You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Ghostly Experience In Texas

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghostly Experience In Texas

 

I just want to share one of my experience that I had while I was living in the middle of Fort Worth and Dallas, TX in 2008-2009.

I rented this one room apartment in Hurst, TX. The price was reasonable. Not bad at all. I thought I was not able to afford but turns out it was a good rate in that part of the area. The location was not far from where I work, like 10 minutes drive.

I moved into the apartment within a week. I got everything settled down. Things didn't get weird after a couple of weeks after my boyfriend came to visit and left.

In my bedroom, I have a little touch lamp on my night stand on the left side of the bed. Every night, I always turn off the lamp and go to sleep and every morning I turn it on to have lights so I can see early in the morning to get ready to go to work. I always turns it off before I go to work every day. On this one particular day, I turn my lamp off and went to work. When I return back from work and went directly to my bedroom, my lamp on the night stand was turned on. I was sure I turned it off but then I thought to myself that maybe it might have been the electrical wire and I must had turn on by itself since it's a touch lamp. This happens again the very next day.

I did turn it off before I left to work but when I return from work, the lamp was on like I never did turn off. Again, I just ignored it. Then that very night, I went to bed and turn off my lamp as usual and went asleep. That very night around 2-3am in the morning, I toss and turn to my left side of the bed where my touch lamp was on the night stand, the lamp was turned on. I was like WTF, did I forgot to turn it off. I just touch the lamp and it turns off and went back to sleep but when I got up in the morning it was on again. I got very scare now. I unplug the touch lamp and packed it up and return the lamp right away after work for one that you have to turn on the switch in order to turn it on. Now nothing happens after I have made the exchange of the lamp.

There's this one-two times, during the morning, before I get up, I can feel like someone came into my bedroom and sat at the end of my bed. I can feel my bed at the end go down like when you sat on it. Also, there is this one morning, right before I wake up, I can feel like someone was pulling my sheet off at the end of the bed. I was scared to get up and open my eyes to look so I just pull the sheets very hard and cover my head and when the alarm goes off, I got up and there was nothing. Got ready and went to work.

I got really scared, didn't know what to do. I called my mom and told her what was going on. My mom told me an encounter that happens to one of our neighbors. Our neighbors, his wife, would go to sleep and when she begins to close her eyes she see a dark figure coming straight at her and got on top of her. No matter how much she scream or struggle, she couldn't. That happens for a while until the shadow leaves and then she would return to normal. She was really scared by this and told her husband to help her. Her husband did not believe her. Then one evening, the wife just happens to put on a red T-shirt after getting out of the shower and sat on the couch with her husband to watch TV. They both doze off. The black figure came straight to the husband like it did to the wife. Now the husband believes his wife. After that had happen, they call for a shaman to come and do its shaman thing.

Oh I forgot to mentioned that I am Hmong. We believes in Shamanism. We, Hmong, strongly believes that there are evil and good spirits among us and that spirits do live among us but we cannot see them.

Well, after our neighbor had the shaman came to do what he needs to do. Everything went back to normal.

My mom suggested that I should go ahead and get myself some red sheets and blankets for my bed, red window curtains, and a red night gown for myself to go to bed and a few more red sheets just to hang in my bathroom and in my closet. She said that this might help since this works for our neighbor. She also suggest that I should burn some incense and pray to my grandparents to help watch over me. We believe that when we burn incense and pray for our grandparents that are deceased, they always help us because no matter how far or near, they always comes to our prayers. It's like they are right beside us, but we just have to ask.

I immediately bought myself the all things that my mom mentions and had it change right away. Burn some incense and pray to my grandparents to come and watch over me while I go to sleep and every day I come home from work, I would call to them to come and stay with me and watch over me. I did this everyday and it has helped me. I no longer feel that someone sitting at the end of my bed no more or pulling my sheets. I was more comfortable now that it has went away.

Oh yeah, I even asks the landlord to see if they know if there has been someone that has passed away inside the apartment unit that I stayed in, but they said there was none that they know of.

I lived there for six months of my lease and moved out.

Other hauntings by pebhmoob

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pebhmoob, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

morgangage (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-24)
I've contacted spirits and proved it to roomates they've made lamps turn on when it was broken they turned it on, they turned on a strobe light when it was unplugged. But what I'm trying to figure out here is a little different. I asked someone I thought was an angel to make someone call me and then he called. And when he called, my touch lamp turned on by itself. Maybe spirits did it? They've done things for me in this apt too but usually when I ask them directly. Maybe coincidence because its a touch lamp. So then one night I'm lying in bed and realize something about this person like an epiphany. My eyes were closed but a light came on and it felt like it was because of what I'd just realized but I didn't know where it came from I thought maybe it came from outside. So I open my eyes and it was the touch lamp on again. Very weird. It may have been for a reason. Or it may have been coincidence. Can we make things happen with our own power? I read that guardian angels will give you a sign then repeat that same sign. But I don't want to get all confused. Maybe it was something evil. I did a spell recently and the light burnt out in my apt maybe coincidence. I only know for sure what I've witnessed my whole life. Spirits of the dead make things happen. And when I was wiccan the god and goddess make things happen. And I myself can make things happen like making it rain when I asked it to. Knowing what card my friend chooses in a pack of cards because a whispery voice whispers it in my head, etc. I've prayed to god but could never be sure he answered or proved anything. I've had animal spirit guides come to me etc. So I'm thinking it was more than coincidence but maybe was something screwing with me. The touch lamp doesn't seem to be that sensitive but commentors said they are. Dunno but I live for that kind of stuff. I love spirits I'm not afraid of them.
pebhmoob (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-20)
Per jessy_tor3 - the apartment is not near a road, no washing machine, no large vibration at all.

Per Moongrim - I return the lamp without setting the lamp at a different location... Now I no longer use/buy touch lamp.

Per flea20010 - I really don't know what red does but it sure help me during that time... Now a day... I am wearing a red string tie on my ankle and wrist due to other things going on around me and it has been helping me... An uncle of mine tie it for me for it to help me... I guess for the evil spirit to stay away.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Those touch lamps are very sensitive. Pretty much anything can trigger them to turn on and off. Even snoring as granny has told us. LOL! 😆 I had one years ago and it used to go on and off all the time too. I have heard that the color red supposedly wards off evil spirits. I was raised Catholic and my grandmother had my mother pin a red piece of cloth to my under shirts when I was a baby for protection. I am also Italian, and as most of you know Italians are very superstitious. I am not sure if it really works, and it is most likely mind over matter but if it helps then I say gor for it. Thanks for sharing your story. 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Many moons ago, we had touch lamps in my livingroom... We had a waterbed, and my hubby has scoliosis, so he took to sleeping on the couch because the bed hurt his back... When I was pregnant with my oldest son, I wasn't sleeping very well; after a few times of waking up and the lamp being on, I decided to sit up and watch it to figure out why it was turning on by itself...Well, my husband snores something AWEFUL, and loudly enough to take the lamp through all three levels of lighting 😆 😆...

The point of that is, maybe there was a vibration occuring, something undetectble to you?...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Moongrim,

I started to ask the same thing, then read the following in the O/P's experience...

"I unplug the touch lamp and packed it up and return the lamp right away after work for one that you have to turn on the switch in order to turn it on. Now nothing happens after I have made the exchange of the lamp."

So unless we can contact the store / possible new owner of said lamp we will never figure that one out. 😉

I understand asking for our ansestors to protect us. That is common for quite a few cultures... But why is the color 'red' supposed to have protective properties? Lease forgive me but I do not know that much about the Hmong culture.

Respectfully,

Rook
flea20010 (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
What does red have to do with It? Does it keep the ghoasts away from the bed?
jessy_tor3 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
I have a touch lamp and sometimes when I came home after school it would be on. But I witnessed it turning on and it turns out sometimes large vibrations (Like a truck driving by) could make it turn on. Did you live near a road that large trucks would go by? Or have a washing machine near your room?
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
I had red sheets for many years while living in a tiny apartment in the middle of a large city. No wonder I never had any issues at that apartment. I did have a lamp that went on once in the middle of the night, but it was only once and it never happened again.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
Just out of curiosity, has that lamp turned on again in a different setting? Say, another apartment you were in?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: