You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Strange Black Man In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Strange Black Man In My Room

 

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to tell my story, I have had several paranormal experiences but I will only share one with you today. It all started when my family moved into this nice big house in southern California, around 1995, I was 15 years old and starting the 9th grade in high school, the house had belonged to an elderly lady. I really don't know the story of this lady or if anybody died in the house, I just know she had moved with her daughter, because of her age. We also noticed the neighbors, they were cubans and we didn't found out that they liked to practice voodoo or something like that until months later.

It all started one night, me and my sister (not the youngest) shared a room, we had bunk beds, she had the top and I had the bottom, we each had a window at the bed level. My sister woke me up telling me that she heard banging on her window she asked me if I had heard anything and I said no. She got scared but not enough to keep her from falling sleep again. We just left it at that. The next night we were sleeping and something woke me up, I just ignored whatever it was but had that uneasy feeling, I was almost sleep when I heard the loudest banging on my window, like two fist had banged the window as hard as anybody can. I sat up, by this time I was scared out of my mind, needless to say I didn't sleep the rest of the night.

The time the man appeared was about 1 year later when I had my own room. It was around 11:00 p.m. And my youngest sister had falling asleep on my bed, so I just got in bed with her and turned on the t.v., my night lamp was on also. My point is that the room was well lit. I was spooing my sister trying to go to sleep when all of a sudden I couldn't move, only my eyes. I could see my sister sleeping next to me and the lamp and the t.v., and I could see the the late night news were on, by this time this type of paralysis was so often I was kind of used to it, its just that I knew that something would happen.

I am laying on my left side I turned my eyes towards the right were something caught my attention and there he was, It was a man standing next to my clothe chest, staring at me. I couldn't believe my eyes, he was so clear, none of that transparent or foggy or smokey he was as clear as day, I could make out the complexion of this clothing, his hair and his eyes. It was what appeared to be an African American male, with dark pants and a jacket that reach his pants pockets. His hair was long and curly at had that wet look. He was modernly dressed, and the weirdest thing is that he had a bat or it could have been a cane in which he was leaning on forward with both hands, there he was just staring at me. I was scared out of my mind, and at the same time I was wondering what is this man doing here? Not really understanding. Just as he appeared he disappeared, and I regained my mobility once again.

Till this day I don't understand what I saw, if it was a spirit that our neighbors had brought or what. Several things happened after that which I will share with you later.

Thank you for reading and hope anybody can help me understand.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mary30xoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mary30xoxo (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-01-19)
He didn't seem angry. I felt like he wanted me to acknowledge him. And thank you for correcting me, it is called Santeria. Well this people would burn bones and other stuff several nights a month. I also saw a young boy two nights in a row and would have sleep paralysis extremely often. During these episodes of paralysis I would hear children talking to me and asking me questions. My mother tells me I was close to death at birth and that might have opened a door or made me sensitive to the other side. Who knows!. I write this several years after I posted this story. I haven't experience any mayor activity recently. Thank God. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Thxs
katyperry123 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
thats freaky you should tell some one or go to the priset good luck and be safe be bleesd 😁
Mizlexilyn12 (2 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Thanks for sharing, But I think I may know who visited you. His name is candyman. His real name was Daniel He was an african slave that fell in love with the master's daughter so the master chopped off one of his hands, angry by there love. And put a hook to replace it. Then he covered him in honey. And let the honey bees get him. And now he haunts anyone who say shis name 5 times. Now how he got there I do not know. I think maybe your neighbors got him to scare you.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Perhaps the neighbours brought this things to target the old lady that lived there before you.
Perhaps they did not like her, or she did something because she knew about the voodoo and stuff.
The only people who can tell you this is the neighbours themselfs...
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
It is strange that you feel sure he was announcing himself, but he never returned. Very interesting, thanks for sharing.
MoonWolf (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
The Cuban neighbors probably practiced Santeria. A realigion formed in Cuba about worshipping the Saints. I highly doubt that your neighbors would bring such a thing to target you.
mary30xoxo (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Yes I was very scared and the look on his face was to say" I am here". I've seen more apparitions but not as vivid as him.
snowhite (203 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
It might be someone who died in the house many years ago. Did you feel very scared? Did he have the evil look? I saw one old lady once in my bedroom. She was as clear as you and me. I was not scared but just not happy since I don't want to see ghost, especially when I lived in a big apartment all by myself.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: