You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Something Was Holding Me Down

Real Ghost Stories

Something Was Holding Me Down

 

At the moment I am having a hard time. I recently moved out of my family home, lost almost all of the members of my family, taking some of my GCSE'S, getting crap from me real dad and my epilepsy is playing up. I am under a lot of pressure as I am having to attend court to convict a member of my family for abusing me. So there is a lot going on.

One night, I decided to tidy my bedroom as it was in such a state. Everything was put away and everything on the top of the dressing table was neatly pushed to the back. So I got into bed as I had school the next day, and I could sense that something was not right. It was as if there was someone in the room with me. But I just ignored it, because at the time, I didn't believe in ghosts. So, I was lying there, and all of a sudden, everything on my dressing table flew off. My first reaction was that my cat was in my room. So I got up to get him out... But he wasn't in there. And there is no way he could have escaped because my door was closed. So I once again put everything that was now on the floor away again. As I got back into bed, the feeling of someone being there was still there. I looked at my ceiling and I thought as if I could see someone looking at me, but I just thought I was hallucinating. So, eventually, I fell asleep.

At about 12.30am, I woke up unable to breathe. It felt as if I was being strangled. I attempted to get up out of bed, but I couldn't. Something was holding me down and my face was getting redder. Eventually, whatever was stopping me from breathing went, and I went to the bathroom to find me neck was bright red. So I went back to bed, covered myself in my bed covers so I was hidden (why that would help me, I don't know) and fell back to sleep.

I woke again at about 2am with my arm aching. I was sore and hurt. So I went to the toilet to pee and noticed I had a hand mark on my arm. When I told my friend about this, he said that you do things to yourself in the night. But this couldn't have been me. The handprint on my arm had nail marks... But I bite my nails?

Last night I felt as if I was being constantly watched over, and as I was just settling down, I heard what sounded like someone stepping on the rubbish bag near my door. Once again, I thought it was just my cat. But my cat wasn't in there? The only explanation I can think of is there is a ghost in my room. For what purpose, I don't know. I just hope its not a bad reason.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, laura-brown, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
I agree with BlueTurtle and Hellhound. Like BlueTurtle, it could be anything natural that could be used for the explanation for example, the stuff that fell off the counter could have had a dominoes affect if a large object fell on another one. There could have been a window open for wind to blow objects off. You said that you bite your nails. There are objects around that could have caused those sketches. These are just some of the logical explanations that I could come with. But then it can be paranormal considering that you are going though some rough time now.

Like Hellhound said, keep a journal with the date, time, and what happened and how you were feeling at that time. It should help you determine if it's the paranormal or not. If not, at least you have a way of getting your stress out.

If it is paranormal, then it is probably caused by the stuff that is going on in your life. My suggestion would be to do a blessing / cleansing. Rook has one on here that works. Also, pray according to your faith. Another thing that can be done would be to do mediation. If you are experiencing negativity from the people around you, then this spirit would feed off that energy. Try to calm down though mediation or an positive creating energy activity. Even if it is determined that there is nothing paranormal, I think you should still do mediation to help you out with your problems (especially, for your illness).

Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers.
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
[at] moravian, I mean no disrespect, but if this is an evil entity she needs to try or research a lot of different things, like people these things are all different in their behavior, personality and beliefs. There are a lot of religions and a lot of different demons associated with them and one religion is nit a sure fire guarantee to bother a certain entity in the slightest.
I do believe the word of god, the bible can help in different cases but people need to keep and open mind and find a way that will work with both themselves as well as the spirit
Kind regards and wish you all the best
Jade
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
I think you are under attack - between all going on in your life and now this direct assault: get a bible, pray for protection at every level, read the Bible. Ask God to station an angel to protect you and rest easy.
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
I agree with blue turtle, it sounds a lot like sleep paralysis. And with the stress you are going through it wouldn't surprise me if you hurt yourself while sleeping. However, if it is a demon or spirit, it is being powered by the stress you are under, keep a journal with all the things that happen and maybe then we will find a pattern. It will help wether its natural or supernatural:)
I really hope things get better for you and I know they will, just keep your head high and everything will be alright:)
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Are you sure this family member did not put a spell on you? Where I comes from, there is people that goes to whitchdoctors (sangomas), who then put a spell on a person. This can be a very serious spell, even a death spell. Did it started to happen after you confronted your family member for abusing you?
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
If it is a ghost, I hate to say it, but it could be being drawn because of all the bad stuff happening.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Possible sleep paralysis, but how does one get scratch marks on one self when one bites one nails?

Ghostie? Definitely a possibility.

Here are a few tips.

Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
Waking up with a breathlessness feeling and pressure sounds a lot like sleep paralysis. Look into that as a possibility. And your epilepsy can be to blame, especially with all the stress you've been feeling lately.
As far as the hand mark, one can be surprised what one can do in the middle of the night. You say you bite your nails, but are they so far down that you would leave no indent at all? Test it on your arm.
I'm sorry that things have been so crappy for you. They will get better soon. 😊
Hopefully, this is a one time thing and it won't happen again. But keep us informed. The items flying off your dresser is certainly curious. But again, let us know.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: