You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandparents Trying To Contact Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Grandparents Trying To Contact Me?

 

This has literally just happened within the last hour, I am currently in an state of emotional wreck as I don't quite know what to make of it all. But I'm sure what I just felt was real. Basically, before my grandparents both died and when I was quite young, they invested some money for me (called premium bonds) about 15 years ago (I am currently nearly 20 years old)

I will point out what I am about to describe has happened twice before. Currently I am going through a bit of a rough time in my life with stress and quite severe depression and other issues with my general health, but that's another story and I won't drag on about that.

This is what happened--

I woke up this morning feeling a bit sick and off color (as usual for me most mornings) but out of the blue for no real reason at all I began to think of my grandparents in a half dream state as I was still waking up. This did not leave my mind and as I was getting up, I heard the postman drop my mail through the letterbox. I opened to find I had won £25 in investment, an investment with bond numbers registered by my Gran about 15 years ago.

For no reason at all I suddenly started crying relentlessly (I rarely cry at all) And I swear I could feel something / someone trying to reassure me and tell me it is ok. I felt compelled to talk out loud and apologize for my life not going as well as I had hoped, but all the time I felt a warmth and the feeling of being comforted by something. I cried for a good half hour and my eyes are still red as I write this. I could really feel something that I can't explain. I have always been cynical towards paranormal / unexplained events and do not (well until today) believe in it one bit. But I feel this is my grandparents trying to help me through a tough time and the letter was a sign that they were still watching over me.

This exact feeling (and letter) has happened twice before in the last 2 years and I felt the same things. I hope someone can help explain this to me and if I am trying to get contacted how would I communicate back?

I feel very awkward writing this, but what I felt wasn't my imagination.

Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, str23, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

str23 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
Hi

Thanks for your replies

I will definatly leave a pencil and paper out the next time I feel anything
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
str23

It reminds me a bit of my mum and the different ways she has made contact with me from the other side. Try the pencil and paper as suggested by Rook.

You could also try a different take. Try holding the pencil and open your mind. Touch the paper with the pencil and just write whatever words come into your mind. Don't think while you are doing it, just allow the pencil to do the work.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
hi there str23 a touching post thanks for sharing
Have to say agree with rook does sound like at least one of your grandparents are visiting you and agree with what he says about the tape player, but will say that whenever you feel the urge to talk to your grandparents then do it.
They will hear you, and if they can will show you in some way that they did, a song they liked plays on the radio, a smell that reminds you of them or like you have already had happen a feeling of them with you.
It is so touching to know that loved ones never truely leave when thay pass over
All the best
Carl
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
You communicate back by not giving up. We've all been where you're at. Relatives continue. When you've done well in your life, (and you shall), then you will have communicated back.
Kat1704 (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
First of all I wouldn't worry. If you are being haunted by your Grandparents least you are in safe hands. If not the ghost seems like a nice one, trying to reassure you.

I wish you luck
Kat 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
str23,

It sounds as if at least one of your Grandparents is watching over you.

As far as communicating with them goes... You did just fine, just talk to them when you feel that presence again. If you wish, have a digital recorder and record the 'conversation'...Say a couple of things, ask a question and then pause for a moment as if someone is replying to you. Once you feel like the conversation is done, stop recording and play it back, you may find that you 'captured' their voice on the recording. Another method is to leave out a sheet of paper and a pencil... Set it down on a table and say something to the effect of...'If you want to tell me something can you please write it down?' Then simply walk away for a few hours, just leave it alone and come back later and see if anything has been written.

You may also want to keep a Journal and record the dates, times and your feelings when these events happen. It may help in the long run to see if a message is being given, or if they are just visiting to offer you comfort.

Thank you for sharing this wih us.

Respectfully,

Rook.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: