You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow In The Backyard

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow In The Backyard

 

This experience of mine happened in 2005 between March to May in our house. First I need to describe the set-up of our house.

Our house is a bungalow-type, has three rooms (1 for me and my brother, 1 for our 2 girl siblings and 1 master's bedroom). Each room has a light bulb outside (the house) and we turned it on every night. Between the boys room and master bedroom is the bathroom. And just right in front of the master's bedroom is our kitchen sink. On the side of it (between the master's bedroom and the kitchen) is a door leading to our so-called "dirty" kitchen (not sure if everyone knows the difference between a kitchen and dirty kitchen) which has a size of approximately a yard and 1/2 wide and 4 to 6 yards long. The dirty kitchen then has 2 gates, one leads to our garage and one to our cemented backyard. Our backyard is where we hung our washed clothes.

It was Thursday when it happened, between 9- 11pm. I arrived home from my job as a service-crew in one of the known fast-food chain in the Philippines I think around 9:15pm. Everybody except my step-mom was already asleep. My brother was working in another town and he only stayed at the weekend. My father on the other hand was working abroad that time.

My step-mom was folding and pressing our dried clothes. After approaching her and doing the "mano po" gesture (sign of our respect to elders of your clan), I immediately proceeded to my room, changed my clothes, then went to the garage to wash my uniform (yes, our washing machine is in our garage). After washing it, I preceded to our backyard to hang-dry my uniform using the dirty kitchen as passage. It was a humid night. After doing my stuffs I closed the gates and made sure both were locked. My step-mom was not done with what she's doing (9:40PM I guess). I decided to go to my room and prepare my things for the next duty.

I think I spent 20mins fixing my stuff before going to sleep. I turned off the light in my room and started relaxing myself. My room by the way has 2 adjacent windows. One window is facing our backyard and the light bulb outside our room is placed on that side as well. I then suddenly felt so I looked for my blanket. My eyes then caught a shadow of a woman outside, wearing a duster. She passed-by so quickly. I thought it was my step-mom so I ignored it again. The cold and eeriness was surrounding my room which made me feel the need to pee. Although I was so sleepy, I still got up to use the bathroom.

I noticed that my step-mom just finished her stuff. To confirm that it was her in the backyard, I asked her "Nagpunta ba kayo sa likod kanina para ayusin ang nilabhan ko?" (Have you been to the backyard to check my washed clothes?). She replied, "Hindi, di ba ikaw nga yung huling nagpunta dun at nagkandado ng gate." (No, I thought it was you who went there and locked the gates, right?). Puzzled and confused with her reply I said, "Talaga po? E sino kaya yung nakita ko kanina? Hay, hayaan ko na nga." (Really? Then who's that person I saw then? Nah, never mind.)...I'm sleepy at that moment so I just went to my room and nailed myself to bed and fall asleep.

I woke up the day after around 8:30AM. I tried to think and figure out the scenarios that night. Then all of a sudden, I finally felt the GOOSEBUMPS after realizing it was not just an ordinary shadow of someone in our house but a shadow of someone's soul. Geez!

When I shared it with my co-service crews, instead of being afraid, they all laughed at it and even teased me on that event. Currently, I'm working here in the Metro for 5 long years and went home every other week. Maybe that's the reason why I have not seen that shadow again.

Thanks for reading my story. I will share my other experiences next time regarding the story of us (my friends) who attempted to do astral projection and how to open the third eye using the so-called "Red Book" as our guide... Not too scary but I may say it's quite adventurous and exciting.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RaMeLiBa_0719, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bettinawesome (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
generalchaos, the dirty kitchen is where you cook daily, and the kitchen is where you cook when there is an occasion so as not to keep it dirty. Other people don't even use their kitchen, it just serves as a display of their expensive utensils:)
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
so what IS the difference between a kitchen and a dirty kitchen?
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
That makes more sense, when writing these accounts it can be easy to forget the reader does not know the circumstances of the home. Interesting experience.
RaMeLiBa_0719 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
I must admit it, I'm not a good storyteller... Anyways, thanks to Nysa, here goes the 3 things I forgot to include to my story which makes me conclude it was a ghost...

1st, Our gates creates a screeching sound when we move the lever. If someone from our house open it, I should have heard it. But that night I heard nothing. Meaning, no one from the inside goes outside that night.

2nd, I believed no one can rove around our backyard late that night wearing just a duster (even our neighbors) because our backyard has a 5-6ft high stone wall/fence with barb-wire on top of it. A burglar will? Yes maybe, but a burglar wearing a duster? I don't think so...

3rd, The eeriness I felt that night in my room. The quickness of the shadow that even (by reading my article again, I forgot to include this statement.) I took a quick peek in my window, I didn't saw a person that might have own that shadow. And that's the time I ignored it thinking it was my step-mom (considering I'm sleepy also that time).

Hope the details above will be enough to convince all the readers... Thanks again to Nysa for pointing the missing parts in my story...:D...
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
I was guessing that RaMeLiBa meant ghost, based on the "of someone's soul" part of the description. I was wondering how a living (but unknown) person was ruled out? I could not begin to guess what kind of thing was there based only on the report of seeing someone pass the window & determining that it was not the only known person on the property. I think some more detail would help.
RaMeLiBa_0719 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
Ouch!...disregard my previous comment. Nysa and I thinks it is a ghost of someone.
RaMeLiBa_0719 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
[at] Nysa and KimSouth0: Yes, we're actually on the same page. I just use wrong word... Sorry for the confusion guys...:D
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
I must disagree with Nysa. Shadows are not always ghosts. I believe a ghost to be once human, shadows on the other hand may never have been human. Is thjs what you were refering to?

God Bless!
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-16)
I am a little confused as to how you came to the conclusion that you saw a "shadow of someone's soul," by which I assume you mean ghost?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: