You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Lives In The Garage

Real Ghost Stories

It Lives In The Garage

 

I read the comments from my last story, and I wasn't sure if I was going to tell what happened. Then this last weekend I went back to that house and I thought about it, and decided that if I don't tell it, I think I will still feel afraid. And I will admit that I am afraid of this one. It never really hurt me on a physical level, but it's taken a long time for me to feel comfortable telling close family, much less people out here on the internet.

One Friday night I was coming home from a late visit to the local library, and I knew that I was going to be the only one home since my parents had gone to a town south of ours to pick up some things. I pulled into the garage and hit the button for the garage door to close.

On my car, the radio doesn't shut off until you open the driver side door. At the moment it was playing a popular, upbeat John Mayer song. I had my purse in my lap as I opened my door, which as soon as I did, the music went off. The moment my foot hit the ground, two things happened. I got an absolute feeling of something being wrong and that I was not supposed to be in there. Second, I heard the most evil laugh I have ever heard in my life.

You know on those old Halloween movies where the bad guy laughed demonically? It was ten times worse, because it seemed to come from everywhere at once and if you could physically feel a laugh that meant you harm, it was in that garage. I took off running out the side entrance, got inside the house and locked the door behind me.

I stayed there at the door for a little while to calm down, but since it was around six or seven at night in the winter, it was dark outside and there weren't any lights on inside, which didn't help. I went to turn a light on next to the kitchen, but I saw something that made me stop. To the right of the kitchen sink is the entrance to a shed that's built onto the main house, and directly through the door there is a large window that looks out on the back diagonal street. That street is dirt and there are no houses back there since our house is towards the outskirts of the town.

Standing in the middle of the back road is a tall man wearing what looked like a cowboy hat. But he was like a black void, which was weird because there is a light overlooking a power generator back there, so I should've been able to see his face or at least what color clothes he was wearing. But even though I couldn't see his face, I swear on everything I believe in that I knew he was looking at me. I shut the door to the shed and locked it, and then sat in a corner away from the windows and stayed there until my parents got home.

I told them what happened, but my dad shrugged it off and my mom ignored it, only saying that I probably just misheard a noise and the rest was just an overreaction. I decided to drop it since they obviously weren't going to believe me.

I recently learned about sleep paralysis and the Old Hag syndrome, and so my other two experiences have been put into doubt for me. I would rather think that those two were some kind of medical anomaly than have to believe that it's still out in that garage. But I blessed my entire house nonetheless, and since then I haven't had any trouble from this shadow figure since.

And now here is the main reason I'm telling you this: I want an opinion. I am planning on going back to the house in a couple weeks, and I'll be taking my recorder with me. I have no intention of provoking, but I want to leave the recorder in the garage and see if I can't pick something up.

On the other hand I don't want to make whatever it may be mad and bring it back to my new home, since I'd be involving the people I'm living with. I'm curious and feel the need for closure, but I'm not about to put my roommates in that position. Please respond, since I'm at a bit of a crossroads here.

Other hauntings by sensitivetoenergy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sensitivetoenergy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sensitivetoenergy (2 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I'll remember your advice when I go back.
Sie (1 stories) (15 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
If you MUST use the recorder, you'd be wise to smude/bless your current residence before you leave, listen to the recording at the place you take it (in the garage if possible), then smudge/bless your place when you get back. It might also help to take some sort of protective amulet with you when you go. Funny as it sounds, I take one of my stuffed animals with me every time I go to a place I know is haunted because I've put possitive energy into them (yes, stuffed animals at almost 20 years old) and my siamese, Sabine, and my collie-lab, Shadow Dog, who are my familiars. These are just some tips for protection.
Scorp2011 (18 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
If you do make a recording, I'd suggest you listen to it there, in place. You bring the tape home, you might carry something with you, which you wish to avoid. Is there a paranormal investigation team that you might contact who would be willing to do an initial review of the tape?
We all have curiosity, but seeking to satisfy one issue does not guarantee closure. Be cautious and careful, and it never hurts to call on your Higher Power to protect you every step of your inquiry.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Try the recorder. Its already there, and laughing like a crazy person. You've got nothing to lose in my opinion.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Take the recorder, do what you need.

But like any outing, be sure to bring along some protection.

Spiritual if not, supernatural:

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron
saronamith (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
I'm the exact same, I would record and see what's going on. The only thing is that something like this could upset whatever is there and it could make it self known once again.
This is only an opinion, I'm not saying this will happen but you never know!
alexr23 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-15)
Just an opinion, I'm sure someone who knows better may correct me... But personally, id run the recorder. See what I could find.

But afterwards, make it quite clear that you want whatever it is to leave you alone. Tell it exactly that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: