You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Few Spooky Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

A Few Spooky Experiences

 

When my great grandmother was in the hospital dying, her brother passed away. Her siblings didn't want to put her in more pain, so they didn't tell her. They went to say goodbye to her, and when they came, she ignored everyone, except she had a entire conversation with the dead brother. Maybe he was her escort to heaven. I don't know what they were talking about though. This story was told to my mom who told it to me.

Also, me and my mom were going to comfort my friend after her mom's death. My friend told me she was ok, but she wanted her mom to send her some kind of sign that she had a safe journey. Just then, her doorbell and telephone rang. Weird.

One of my grandmother's friends husbands died suddenly. She was so sad. One day she went into his closet and there was no leaks or anything. His favorite outfit was soaking wet, but nothing else was.

My cousin was at summer camp and was having a great time. Her mom told her to save all the letters that she got for scrapbook purposes. So when she got a letter dated july 7th from her grandmother, she thought nothing of it. When she got back her mother said that during camp her grandmother passed away. Then she showed her mother the letter and her mother passed out. The letter was dated the 7th but she died on the 6th. This is what the letter said.

"Dear cassy, having a great time huh pumpkin? I can see that you have made some new friends huh? Hariet seems sweet. I'm in upper US now. My flight left yesterday. I'm watching you in my mind. Don't you forget Mom Mom you hear! I am still with you in spirit. Your momma has some news for you when you get back sweetie! Don't wanna spoil it! Well, I'm wasting your time, xoxo sweetie. I love you to death! Love Mom Mom"

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostbeliever79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

RSeal (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
When I was a young soldier living in the barracks, one of our roomies woke in the middle of the night got out of his bunk. He made a noise and we could tell he was crying. He said he had a dream that his Grand Mother came to him and said goodbye. He said he knew she was dead. We did our best to calm him down and get him back to sleep. A few hours later, a Drill Sergeant came into the barracks, woke our friend up and took him to see the commander. When he got back, he said that a Red Cross message came in to notify him of his Grandmother's death.
knighn (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-03)
i love your story... It touches my heart... He he he...
See yah... Hmuahh...
god bless... 😁 ❤
bossymiss (1 stories) (30 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
wierd you know the door bell and telephone bit well I was home alone with my dad and all of a sudden the telephone rang and door bell did so I got the telephone and I got the telephone and my dad got the door and on the telephone there was nobody there and there was nobody at the door ether and I got the phone quick so they could not of hung up and we were right next to the door so they could not of waled away bye ❤ 😊 😉 comment on my story the four shadows ill write again
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-05)
Wow, those are fascinating accounts.

The grand mother saying good by and letting her loved ones know she is at peace is very touching and a blessing. Many people will never experience that kind of blessing in all of our life time.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-09-27)
Thanks for sharing your story It was a lovely story that was. Once I got drop of water on me twice in my house coming from the ceilings the ceilings weren't wet how strange. 😊 I really enjoyed reading this story.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-04)
Thank you Mary for further sharing your experiences with us. I was just curious as to where Ghostluver heard that if you find coins it means they went to heaven but if you find dollars it means they went to hell. I had never heard that one before and found it an interesting piece of folkloric or fantasy event. Sounds as if you uncle is making sure you all are well taken care of. Thanks again.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-04)
omg. I'm at work and that last one put me in tears. That's beautiful. And so weird.
Unicorn (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
Bellissima, that's really interesting about the coins.
I wonder if it relates at all to the times when coins were placed over the eyes of the deceased for the duel purpose of holding the person's eyes shut and paying the toll to cross the river Styx?

Mary, that note really is kind of creepy. Did you ever see that episode of the Simpsons where they thought Krusty the Clown was dead? On his tombstone, it said, "See you real soon, kids!" ...the note in your story kind of reminded me of that.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
Hi Shane, GhostTalker13 mentions the coins.I've heard and experienced this for a long time.I've never had it happen at the exact moment of someone's death nor have I heard that.It's kind of like your phone ringing and there's an open line, I've had that happen a lot too. In my case it's my brother-in-law and he's just saying 'hi'.He leaves coins all over my house, mostly pennies, but in the weirdest places. For example, we have one of those passage locks on the bathroom door, the kind that when you lock it from the inside (there's no key) you can use a flat edged object to turn the slot on the knob and unlock it. Pennies work perfectly so we always kept a penny on top of the door frame for little emergencies(like 'honey there's no soap in here')The next time you'd look there'd be 3 pennies, then 5, then 9, then all the way across the frame. Next time there'd just be 1 or 2.We also had this little streak of finding jewelry. Within a short period of time(6 or 8 months) I found a heavy Italian gold bracelet, my oldest son found an emerald and diamond ring, my youngest son found a nice man's watch and everywhere my husband went and sat there would be coins left where he had been. You might say the coins fell out of hubby's pockets and maybe so, but it only seemed to happen at home.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
Okay GhostTalker13 I have to ask. Where did you hear something like that at? I am talking about the change and dollar thing. I have to say that has got to be one of the most interesting folkloric events I have heard to date. Also asking a spirit how it died can have a bad effect. Some spirits would rather not be reminded of how they passed. Plus some entities aren't human or of human nature therefore never lived. Not trying to be mean or rude, hope you didn't take it that way.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
GhostTalker13 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-02)
Dear Mary,

Wow, "I love you to death!", kind of creepy don't you say? If you ever had an incounter with a ghost, don't just be frighted or anything, just ask it how it died, it would live you alone. Also, mostly all of theses occurances happened to your friends. If someone dies in there family, tell them look on the floor when they find out, if they find any lose change, that means they are watching for over them from heaven, if you find a dollar, well let's say they are in hell.

Hope You Don't Incounter anything unusal like a spirt ~ Alyssa

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: