You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Let Him In

Real Ghost Stories

Let Him In

 

"It feeds on energy, particularly negative energy"

This happened a few years back when I was still in high school (2004). I don't have a mobile phone back then so I had the habit of "borrowing" my dad's phone for personal use. As expected, he would always get mad when the time comes he cannot use it because it's nowhere to be found. He's very particular with things getting lost at home because we usually misplace them somewhere else. At this point, he was already on edge with the missing phone.

That night, my parents were supposed to leave the house to go to some party. Unfortunately, he cannot leave without locating the whereabouts of his phone. He was very frustrated at the situation and so he confronted me while I was watching TV with my older sister at the living room. He asked where the phone was. And being the only person he suspects, it should have been with me. I denied the entire accusation of course. I even remembered my mom asking me where the phone was. All I can answer was "I don't have the phone with me".

"Slap"

I've been punched before but this time was different. I started crying because I didn't understand why this was happening. My dad started shouting and holding me by the arm demanding I return the phone to him. I couldn't answer. I was in shock. At that particular moment, I couldn't look him in the eye so I looked at the window instead.

"Papasukin mo ako..." (let me in...)

The noise was drowned-out by a weak voice calling out to me, asking for permission to come in. I could see a faint figure of a man standing outside.

"Papasukin mo ako!" (let me in!)

My sadness and confusion of the entire matter vanished. I was enveloped with so much fear that I turned pale. I was impaled into my position. I couldn't turn away. Gradually, I can sense him getting nearer, as if he was walking towards the window. Everything seemed to move sluggish. I felt my heart beat immensely. As he was literally outside our window, he slowly grabbed one of the railings. I couldn't catch my breath, I wanted to scream. I couldn't believe that this was happening.

"Slap"

I immediately woke up from the trance. This time it was my older sister who slapped me. She asked "Okay ka lang ba? Bigla ka na lang natulala at namumutla?" (Are you okay? You suddenly froze and turned white?) They were looking at me. Although I wanted to cry, I just kept still. Not knowing with what happened to me, my dad kept on insisting.

At that moment, I heard my younger sister rushing downstairs calling out "Nasa aking yung cellphone. Hiniram ko!" (I have the mobile phone with me, I borrowed it!) She gave the phone to my dad. There was a long awkward moment that followed. However, my parents left without even saying a word.

After the incident, we continued watching TV pretending nothing really happened. Along with my sisters, we talked about the outburst, but I preferred not talking about it. We ended the topic then and there. But I kept a grudge against my dad. I was really bitter and sour about the entire thing.

A few days had passed and I haven't talked to both of my parents nor have they initiated any conversation with me. I just don't want to talk to them, I was still harboring grudge especially to my dad.

It was a boring night so we decided to share ghost stories upstairs. It was my brother's turn to tell a scary story.

"Ito kelan lang ito nangyari" (this only happened recently) During the night of the confrontation with my dad, he was upstairs in his room listening to the cd player. All of a sudden, the CD started skipping a track so he decided to abandon the idea. He heard a man's voice outside our house calling out my name. He looked outside to see and instead, saw a shadow of a man, moving towards the window of the living room. According to him, the shadow disappeared as it reached the window, as if it entered the house somehow.

We all felt uneasy after hearing the story, the atmosphere dropped and it felt cold. My siblings were afraid because the entity might have been attracted with all the negative energy. I wanted to tell them about what I saw, but I couldn't. Because at that very moment, I saw him once again, only this time around, he had both of his hands holding on to the railings of the window.

To be continued...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jp_12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ghostbuscus (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-16)
I hope that your family was normal again. I feel sorry for you because you experienced this kind of abuse but I'm sure your father loves you more than the cellphone... Maybe the only thing to draw that entity away is to forget all those negative experiences you had and instead, bond with your family more often 😊

Such a nice story! Thank you for sharing it to us...
The only thing in my mind is what entity did you just encountered?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
jp,

Ladydarke is correct 'like attracts like' or as she stated "negativity draws negativity".

This is one of those cases where I wish I was more familiar with Local Customs and Folklore.

Thank you for sharing this with us, please continue I for one will do my best to offer support and aid during this difficult time.

A couple of questions however... One of these should be kind of easy to answer the other... Not so much.

First: What kind of Folklore is there about spirits that ask for that kind of access?

Next (the hard one) I know there was a lot happening when you saw this 'spirit'. Alot of emotions running very high, but did this spirit give you any sort of 'feeling' either it's intent or just an overall 'vibe' from it?

Please keep us updated, I do hope we can read Part 2 soon.

Respectfully,

Rook
UntilDark (1 stories) (24 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
It must have been so frightening to hear that 'Let me in'. I'm very fascinated by this account. I really love your story. Eagerly looking forward for Part II. Thanks for sharing! 😊
ladydarke (113 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-20)
Hi jp,

I agree with your conclusion that negativity draws negativity. I liked your story; it was engrossing and well-written; I've been a member here for years and I've read tons of stories, but yours is the first I've ever commented on.

I'm sorry you had to go through the experience in your story, and I commend your bravery in talking about it. Here you have this weird occurrence but, to tell it, you also have to reveal the abuse happening around it. That's a lot harder than telling a ghost story, and a heck of a lot scarier than any haunting. I wanted to start by saying that your father had no right to hit you. He was wrong. It wasn't your fault; it is _never_ the child's fault. I hope that was the only time he hit you; in my experience, commonplace abuse isn't remarkable to family witnesses, ie, it is not remarked on. That your siblings were actually talking about it makes me hope that this was uncommon in your house and in your life. Regardless, even once is too much. That your parents didn't want to talk about it later is also pretty typical; it's a lot easier to ignore one's mistakes than it is to accept, internalize, and face them. I wish they had found the courage to speak to you about it, to acknowledge the wrongdoing and apologize; it would have given you closure.

I grew up in a house full of violence and a malevolent spirit. It's hard to say where one stops and the other begins; perhaps they begin to feed each other. Maybe all the anger pouring out of your father called this dark entity, or maybe the entity was in the vicinity and its presence increased the anger in your father. Either way, your father at some point gave himself permission to vent his frustration through physical aggression; the responsibility is his, and human.

That your brother saw the same thing does seem to indicate that it was a very strong manifestation, essentially a full-body apparition. It seems there was plenty of anger radiating off your father and fear from yourself and the witnesses that it had plenty of energy to draw from. The electrical interference your brother had with his cd sounds like it might have stemmed from the entity too. There's a pattern of ghost hunters reporting drained batteries when it seems spirits are trying to grab enough energy to communicate, and since the plugged-in TV wasn't affected, I wonder if your brother was using a battery-powered cd player? Maybe a walkman with headphones? I guess the important thing to focus on is that the thing had no power or strength at all of its own; it could only borrow from you and your family in various ways. Kind of like stealing your cable. 😜 The corollary is that you can cut it off as soon as you're aware it's there.

Your brother said he thought it looked like the entity entered the house, but that seems unlikely. It had to ask permission to get in, which you didn't give; no entrance for Mr. Beastie. And you later saw it still outside, begging at the window bars; if it had got in that night, it could have again.

I'm really glad that you didn't give it permission. I'm sure it was asking for an invitation into your life, not just into your house, and who knows what mischief might have resulted.

I trust that, seven years later, you're out of that house and that whole negative situation. I hope your relationship with your parents has improved, and that you've been able to surround yourself with good people. Just as negative attracts negative, the opposite is true; light attracts light. Positive thoughts, positive hopes, positive people; these too bring like energy into your life.

Cheers and good luck to you. Looking forward to Part II.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: