You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Finley's Bar And Grill

Real Ghost Stories

Finley's Bar And Grill

 

Whispers you can hear without a recorder. Fast moving shadows. Pots thrown. Numerous voices captured on audio from whispers, to radio type sounds, electronic voices and a human voice of a child. Smoke and smell of fire where there is none, during our investigation Finleys Bar offers. Not sure of the cost because my boyfriend paid for the non-refundable tickets.

Friends told us about their experiences on Finleys ghost tour so we chose the investigation hoping we would experience more. We did. It was amazing. The docents Lisa and Brian answered all our questions and as long as we didn't provoke we could use all of our equipment.

Upon entering the cottage it was ice cold like being under water in a lake type of cold. The back bedroom felt unwelcoming and made me uncomfortable, nauseated and dizzy. I don't know what that was about. Lisa used a laser grid which we saw blocked as though something walked by while we were asking questions. Really bizarre was hearing the blinds moving right when we turned our back.

The bar is a little creepy and while we ate before the tour started my hair was pulled which startled me. My boyfriend felt a freezing cold over his legs which I didn't at first then I too experienced it just before my hair was pulled.

We are going back after the first of the year. We drove down from Inveness which is two and a half hour ride but it was worth it-ready to do it again.

The place is called Finleys Bar and Grill10477 S Airport Way

Manteca, CA 95336

(209) 983-9493

A way cool place and worth the drive.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, salome, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
[at] salome,
I have also heard of this place, and no, it isn't part of a chain. Thelastresort got it right, it's on that road between Manteca and Stockton.
I've worked in a haunted restaurant and it can be unnerving, but it is definitely interesting. And sometimes fun.
I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. And thank you for sharing. 😊

Jav
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
There are such things as haunted bars. My favorite saloon is famous in it's community for being haunted by its previous owner. It's nothing bad, just stuff to scare the living daylights out of most people. Bathroom stall doors slamming shut by themselves, things disappering and stuff like that.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
Once you get into historical research, it can be very rewarding and very addictive. It would be especially fun when you are researching the history of an alleged haunt. Fellow poster LouSlips has done a masterful job of this with his Jacob post.
thelastresort (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
Hey I know this place! I'm pretty sure it's on some country road in between Manteca and Stockton, right? My husband and his family have lived in Manteca always so I asked about it. It wasn't always called Finley's. If this is the same place it was built around 1903 and owned by some guy called Frank Jacks. It was a bar and card room. It's also been a gas station with a store. Pretty confident it's not a chain after driving by. Cool what you can find out from locals. So being on a roll I got on ancestry (a little obsessive I know) very interesting stuff. I think I know the Lisa and Brian you talked about so of coarse got on FB and did more research. Joined Brian's group and am going to see for myself in December! I'm stoked! Keep you posted thanks Salome!
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
A heckuva lot of bars claim to have ghosts. Marketing ploy or the real thing?

But the first paragraph does read like some sort of commercial.
salome (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
I don't know of any other Finleys bar and grill. This is a small privately owned business. I went there because I heard good things about it from friends as well as saw it on A & E My Ghost Story. I would think if I wrote a blog for a commercial it would talk about their food or alcoholic beverages. I enjoy writing on b & b's, restaurants, etc and found this to be so much fun I wanted to share with others who enjoy the paranormal.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
I don't get it. Is this advertisement? There are a lot of Finley's Bar and Grills, its a chain. Unless this is a private place with the same name? Anyway, I don't recall one ever being known for being haunted. This is written like a commercial. I want some french fries.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: