You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Since I Was A Young Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Since I Was A Young Girl

 

Ever since I can remember, I have never felt safe in my mother's house. It began with paranoia - every time that I was left alone, be it when I was six or sixteen, I could swear that there was someone there, watching me. I could swear that I saw reflections of dark figures behind me whenever I walked past a mirror or a window. Sometimes I used to wake up at night, and see a dark figure in the corner of my room, and then I'd blink and it would be gone.

When I was eight, I got too scared to leave my room at night and started peeing in an old drinks bottle or making a habit of staying up really late just so that I could go to the toilet just before my parents went to sleep and turned the lights out.

I got really interested in the paranormal when I turned twelve years old and strange things started to happen. My belongings would disappear, like pens when I put them down for a second even though I was still using them. I'd search top to bottom and wouldn't find them until the next day where they'd be in a weird place like on the coffee table in the living room. I'd ask my parents, but they wouldn't remember ever seeing it or using it.

I started having strange dreams about being chased by black shadowy figures and then flying down the stairs to get away from them - occasionally I woke up at the bottom of the stairs. Then when I'd go downstairs, I'd feel a kind of pressure on my back - like something wanted to me to fall or fly (like in my dream) but I don't know what it was. Sometimes I'd feel like I was being chased whilst going UP the stairs and would feel so terrified that I'd just run and then I'd get upstairs and have no idea what I was running from.

I'm seventeen now, and I moved out of my parents' house to live with my boyfriend four months ago. The feelings stopped and my paranoia and terror disappeared but in the last two months it has come back as bad as ever. If I'm awake at night and I need to go to the toilet I have to ask my boyfriend (Luke) to escort me as I'm too scared to go alone.

I need to know what to do. I've spoken to my doctors and haven't been diagnosed with any mental health conditions - they think I just have an overactive imagination. I have contemplated using an Ouija board or an Angel board to try and communicate with the presence that I've been feeling but I'm too afraid. What should I do? I want to know what is going on because it is affecting my life in a truly negative way.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sunni_gummi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SoraMcdermett (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
😐 Do not put holy water around your house, it will go away for an amount of time, but it will come back really pissed off. Ware a cross, keep a bible beside your bed, try to push your self to overcome your fear by going to the bathroom by your self. Dont stand up to it unless you are shore of what it is, if its a ghost then you should stand up to it, if its somthing els don't stand up to it. If it has not hurt you then I'm guessing its not a demon of some sort- contact me if gets worse, I will try my best to anser Q and help -----> G2LoveFurrys [at] yahoo.com

😁 I hope doe the best
- Sora
reptilian (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
Whether it is real or not the answer is still the same. You need to surrender to your fear, let it take you. When you have the courage to walk in the places you find terrifying, when you stand there and say "here I am, come and get me" then you will get over your fear, regardless of whether it's a spirit or your imagination. You will not be harmed if you accept divine vulnerability.
Versus (7 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
Don't use the ouija board or anything like it. I've seen shadowy figures from a young age as well and that's definitely not the route you should take. It could be imagination, but your story is extremely common so it's likely not your imagination.
ClooX (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
It could of been your imagination, I get a bit overboard with things... But then again, none of us which are commenting know what you have gone through or are going through. Just don't think about anything paranormal and I'm sure nothing weird will happen 😕
Mercury93 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
I think it may be your imagination, because your having a recurring dream and thinking about it too much may affect your mental stability. You have this dream, you're intrigued by the paranormal, and you see things. It could be your imagination, but doubtly it may not be.

If you really want to know if something is haunting you or after you, do not use the boards. I suggest to go to a qualified psychic or someone who knows how to feel you aura and help as much as they can.

Good luck,
Mercury
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
IF anything try keeping some Cold Iron on or around your person:

Cold iron is a poetic and archaic term for iron, referring to the fact that it feels cold to the touch. In modern usage the term has been most associated with folkloric beliefs that iron could ward off ghosts, fairies, witches, and/or other malevolent supernatural creatures.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore#Cold_iron
sunni_gummi (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
Thank you for commenting. I am not offended in any way I just feel that it is affecting me so much it cannot be possble that it is only my imagination, if that makes sense? Of course, the human mind is an amazing thing.
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
I agree with the overactive imagination.
Please don't feel offended about this but I think it's all in your head. Don't convince yourself that it's there and I suggest not to use the boards.
Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: