You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: White Man In The Bushes

Real Ghost Stories

White Man In The Bushes

 

I encountered this entity quite a few months ago, close to the beginning of the month while walking my dog, but the experience stays fresh in my mind no matter how many days come to pass for it still leaves me uneasy.

It was on a clear night with a full moon that I decided to take my dog on a walk due to not being able to fall back asleep. I pulled on a simple jacket to keep me warm in my shirt and pyjama pants, let my dog out of her kennel to clip on her leash, and left my home quietly as my family slept. It was in the early morning hours that I had woken up, but it wasn't the first time so this was a somewhat normal occurrence for me at that point. I thought that it was just going to be a simple walk down the street to the mailbox and back...Boy, was I wrong.

It was silent as I made my way down our dirt road; not even the birds were making noises in the trees as I walked past and would have normally woken them up. My dog Tess would let out an uneasy whine every now and again, but I just took it as her being the scaredy-dog she was and probably was whining about her own shadow.

As we neared the end of the street, only about ten or so feet away from the mailbox, she suddenly started moving in closer to me and I felt my vision almost... Vibrate as I turned my head due to suddenly feeling like something was pressing down on me while a loud buzzing filled me head. I don't know why, for it was sort of instantaneous with the sudden buzzing and pressure I was feeling in my head, but I glanced to the side and saw something standing in the bushes on the side of the road. It looked like a man, and yet...not. It had no clothes on, and was tall with rather long limbs and sickly white skin that just the sight alone almost made me want to throw up. The thing's face is what scared me the most, I believe, for it had no nose but piercing yellow eyes and a leering grin of a smile on its wide mouth that looked like it almost split from ear to ear, though not quite. Other than these features and its body shape, there was nothing else to identify it as male, not that I really had time to double check as it disappeared and the pressure and buzzing noise went away.

Once it did, I could hear Tess freaking out as she tried to slip out of her leash while backing up and whining loudly, but I quickly turned and ran back home with her following, then running ahead. Once I was home and in my room, I instantly jumped back into bed and pulled the blankets over my head to feel safe again as I realized just how much that thing had scared me.

To this day I don't know what I saw, nor have I seen it again, but thinking back on my experience... I don't think I want to.

Other hauntings by EternalLotus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EternalLotus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-29)
Maybe you caught this 'thing' in the middle of a 'jump' to a different dimension or something (the funky vibrating energy, the partial features). Walked in during a "Beam me up, Scotty" situation maybe.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
I believe spirits can manipulate their own energy according to your "fears"... For instance, if they know you can see them, and if it is a malicious spirit they will often take on a terrifying appearance, like the "huge yellow smile"... As spirits have a way of projecting their own thoughts into the minds of psychics, and if they think "let's go psycho and scary looking" you'll see them as such in your mind's eye.
EternalLotus (8 stories) (10 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
Nysa: I'm not sure if it had a physical body or not, but it actually seemed pretty solid for the instant it was there. There wasn't any trace that anything had been there when I went back the next day with my brother to look, and yes, there are other houses in the area. Quite a few yards from that particular spot, there's an old home that's been boarded up at the doors and windows since we moved here. I don't know much about it.

Moongrim: That's an interesting possibility, but I used the word 'vibrate' because there's no other way I felt I could describe the feeling. It was like there was a shaking in my head, and my eyes felt that they were moving back and forth quickly and couldn't focus until I looked at the thing right before it vanished.

BlueTurtle: I've thought of it being a hallucination, which I've had before, but I had actually gotten a few hours of sleep and found I only reach the point of hallucinating after a few days void of sleep. There wasn't anything the moonlight could have been reflecting off of, either.
It being a passing spirit wouldn't surprise me, though; we actually get a lot of them where we live, and quite the variety. I was doing a session with my pendulum when I was interrupted by something that claimed it was a succubus that communicated with me through the pendulum for a few minutes before going on its way.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
I don't know about infrasonics; the first thing I thought of was extraterrestrial, but I know that's a far stretch, despite the evidence (based on how you described the being).
I'm not sure what it was that you saw, and it's very disturbing that you were able to distinguish features on it while the rest of its body seemed vague.
The only things I can offer up are that it was a passing spirit, mischevious if anything, or perhaps just a slight hallucination, since it was late at night. You mention there was a full moon. Is there a chance that the moonlight reflected off of something?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
Infrasonics...

Research by Vic Tandy, a lecturer at Coventry University, suggested that an infrasonic signal of 19 Hz might be responsible for some ghost sightings. Tandy was working late one night alone in a supposedly haunted laboratory at Warwick, when he felt very anxious and could detect a grey blob out of the corner of his eye. When Tandy turned to face the grey blob, there was nothing.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound

IT's a possibility. You did say your head and eyes...vibrated? And it's something that animals experience too.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
You mention the look of it's skin, do you believe that it had a physical body? It was not insubstantial like a "typical" ghost? Also, when it disappeared was it just suddenly not there? Was there any trace that it had been there? One last question; are there other houses in the area?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: