You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Monks Graveyard?

Real Ghost Stories

Monks Graveyard?

 

This is a story about my paranormal experience. I was at my grandparents house, she has been living by herself for many years now as her husband left her. Anyway, I am 14 and this 'haunting' happened when I was about 10 years old.

I had heard a lot of stories about my grandparents house before this evening. It is just a small house in Scotland. It had been built on the top of an old monks graveyard. My Nana had told me stories about when she had saw things on her wall directly in front of her bed.

It was late November in 2007, about 11:00pm and I was staying over at my Nana's house for the weekend. It wasn't anything unusual for me but this night was particularly weird. I was with say 7 other friends, (remembering I was 10), and we were in my Nana's bedroom just talking about how our holidays had been and we started to realize the light flickering.

We were just thinking that the bulb was running out and it was all a bit of a coincidence but the the light suddenly blew. At this point we were getting a bit freaked out and my little sister, (aged 6) started crying. We all started trying to pile out the door and noticed it was locked. There was only a lock on the inside though and we were all to small to reach it. We were all crying now. We were hiding under the covers trying to protect ourselves in a way.

The scariest thing about this experience was what happened next. We heard banging on the door and a strong male voice shouting 'let me in' desperately. It was getting louder and louder and we were all screaming, terrified, we did not move.

We waited until this had stopped and went over to the door in our group of 7 to find that the door was open and the light was now working.

My Nana couldn't have gotten up and down the stairs this fast so it could not have been her. She suffers from weak bones and she is diabetic.

She said she had not heard anything and thought we were all just have a laugh like normal kids. This was one of quite a few hauntings I have experienced in this house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AzzyBeh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
AzzyBeh

I feel sorry for Grandma having to look after 8 kids in such a tiny house. With her osteoporosis (weak bones) and diabetes it must have been an effort to look after you all and very difficult for her to reach the lock on her bedroom door, if 10 year olds couldn't reach it. Gotta love grandmas! Hope she is well and still with you.
ShineeLucifer (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
What kind of monks were they?

Cultist?
Gregorian?
Catholic?
Shaolin?
Reptilian?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Most intriguing. Please share more of your experiences. But I'm curious, surely they removed the contents of the graves prior to building a house there?
Hellhound (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Hey,
Great story:)
I'm thinking in this particular case, maybe it isn't a spirit as such but a type of death echo or perhaps a residential haunting (an imprint) I also don't think it has to do with the monks, I would look more into past owners, stuff like that.
The point that the lights screwed up would tell me that maybe it was a death echo, a major tragedy that replays over and over again. I have heard that that may mess with electricity.
Has this happened before?
Or have you heard stories of this happening before?
Hope al is well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: