You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunting Presence in my House

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting Presence in my House

 

A while ago, I lived in a house that I felt was haunted, but some feelings/experiences I found out explanations for. There were three main things I could not explain. I am not one of those people who run out a room scared after an encounter, but the first one, I would be sleeping in my room and I would have this feeling of being watched from behind the sliding glass door (it led to the pool/billiards room), I knew there was something behind that door (and I checked for high electromagnetic frequencies, which cause the feeling of being watched). Then I felt a pressure on my chest, but I dismissed it and went to sleep.

I had a dream of a man coming out of that doorway and then staring at me, then dashing out of my room. It kept on happening to the point where I started to sleep in the living room. When I would wake up, I would look across the room and in the hall, there was a teenager girl, maybe 16-18 years old, in a prom dress, it was lavender colored like a light purple.

The other one, I would see a man in the backyard in jeans, a shirt and a cowboy hat just sitting smoking a pipe. I did research on the house, it was built about 100 meters from a cemetery, it used to be a morgue, and the entire area used to be farmland. I asked the neighbors who lived there before us, they said there used to be a family, a mom, a dad (who drank a lot), a little boy and a teenage girl who committed suicide in the bathroom.

But I felt that these ghosts weren't malicious, maybe just trying to get help or scare me, after all we moved (not because of this) but new people live there now. I went back to visit my friend who lived next door. The house looks nice and everything, but for some reason, I am drawn to want to go back there, this I cannot explain. Any answers?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jason_hawes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheSkeptic (21 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
Sometimes after dreaming about ghosts or other paranormal activity, and suddenly wake up, the dream image is still implanted in your mind and takes a few seconds to catch up with your brain. This is called a wake up dream.
mandakitten (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
often when a person is buried (as I'm sure you know) they are buried in articles of clothing that can be quite formal. Maybe the girl had been one of the deceased at the morgue. And farmland would explain the guy with the cowboy hat. But they may have also been residual energies left behind from things that happened long before...
Qtgrly111 (2 stories) (58 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-03)
I may be only 14, but this happens to me all the time. I do not know what happened for the people to die and their spirits to remain. I now live about 10 miles away, but I visit my friend that lived a street down from me. I have had a lot of things happen at her house. I still want to go in the house and investigate. I have figured that having the experiences every day made my life exciting, now I am bored and want that excitement back. This could be what is happening to you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: