You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: It Choked Me This Time

Real Ghost Stories

It Choked Me This Time

 

Sorry for being missing for too long and a special apology to my friend Pendragon because I didn't post my sister's experiences (the ones at her school) as I promised to. Don't worry I'll make sure I keep my promise. A lot of time passed since, and within that period a lot has happened to me as well. A few paranormal things have happened at home recently, especially to me. It happened quite a while before I get to record this happening here on this page. However, one thing I can remember about it. But in this submission, I'm only going to write about only one of those experiences.

It was on a weekday, because my other siblings were at school. My parents woke me up that morning, it was around 7 a.m. I think. I was pretty sleepy but I got up anyhow, and joined my parents to watch the television together with them. When the show was over after a couple of hours, my parents went to their bedroom, living me alone. I was lying on the couch when they left. I was still drowsy (probably from staying up late the night before, watching my favourite show) and decided to nap there. I closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep. I was just half asleep because I could still hear my parents talking in their bedroom. I wasn't thinking of anything, nor was I dreaming, I am sure of that to this day. While I was just enjoying lying on the couch with my eyes closed. Suddenly I felt someone (or something) press my neck. It's not that I couldn't breathe or anything, it wasn't like it was pressing my windpipe. It felt more like something was holding my neck tightly, that I became panicked (who wouldn't?). I started to struggle, but as usual, I couldn't move. I couldn't even open my eyelids. I struggled to speak, trying to ask for God's help. My tongue was numb, I couldn't feel it. But after a few seconds of struggling, I finally managed to get the words out of my mouth, and I could move and open my eyes. The pressure on my neck was gone. But then, I started asking myself, did that really happen? I decided to ignore what happened, and let it off as a vivid dream.

After a few seconds of being awake, I drifted off to sleep again. The same thing happened, no dreams, nothing. That time, I was also half asleep, being able to hear my parents talking in their room. Soon enough, I could feel a pressure on my neck, at the exact same place as before. The whole thing repeated, I couldn't speak, yet I could breathe and couldn't even open my eyes. I did the same thing, asking for God's help to protect me from whatever was harassing me. What happened next was the same as well, I opened my eyes, but this time I started to think that this wasn't a dream. I decided to confirm it. I decided to wait, with my eyes open, if the same thing would occur form the third time. I waited, lying in the couch, alert and ready for anything coming my way. I was even ready if the thing would appear to me in bright daylight. Not long after, I felt my neck being held, in the very same way, and I couldn't move, again. Everything repeated itself, except that for this time I was wide awake, with eyes wide open. However, I saw nothing unusual, only I could feel the pressure on my neck. I repeated my prayer to God and within less than a minute, I slowly became free of that thing. The moment I could move, I sat up on the couch, and thought about what happened. I was VERY sure that I wasn't asleep; I was wide awake and alert. I looked around for a while, and then I walked into my parents' room (the door wasn't close for privacy) and joined my parents for a chat. I told them what happened earlier. My dad seemed sceptical (he has always been), but my mom paid serious attention to me. She believes me (this is one of the best things about my mom) and told me to read verses of the Koran daily to prevent this from repeating.

Whatever it was, I hope it will never do the same thing to my family member.

Other hauntings by -_Syeetaque_-

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, -_Syeetaque_-, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

timothyj68 (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-12-19)
Sleep paralysis. It also happen while your conciousness is at full. The body might have a slight shut off for a while and regain control due to the changes in the heartbeat rate.

But it might also be something else. So many factors have to be taken into consideration such as the natural sleeping position and posture, gravitation, temperature of the body vs surrounding etc.

I noticed that the choking or strangling sensations started after a certain patterns. Hence, I came up with the theorized statements.

GPI Tim.
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-11)
[at] Spirit of the World -

It sounds like you might be having a panic attack. One of the symptoms is a sort of breathlessness. There are medications you can get that will take care of that - look into it. *hang in there*
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
[at] asumimanami: well, yeah... Weird enough because I really didn't feel any thumb in that grip...
asumimanami (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
I have a cousin who experienced the same thing and she's married. She is also a muslim. It happened when she was alone in her room.
When she went to some baba, he told her that it was actually some sort of witch who liked her husband and since she'd married him it was angry.
But don't worry if it is a jin or something it can't kill you because they don't have thumbs. (specifically churail)
SpiritOfTheWorld (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
Something close to that has been happening to me. It started in the 4th grade about 3 three years ago. It was swim class I was ready for class. But I felt like something had a hold of my neck. I could still breathe but only about half of the air I breathe. I was scared so I told the teacher about it. She told me meanly well you should have told your mom that. Now it happens sometimes but I don't say anything I just bear with it until its gone
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
Clear your mind, and just picture a shield around you, whatever your religion is use that as your shield, this will always help you and will always help you find your strength:)

Blessed be! ❤
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
[at] amyx: I mean, try asking for those beings to stop. Show them that you are stronger. That'll help.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
[at] Zan yeah... I believe the same:) When I say ghost, I mean those beings. Well, it's only easier that way since I really want to avoid misunderstandings here, since most of the others here are non-Muslims. We did that few months ago (turned on Quran recitation around the house) when I saw something walk outside the door.

[at] amyx: try asking for that to stop.
Zan31989 (4 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
Ok so your Muslim right but I just wanted to let you know that it's not a ghost that was choking you it was a jinn (devil) cause my whole life I've been living as a Muslim and I really don't believe in ghosts and to let you know just turn on Quran recitation around the house everyday for half an hour and it shall be gone because they really do vanish when they hear Quran and trust me have a strong belief yet I hope after these comment you never see anything or have to go through anything like that agen k xox
amyx (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-24)
This same thing happened to me!
I was laid on the bed watching tv and I just felt this weight asif someone was laid ontop of me... I couldn't move or speak when I tried shouting for help this lasted about 5mins until it finally stopped... It has happened to me lots of times since then...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: