You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Maybe It's Just My Grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

Maybe It's Just My Grandfather

 

Few years ago, my grandfather died (my father's father) because of sickness. My aunts and uncles went home (brothers and sisters of my father) so as other relatives, friends and neighbours to attend his wake. His remains were placed in a coffin and stayed in the house for few days. My father was looking at him and was on the verge of tears but before he released his feelings, he went outside to the comfort room. I followed him as I understood what he felt and planned to comfort him. Right before he opened the door, I sat on a stone few inches from him then he turned on the light which is outside the comfort room. When he opened the door, I saw my grandfather and I'm sure my father saw him too because he reacted violently. He shouted and went on like a rampage. My aunts and uncles stopped him. He then told them that he saw my grandfather and reacted that way because of shock and couldn't explain what he saw. He reacted that way because my father and grandfather don't get along with each other. My aunt said my father was lazy and hard-headed (characteristics that I inherited) but even so, he loved my grandfather that he was always there when my grandfather needed medical help.

Later, when we were having dinner, my cousin, 7 years younger than me (I was 11 years old that time) was staring at the pigpens. His father distracted him and asked him what's wrong, he pointed out and said my grandfather was washing and cleaning the pigpens. My aunt told him to leave our grandfather alone because that's what he always do when he was still alive. The next day, my younger sister suddenly got a high fever. The priest leading a prayer daily said we must offer prayers to our grandfather because of his loneliness being alone he wanted someone to be with him. Luckily, with the help of medicines and prayers, my sister recovered the next day.

After my grandfather was buried, everything went back to the way it was. My aunt who was with us before my grandfather died transferred to Colorado with her husband so her bedroom became mine. I transferred all my stuff and changed the room into a "boy's room".

One night, dinner time, I was listening music with my radio then my cousin called me to eat dinner together with everyone in the house so I turned off my radio and went downstairs to the dining table (right below my room is the dining room). While we were eating, we kept talking and teasing one another then suddenly the radio went on with a loud volume. Loud enough that everyone heard it and all of us was at the table that time. We were shocked for a moment then the ones younger than me started shouting and crying. My uncle calmed them then went upstairs to turn the radio off. After that, everyone kept quiet and continued eating. I was scared of what happened so I decided to sleep in the living room later that night and begged my cousin to sleep with me. He agreed so we moved some of the couches on one corner beside the television. While we were sleeping (I don't know what time was it but I'm sure it was really late), my cousin woke me up who was beside me. He told me there was someone sitting down at the couch next to the door. I don't know what pushed me but I got up and looked at the couch. My head grew big to what I saw. It was a human form sitting down but all black. Even if the lights were off, the light upstairs is enough to give us light and enough to see that there's someone really sitting down. I can't say it's a shadow because it's kind of something that has weight but as we see that it's all black, both of us covered ourselves with the blanket and prayed. We didn't care if it looked gay but we were really close to each other. Then the next thing is we woke up because of the sun rays on our face. I told my aunt who is so religious about what happened and she said that it may be our grandfather and the best thing we can do is offer him prayers.

Years later after that, my aunts and uncles decided to renovate the house and turn it into a house that no one will ever compliment it as a "haunted house" again. Even if everybody is busy helping with the renovation, until now, we still go to our grandfather's grave every Saturday and have an extra plate with food every meal as belief that he's still with us.

I hope I didn't bore you about my 3rd experience. If ever you want me to describe our house, it's on my first story. I didn't bother typing it here because you'll just get bored.

Thank you again for giving me a chance to share one of my experiences. There's still many to share but this was a long one so I'll do it next time, if granted.

Other hauntings by MuFox

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MuFox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lesila0914 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-06)
Nice story, and I like the way your family makes an extra plate for grandpa because it seems like he visits his family sometimes. Even though he can't eat the food I'm sure he appreciates the gesture and acknowledgement! 😊
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-05)
Nice story! I can relate 'cause I'm a Filipino.:-) Regards.
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-30)
preparing an extra food in your grandfather's "grave" as you all believe that he's still there? Okay. That's just weird. Well anyway, nice story!:) God bless.
Passive_Way_of_Life (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Hmm, that's quite a story! Has the food on the extra plate ever 'disappeared?' 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: