You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Speechless Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Speechless Ghost

 

My name is Kimberly, I am 31 years old. At the age of 17 I had an encounter with some type of spirit.

The incident took place twice in less than a year.

One morning while lying in bed with my back facing my bedroom door I heard footsteps coming from the front of the house, we had tile floor, no carpet. My room was in the back of the house, mind you on this particular day I was supposed to be in school but I decided to stay home this day. What I heard was the sound of something with hard bottom shoes on that walked from the living room to my room and the steps stopped when it reached my bed. I was too terrified to turn around.

Whatever that was it used its hand to touch my back kind of like pressing down on it. I was filled with horror I could not turn around to see what was trying to communicate with me. Then after a few seconds it released me and vanished, there was no sound of it walking away.

The second encounter happened a few months later at a different home that we had moved to. I was the same age, I was home alone (I was also home alone during the first incident.) I was lying in bed with my back facing my bedroom door, and I decided to stay home from school that day as well. This house was much smaller than the previous. On this day I heard our front door open and close, the spirit had on hard bottom shoes, it walked straight to my room, stopped at my bed, and this time it didn't touch me, just stood there. I'm not sure how long it stood over me because there was never a sound of it walking away.

There had not recently been a death in or our the family. I have no idea what message it was sending. I just know when I used to tell people about this encounter I would get so emotional, and cry telling this story. Fourteen years later I still think about those days and wonder, "what was that." Can you give me your thoughts on that please?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, msmagnolia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
I can relate to this but its more of a showing its self not coming as close as it did to you. It was three nights in a row. It scared me so bad. Has it been back yet? I mean... Usually they show themselves a lot more. Or at least they do to me.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
Since you did not see "it" & did not receive any kind of communication except a touch which did not seem overtly threatening or affectionate, it is almost impossible to speculate. It could be anything from a curious spirit, a visit from someone having an OBE, a manifestation of a latent fear of someone coming into your personal space, an imaginary visitor from a drowsy brain, & probably a hundred other possibilities.
Naru_117 (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
I would guess that it was a wandering spirit that attached itself to you for whatever reason.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
My first thought was some deceased relative like a grandparent, who didn't like the fact that you were staying home from school and wanted to get your attention. Was there anyone in your family history who could fit that bill?
AzzyBeh (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-30)
Wow! Interesting!

Well, has there been any deaths in your family since you were born? Had any pets? Did you research the two houses you lived in? I would research them and if someone is living in one or the other ask them if they have had any experiences the same as yours.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: