You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow of a Little Boy

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow of a Little Boy

 

This story happened when I was 10 years old, which would have made it 1994. I remember school had let out for Easter Vacation. It was a friday night (Good Friday) and I got done watching Ghostbusters with my mom and step-dad and I went off to bed where my sister was sleeping.

To give you a lay-out of the house, you open the front door and step into the living room, right off to the right was my bedroom. There was a little hallway between my room and the living room and at the end of the hallways my mom's room and the bathroom. So if you were in my room, you could see into the living room.

I went to bed and my sister (which as one at the time) and I shared a bed. I woke you in the middle of the middle to a strange noise. The living room was pitch black and my room only had a plug-in night light, so it was pretty dark. I rub my see and I hear the noise again. I look into the living room and there was a perfect outline of a child (which was completely black too!). And the child sounded like a boy crying, saying "Mama".

Being 10 years old, I freaked out and screamed for my mom. My mom wakes up and yells "What do you want?" and I yell back "Turn on the light!" She then tell me to do it my self, all the while, this child is moving closer to me and I'm scared to move. My yelling wakes my sister up and she starts to cry, when this happens, my mom gets up and turns on the light to get her and I just about wet myself because the boy was about a foot from my bed.

A couple of months later I ended up moving out to live with my dad. But I returned to live with my mom when I was 15 years old. We were talking one day about that and how no one believe me when that happened. I guess a month after I moved, my mom, step-dad, and a few of their friends saw something black race across the carpet. And they would hear a child crying at night too. My mom did apologize for not believing me.

The history of that house and all the other house in that town I lived in was that they were all the original homes the coal miners lived in. The area was big with mining in the 1920's. Which was went the town and houses where built. It is sad though, how they were treated and was never paid real money so they could never get out of the life.

Other hauntings by evilblackwidow9

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, evilblackwidow9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Dear evilblackwidow9,

Your story is well written and the background and history of the house serves to answer most of my questions. I enjoyed the story's thrilling part when the boy was walking towards you, it somehow reminds me of a movie but I can't really remember. It is sad parents usually are sceptics until they experience something themselves. I guess the ghost in the house needs help crossing over.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Shenny (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Lucky Me LOL,
THanks Shane, It Helps A Lot!
I'm usually used to seeing spirits quite a lot, I plan on posting about what ever's going to happen when I check out that place. Depending iof anything happens, Thank Loads SHane,
Take care and God bless,
Shenny.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
You caught me just in time Shenny, I was just about to walk out the door. A medium is someone who has the ability to see, hear, or feel ghost. Sometimes all three, others just one or two. A developing medium is someone who has these abilities but doesn't know how to control them yet. Usually requires the assitance of a true medium to get their gift under control. Not a bad thing, unless you consider seeing spirits all the time bad. Hope this helps. Have a great day and blessed be.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Dear SHane, Can you please tell me what a developing medium is? Cause everyone thinks I am one, but I have no idea what that is.
Is that a bad thing? ๐Ÿ˜ข

Hope to get a reply soon,
Take care and much love,
Shenny.
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Wow Shane, what you just said means a LOT to me. You're already making me feel better about it.
Thanks Shane, I bet you're a great dad ๐Ÿ˜Š
Problem there, I always have a feeling they follow me. I definetely wouldn't like them following me. I've seen enough to last a life time. Which remnds me, I'm going with my cousins and aunt and uncle to check out a shop built into this house, all the males in the family are dying. So it'll probably keep me occupied. And Thanks Again Shane!

Take care and much love,
Shenny. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Shenny, though you are not happy with the move at the moment things may change for you once you are there. Look at it this way, you may finally get away from those spirits which have been bothering you. That is unless you want them to follow you? Nope don't see that happening. I see you getting down there and having a great time with your dad. Take care and blessed be.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Thanks for your reply Shane ๐Ÿ˜
Well, My dad calls me every Saturday, but I'm not very happy cause he left me when I needed him most, And now his girlfriend is coming to see me next week from New Zealad, must me some hot babe the way he described her to me. I ws really upset, but I guess we all have to move on someday. And in 2 months I'm migrating to New Zealand in 2 months. To live with my dad and soon to be step mum (bleh) Lol.
Well take care and much love,
Shenny.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Shenny, Yes my daughter is like me in the aspect of the paranormal. Though sometimes I think she does a lot of it to get extra attention. If you know how to contact your father you should do so. A daughter needs her father, just as a son needs his mother. Its a Yen and Yang thing I think ๐Ÿ˜Š.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Shenny (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Lol that convo was so cute.
Like father like daughter huh?
I wish I could see my dad, I haven't seen since I was 11.
Good story by the way.
I know how it feels when someone doesn't believe you ๐Ÿ˜ข
But oh well. I know what I saw ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care and much love,
Shenny.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Thank you Anna for the kind words you spoke of me. Though I am sure at times my daughter would have you and the rest of the world believe other wise. ๐Ÿ˜ Especially after she gets grounded for doing some crazy thing or another.๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
Geez Shane, you never believe me.lol. I'm just kidding ๐Ÿ˜Š...Your a good step dad.

Blessings
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-02)
Dear evilblackwidow9,

Nice story. Yes, those who are oppressed often do leave dark and depressing energy imprints upon the present day energy fields as individuals and groups. In this case, they owed their soul's to the company store or to those who fed off their energy in order to feed their own selfish greed. Darkness creates darkness to enslave and destroy while light creates light to unconditionally love, and love is eternal creation and it is always free.--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-01)
Boy, I don't believe you one bit. ๐Ÿ˜‰ You know better than that Anna.๐Ÿ˜ I know of the area in which you speak and I do not find it impossible that the energies of the past residents could become trapped in those homes. It is too bad our parents choice to believe we are having a nightmare or our imaginations are playing tricks on us. I haven't told my step daughter that it was her imagination or a dream I go and check and see if I can sense anything happening or anything that could explain what she experienced. Thank you Anna for sharing story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: