You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Angry Old Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Angry Old Man

 

This story first takes place when I was about 10 years old. For some reason, I stayed home from school. I had waken up from a nap at around 10 a.m. (I wake up to get ready for school at around 6:30) and had turned on my lamp beside my bed. Being lazy and still a little tired, I still lie in bed. Then, I hear a man's voice yelling at me right in my ear!

It was hardly a whisper at first, but it got louder and louder that I knew it wasn't just a neighbor or anything like that (my bed is right next to the wall that leads to the side yard). It got so loud the message became clear "GET OUT!" I jumped out of bed and rushed into the kitchen, my heart pounding. The thing I remember the most about the voice was that it was like an older man yelling at some kids to get out of his yard.

Two years passed and I hear nothing from the older man. Then, this one afternoon my friend was over and she's a believer,too. I told her about the ghosts in my room and we decided to go and contact them. So my friend and I sit on my bed, my friend at one end, and I am at the other. Since my bed is a bunk bed (my sister and I used to share rooms) I was sitting behind a wooden ladder.

Eventually, I start hearing whispers coming from in front of me. In order to hear them more clearly, I leaned forward, almost touching the ladder. All of a sudden, my friend screams "Don't move!" I shush her and wave her off, but I could not hear anything else. Then I feel scared and one glance I knew my friend was feeling scared, too. So we jump off the bed and run into the family room.

We then talked about what had happened. My friend explained that when I had leaned forward, an older man's face appeared in front of me. She said it began talking to me, even though she could not hear it, she saw his lips moving. When she screamed at me to stop, The man had looked at her in a hateful way, as if to tell her "SHUT UP!"

Thanks for reading! I'll post more in the future!

Other hauntings by ghostsrreal202

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostsrreal202, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-01)
This seems a little bit out there to tell you the truth, but hey you never know! You mention the ghosts in your room! What is the story about them? A few more details on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Dan
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Yeh I agree this man probably lived there and maybe, think about this... This is a random stub in the dark, just something to think about, what if he had died in the house and dosnt know he is dead, maybe he is just as scared as you although he is expressing this through anger, maybe he wants you to get out of his home, if this is the case as said above, you will need to find a way to help him move on.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
My brother in law also moved into a house where strage things happened. The first time I went to visit, I could feel a creepy, cold felling in the passage, just opposit the bathroom, next to their baby's room. I told him, and he said that on the dot 12 at night the baby would start to cry. The alarm will go off by itself, and their parot goes mad.
The maid saw a old man in this room and refused to come back into the house again.
He found out that a couple of years ago, a old man died in this very room where the baby was sleeping.
He asked a priest to come and bless the house, and after this, things calmed down.
ngute80 (220 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
How did you and your friend go about "contacting the ghosts"?. Just talking to them or something else? I agree that it sounds like the old man probably use to live there or on the property. Of course I could be wrong. Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Do you still live in the house? Did you ever do any research on the house to see if maybe this man lived there before and maybe remains?

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Luv
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
I wonder who could have possibly lived in your house, or on your property, before you did. It certainly seems like this old man was a previous inhabitant and possibly even had his bedroom where yours is. He might need help crossing over, although his personality seems to indicate he's quite stubborn. Do some research on cleansing methods, most of which may involve opening windows and lighting candles for circulation. Try this and if it doesn't work, and the old man becomes belligerent, I would consult an expert. Hopefully this helps a little!
Davidpsalm234 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-29)
Do you mean you could not see the old man's appearance? Creepy really though... Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: