You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Childhood Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Childhood Haunting

 

I feel I should give you the background on my home first. The house is about 117 years old and I have lived in it my entire life. I would say the haunting started when I was about three years old. My mother told my I had an irrational fear of being alone upstairs and some times even being up stairs at all! When I was about 5, I remember things started to go missing and then turn up again in peculiar places. One incident, my mother had a jar of money that had vanished and a day later I found it in my doll house, I had no idea how it got there. Along with things being misplaced, we heard disembodied voices, people whispering and my mother on several occasions came to my comfort because she heard a child crying and assumed it was me, when in fact it was not.

When I finally got my own room I was moved into what I now call "the nightmare room". I called it this because as the night went on and I stayed in this room, I started to develop a severe case of night terrors. Every night, I would wake up screaming from graphic gory dreams. I never watched horror movies as a child so when I described the dreams in such detail to my mother, she was shocked. Eventually I was moved from the room and slowly the night terrors stopped but I kid you not, to this day, I sleep with a blanket over my head.

I think the absolute scariest thing though was when I was about 8, there had not been much activity in a while. I was sound asleep when I felt the sensation of almost like someone gently tapping on my calf to get my attention. Well it was enough to get my attention, I opened my eyes and I saw a full body apparition of a young man by the end of my bed, I was so shocked I just screamed at the top of my lungs, and just like that, it was gone never to show itself to me again.

As I got older the activity slowed down, and now at the age of 20 they are almost never active. I don't know if they are just dormant or maybe they only show themselves to children. I guess I will never know.

On a side note in high school, one of my teacher happened to live in my house when she was young just for a short time. She confirmed that she too had heard things in the house and had small things go missing. Other than that tidbit, I know nothing about the history of my home, although I would love to some day find out.

Other hauntings by fizzylizzie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fizzylizzie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-26)
fizz! Thanks for sharing I had same stuff happen when I was little & now that I'm OLD lol! I still deal with things. You may not even ever get this message but I do believe you!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-22)
I just read your story. Thank you for sharing with us.

I think that children are sometimes more opern to activbity as they have not yet been jaded by the world.

It sounds as if there was definitely activity in the home. Are there still any experiences occuring? Where ther traumatic events surrounding the time yiu had the night terrors? Not even so much with horror, just major life changes?> I have found that soemtimes this can brting on the activity as well.

God Bless!
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
hi themymble
yes it does sound pretty similar 😊
and I do still live in the house, although its rare for anything to happen here any more
themymble (2 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
hi,
similar things have happened to me. Actually I came across this page searching for information online about my experiences. I have also had the feeling of someone scratching me (on my arm though) and as a child I would hear voices in my pillow, when I'd pull away they would stop, then start again as I rested my head on it. It would totally freak me out, even today I sleep with cushions instead lol. Recently I've been having more of I wake up during the night and see a dark figure over me, and I try to scream but can't... During this whole time my dog is crying in the room and cowering (and he is not a little scary dog)
I end up falling back asleep even though I am fighting it. This has happened to me throughout my life. Are you still living in the same house where all these things happened to you?
GhostTalker13 (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-04)
good story
occurances happen in my school not house
but they are just like this.
Also, my friend sort of had the same thing with her house too. She just thinks of something else to get rid of the noises.
unguided_traveler (9 stories) (35 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-02)
hey fizzylizzie, your experiences sound a lot like my own. Unfourtunately, whatever is in my room isn't friendly all the time. Or at least, I think it's the same entity doing everything... I don't really know. The most marked incident happened only three nights ago. Since it's summer, I've been staying up a bit longer than usual (though it doesn't really matter when I go to bed, I still can't sleep) and I just laid on top of my bed and lay there, unmoving. It felt good to just lay there, so I did for a while. Just when I started to drift off to sleep, I felt...well, I can best describe the feeling like nails being drug across my legs. I screamed (who wouldn't) and sat upright, looking for my cat. But, lo and behold, my door was shut and the cat was nowhere to be seen in my room. Just to double check, I found him sleeping in the living room... Exactly where he was when I went to my room. I checked my legs and found three distinct scratches that streched all the way across the backs of both calves. So, aside from that one painful encounter, everything has been almost exactly like what you describe.
please read some of my stories, I'd greatly appreciate any advice you may have to give. (all my stories are in the Alaska section!)
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-02)
isn't any one going to read this 😢
I was hoping to speak with others about my experiences

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: