You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Grandfather's Experience

Real Ghost Stories

A Grandfather's Experience

 

Actually, this story wasn't exactly my experience, but I thought I'd post it up and share it with people. This is my grandfather's experience and he told me all about it. When he was younger, he and my grandmother lived in Nava, Coahuila, Mexico, and he always loved to be around his father or my great-grandfather.

Then one day my great-grandfather died and my grandfather was heartbroken. It was extremely hard for him to have his hero and someone special to him dead, but one day, about six or seven years later, my grandpa was getting ready for bed, taking his pills when he layed down and was about to close his eyes, when he thought he saw something on the window that his bed was right next to. My grandpa opened his eyes alertly and was suprised to find his father's (or my great-grandpa's) face in the window looking at him and smiling as if he were still alive and healthy. Then my great-grandpa opened and closed him mouth as if trying to tell my grandpa something. That's when his face dissapeared and my grandpa saw it one more time another night, in the exact same spot, before never seeing it again. Sometimes my grandpa tells me that when they go to Mexico, he always sleeps in the same spot, and that he would look out the open window (to see if he could see his beloved father's face again) and just stare out and the happy memories of his father would come flooding back to him.

I was touched when my grandpa told me this story. One night when me and my family were staying in that house, I had to take the bed next to the window where my grandpa had seen great-grandpa's face, and I don't think I slept the whole night because I just kept staring out that window hoping to see something. Although I didn't see anything, I got this comforting feeling (and also a tat bit creepy) that someone was watching over me and that someone was next to me, making sure I was safe. Maybe it was my great-grandpa, maybe it was just me or something else. Well, I hope that I could get some opinions from people who will actually take time to read this.

Hoping to get some comments and opinions,

Janice D. and a definite believer in the paranormal

Other hauntings by Janice

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
That is a very touching story? I certainly believe your Grandfather saw his father. I believe he was conveying to him that he was at peace and at rest. It is wonderful that your Grandfather was able to take that message with him.

Gof Bless!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Hey Athena, thanks for the comment and yes I believe that he was telling my grandfather that he's alright and me too, it truly is amazing and whenever I go over there I just go by the window to see if there is any feeling or evidence that my great-grandfather was there, of course there wasn't but thanks for the comment, laters! 😉
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-03)
That's Amazing! If I was to imagine what he was saying through the window it would be something like, "Don't worry now. I will be watching over you!"
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-19)
Hey centercore, I'm very sorry about your grandpa, I really am. I just know that my granpa felt that way when my great- grandfather died, well, thanks so much for the comments, I really appreciate it!!! :-)
CenterCore (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-18)
Sad. I can relate though. I lost my grandpa, and I never even knew him. I always wish I could feel sadder about it but it's tough when I never even met the guy once...
But I think it's nice to think that deceased relatives try to comfort us when we're down.

- Core
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-07)
Hey Ghostgrrl, hey Courtney, thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate it. That story about my grandfather seeing my great- grandfather also touched me dearly, I still sleep in that place when I go to Mexico and I just feel so safe in that spot, I feel comforting and well I don't really know how to explain it. Well Ghostgrrl, welcome to yourghoststories.com, I really hope you post some stories so that I could comment on them, well bye and I also hope you two had a wonderful New Year.
courtney (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-06)
that story touch me. happy new years.
from courtney bye bye
ghostgrrl (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-06)
That made me want to cry that was so sad.I am new and don't have any ghost stories of my own so expect mostly comments from me.Bye and Happy New Year.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-03)
Yup, that's what I think also. Hey I hope you had a Happy new year and thanx very much for the comment.- Janice
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-03)
I believe that sometimes our loved ones come back to let us know that they are okay and to try and ease our pain some. Maybe that was what your great grandpa was doing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: