast" wasn't written on it or anything.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: