You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandma Warned Me

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma Warned Me

 

I typed this as soon as I got the chance, so that I wouldn't forget the details. In previous stories, I mentioned that I got the same gift as my mother and grandmother. I'm able to sense the paranormal though my other senses and most of the time when I'm in a relaxed state like when I'm sleeping or about to get there.

Anyway, this happened in the early morning on Thursday, November 17, 2011. The previous night, I did the usually routine after coming home from the gym; wash up, have dinner, watch a movie (Tamil soap opera), and go to sleep for work the next day. Around 2:30 am, while sleeping I could sense this feeling of fog forming around me.

Out of the fog came my grandmother and beside her was a shadow of a small child but I couldn't see who it was. I couldn't tell its gender or how it looked like. My grandmother told me that he was in trouble and I needed help him. I was really confused because although at this point I knew it was a boy, I didn't know who it was. At this point, I woke up with a pain in my stomach; it felt like someone sucker punched me in the stomach (which is not a good feeling).

I woke up groaning and I tried getting out of bed so that I could go to the washroom but it felt like there was a big fog around me. I ended calling my mom and telling her about my grandma. My mom made me some chai tea and made me go back to bed. But as I fell asleep, I couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to happen; it was so intense.

When I got up to get ready for work, I could still feel my grandmas presence and I could see and feel her telling me to help him. After getting ready, I called up any family member that had small children (cousins, nieces, nephews, anybody). I think many thought I lost it when I called them so early in the morning but I couldn't just shake off that feeling that something bad was going to happened. I even called up two of my best friends that had children and they told me that the kids were asleep but I made them get out of bed to check on them and they were okay. Thinking that I was seriously losing it, I grabbed my coffee and bagel from Tim Horton's and when to work.

About an hour after I started work (around 9:30 am), I get a call my friend, Diana's son's daycare. Josh had stopped breathing and they had taken him to Toronto Sick Kids. Diana had put me as an emergency contact for Josh and when the daycare couldn't reach Diana, they called me. I nearly had a heart attack. This morning one of the people I called was Diana and she said that Josh was okay.

I seriously do not how I got the hospital; it was all a blur and I probably broke a few traffic laws getting there. The only thing that I remember doing was trying to get in contact with Diana. After a few tries, I was able to get in contact with Diana. Diana is an event planner and she was in a meeting when the daycare called and she had her phone on silent. I finally got through to her and told her to get to the hospital ASAP and that Josh was there. Thinking back, I should have gone to pick Diana up first but all my thoughts were with Josh. I also called Brian (Diana's boyfriend) and let him know what was happening. Since Brian worked in the downtown area, he got there before Diana and me.

Diana and I are the best of friends since the third grade. We went to school together and we were attached at the hips. Diana's big brother was finished law school and was settled in Michigan with his wife and kids and around the same time Diana graduated from high school, her father got a job with the City of Sarnia in Sarnia, Ontario. Diana's parents decided to relocate to Sarnia but Diana didn't want to follow them there as she got accepted to the University of Toronto. Since the house that Diana and her family were living in was fully paid off, it was decided that Diana would move into the master bedroom and rent out the other rooms to get some money in. We went to school and life moved on.

Diana met who she thought was the love of her life at the university. Kevin was an accounting student, two years her senior. He was a handsome guy but I didn't like him, he sent out really bad vibes and I told Diana as much. But like people who are in love could attest to, Diana was blinded by the love she had for him and couldn't see pass his outer charm.

After both graduated, they got married. This is where the problems started. Diana wanted to start a family right away and have as many kids as possible. But, as you guessed, Kevin didn't want to start a family. His explanation was that he wanted both of them in a good working position when they had kids. It was okay with Diana in the beginning but in the back of her mind, she wanted kids really bad. One day, Diana got pregnant and she was really happy. But Kevin wasn't and he wanted Diana to get an abortion.

Being Catholic, she was against abortion and Kevin knew that, so he said that she could also give the child up for adoption. Being Diana, she refused because she always wanted a child. Kevin made her choose between him and the child and Diana choose the child. They got a divorce and Kevin being who he is decided that he should pay child support as that child was his because he always wore protection. A DNA test was done after Josh was born and as you guess Kevin wasn't too happy when the judge told him that he had to pay child support.

Diana and Brain met last year when Diana planned Brain's sister's wedding. They hit it off right away but Diana still had her old wounds but Brain's love won her over. They plan on getting married next year with Josh being the ring bearer. Also, Brain has decided to adopt Josh as his child. To Josh, Brain is the only father he has known because although Kevin has to pay child support by law, he made it clear that he didn't want anything to do with Josh.

Back to the story, Josh was taken to the hospital because he stopped breathing at the daycare. This is one of the symptoms of having a hole in the heart. Josh was born with a hole in his heart and at the age of two has had five surgeries to fix his heart. Doctors were able to stabilize him and get him to breathe again.

I ended up calling Diana's parents in Sarnia and picking them up at the airport so that Diana and Brain could be at the airport. Diana's parents wanted to know if Kevin was contacted but nobody made the call but Diana's mom said that it wasn't right not to call. I still had Kevin's number so I called on the drive back to the hospital. Just as I guessed, Kevin told me not to call him and that it was already bad enough that he had to pay child support but he didn't want to deal with some stupid sick kid and that he hoped Josh died just so Diana could be miserable. In no certain terms, I told him what I thought of him and also told him that Josh was God's gift to Diana and that He wouldn't take him away from her.

As of Saturday, Josh has been stabilized and doctors are hoping to do one last operation to fully close the hole in his heart. After hearing the doctor speak, I felt this overpowering peace run though my body and felt that it was a sign from my grandma that everything was going to be okay. I told Diana and her family as much.

UPDATE: Josh had his surgery last night (Sunday) and it turned out well. He is still in the hospital but doctors say that he is making a speedy recovery and should be home to open Christmas presents.

Other hauntings by geetha50

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, geetha50, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
Javelina,
First of all thank you for the comment! I could say the same thing about you; you have a way of making people laugh (at least me). Josh is a strong little guy (just like his mother). Josh had his last (hopefully) operation on Sunday afternoon. The doctors said that Josh is making a speedy recovery and that they were letting him come home this coming Sunday. We are going to have a welcome home party this week. After that, the doctors are going to check on him every couple weeks for a year to monitor his heart.

I know you and everyone on this site would have loved my grandmother. If you came to visit while my grandmother was there, she would make sure that by the time you left, you would be stuffed full. 😊 There are days like this that I miss her badly. 😢
But I know she is in a better place.

Oh, I felt great after punching Kevin; even with my broken fingers going numb on me. One of the reasons why I posted this story was not only because it was paranormal but to let people know to watch out for people like Kevin. They talk all bad a$$ and they suck in but in the end they dumb you like yesterday's leftover when they find someone new.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-25)
Holy crap geetha!
I felt like I was in the back seat, sliding from one side of the car to the other each time you came to a turn in the road! Whew!
First off... How is Josh doing now? My prayers are with him hun.
Second, I wish I could have met your grandmother. I'm getting to love her more each time you bring her up.
Third, BROKE HIS NOSE? Good gravy woman, reading that sentence put the biggest smile on my face! I still have the giggles over it. Yep, that one is going to last the whole day through.
Thank you for letting us in on this one geetha, each new experience you bring to the floor gives us a closer look into the fabulous person you are. ❤

Jav 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
Thank you Carl for the comment!
Yeah that day was just a whirlwind. It felt like everyone was in a cloud. Plus, I would do everything for Diana. We grew up together and she was the rare constant in my life other then family when I was fighting my own demons; she supported me in no way words can describe.

The downside is the fact that I couldn't have got to Josh fast enough.

About me breaking Kevin's nose, it felt great to finally let know how much I hated him (and it takes me a lot to hate someone). The only downside about that is that I broke my middle and index fingers but it was worth it. 😆
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
geetha great post thanks for sharing this 😊
Glad to hear josh is doing well, and that you were able to help just like your grandma wanted you to.
We all could do with a friend like you, willing to do all the running around, fetching parents from airports, being there when needed and giving annoying ex's a well deserved broken nose for being such a stupid A~hole!
But as you say without the idiotic A~hole your friend would not have josh in the first place so he did get one thing right at least.
Carl
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Nice geetha! You go girl. He definitely deserved it. 😁 It's amazing how he could be so low to say that Josh wasnt' his son. What a slime ball.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Tell me about. I already gave him a head start. When Diana and Kevin were going though the divorce he said that Josh wasn't even his kid. After the court, I went to him and gave him a pretty good broken nose.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
geetha: This is such an amazing experience. You really do have a special gift, and I am so happy that you were able to get to Josh and that he is going to be good as new. Words can not describe what I think of that Kevin, but I know once the karma trains pulls into his station it's going to be one hell of a bumpy ride. Thanks for sharing this with us. 😊 ❤
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Moongrim,
I guess it's to balance out the universe?!?! I don't know but the only good thing he did was help produce Josh because he is the sweetest little boy ever.

Darkness and clever210,
Thank you for your comments. I'm coming to terms with the gift but it's not always fun to have. That day I was driving myself crazy with worry about which child I knew was sick and who needed the help. I felt like I had a heart attack when the daycare called. But in a way it was good that they called me instead of Diana because her reaction would have been worse.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Wow, what a wonderful gift you have! Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope his recovery goes smoothly.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
geetha50: Lovely account friend, I'm glad Josh has made a great recovery I hope things go well for him and the family for the future.
That is some mighty fine work on you and your Grandmother's behalf, you have a great gift. All the best to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Gadzooks. IT seems that Kevin is far far less mature than the child he sired. Why on earth do the powers that be allow idiots like that to reproduce?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: