You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Young Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

A Young Ghost

 

In Nov. 2011 I started a new job in a small convenience store my shifts are mainley at 5 pm until midnight. When I started working I kept on seeing a dark figure of a young guy wearing a black coat black pants in his early 20'S I thought it was my imagination so I kept on ingnoring it. I started seeing it more often, but I kept ignoring it until one night I couldn't any more, the night was slow because there were strong winds so people were trying to stay home.

I started cleaning under the counters dusting and organising so I saw someone leaned over the counter like to see what I was doing, so I stood up to see who it was. There was no one, so I went back to what I was doing and it happened again. So I said to my self someone is playing a joke, so I got up and checked inside the store to see who else was there. No one was there but I still kept on seeing him from the corner of my eye.

I got so scared that I started getting goosebumps to a point that my eyes got watery. The following day when I went to work I asked a co-worker that if I could ask her something, she said yes. I told her ahead of time I'm not crazy, but have you seen a ghost in here, she said no but that she hears sounds when no one is in the store, that things fall of the shelf with no explanation at all. She advised me to ask my boss, so here I'm in this new job asking my boss bout the young guy I keep on seeing and also telling him that I wasn't crazy and if he knew anything About the ghost. His response was fast, firm "Yes its a young guy. Just tell him that you need your space to leave you alone, he will and this stays here between us. Don't tell the others" and he walked away. Me and my co-worker looked at each other surprised with his response. We kept on talking about it for a while only between us. I still work there I still see him, but I try not to be scared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tejana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-08-22)
Kxiong123,
I'm curious, why do you think a ghost protecting someone shortens that person's life span?
Kxiong123 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-21)
It's not good to have ghost protect you. It shorten your life span
JackEtch (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-17)
Are you sure this not a play of lighting? I am in large buildings in early AM hours regularly and Much of the lighting is set at half, to conserve energy. In the shadowy lighting, many sharp angles and combinations of dim light, shadow can have a person wondering. What I realized though is that its a mix of what is on the persons mind (semi-conscious or conscious) and the particular lighting they are experiencing. Also often how close to perpendicular a person is to walls, to get reflected noise experienced. So knowing it involves most or all the senses, not just the eyes and what's occurring in ones head from the day just before and 'cues',this is not intended to comfort, just stating science facts. But then, if it is you are talking to yourself, so what? As long as you're not having and argument with an alternate personality in your own head, what's the big thing. Everyone does it at some time. 😊
radish54 (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-20)
Perhaps you could tell him "Thank you" for looking after you, but remind him to look for the Light; and that he has loved ones on the other side that will welcome him.
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
He sounds innocent and curious, I agree with zeta ask him to protect you:)
Has anyone died in the store or maybe near the store? Maybe he is lost or is just wondering around.

Keep writing any interactions you have with him and whenever you see him:) Do a bit of research to try and find out who he is. Maybe when you see him looking or sense him near ask hime questions or as said by zeta, just ask him to look after you (while in the shop) make sure you emphasize only while you are in the shop, even if he is nice and all you don't want him following you home, even if it's to look after you:)
The best of luck
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Interesting story. I think if I were working at a convenience store those type of hours, this spirit would be welcomed. I would feel sort of safe having this entity to "watch over me". And maybe that is how your boss feels and your co-workers. The next time you feel his presence, ask him to watch over you and keep you safe.

Zeta.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Interesting! Could it be that this young ghost manifests himself in different ways to different people? Sounds like you and your boss have seen him, but perhaps the others have not (except for the coworker who hears noises). It will be interesting (buy frustrating!) to wait and see if anyone else brings it up. Thanks for posting!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: