You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Start Of The Paranormal World For Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Start Of The Paranormal World For Me

 

I am glad I have found a website where I can tell my experiences to and not be laughed or mocked at. Things started when my grandmother passed away, not to myself but my younger sister at first, whom was probably to young to remember the experience but was able to tell my mother the morning after, this was the first time I had ever had any experience in the paranormal.

My nana passed away at 11pm on sunday night, she was dying from cancer of the throat, back and stomach, she went from being ill but able bodied to bed bound completely in a short time, although the doctors gave her 6 weeks to live she stayed with us for 3 years.

When her body deteriorated and she was no longer able to fend for herself she was moved downstairs into the dining room where she was cared for by my mother and grandfather, I was 11 at the time and my younger sister was 8, I also had a older brother and sister, myself and my younger sister did not see nana much as she got worse as it was not a nice experience and my mother wanted us to remember her in her good days not when she was dying and looking so gaunt and pale.

All of us were very close to my nana especially Francesca my younger sister. She was the baby of us and my grandfather and nanas pride and joy. The night nana passed my mum and dad were there whilst my older siblings looked after myself and my younger sister. Francesca was in bed around the time nana had passed. I was reading downstairs and just as I got into bed I heard the phone ring downstairs and knew straight away nana had gone, nobody called the house phone so late so I knew it would be mum or dad. I quietly climbed out of bed and checked on Francesca and tucked her in and closed the door and went downstairs.

My dad explained to us all that nana passed quietly and she was in no pain anymore. We waited up until 3am for mum to return home and she asked us not to tell Francesca about nana and she would explain to her after she returned from school the following evening, I went to bed quite happy that my nana was in no pain anymore and hurting deep inside that I would never see her again. I didn't cry as I did not want to wake up Francesca and arise suspicion and get her upset.

The following morning mum got woke us up and told myself and the older siblings that she had called school and we were taking the day off. Myself and my older siblings all got back into bed whilst mum got Fran up and got her ready for school. Whilst at the table mum was putting cereal into Frans bowl as Fran said to mum "mum I know nana has gone to the sky because she waved up at me last night from the landing and she had her favourite New York Yankees tracksuit on and she had all her hair"

I think mum nearly died of a shock as Fran saying nana visited her could have been a dream but the fact she knew nana had died in the tracksuit was a shock. My nana had visited america and loved to bring back the latest sweat suits, as she was so ill and unable to visit the USA, my uncle promised to bring one back for her and she had it put on the night she passed away. It was red and grey and yellow I think. My nana was not afraid of losing her hair and didn't see a point in wearing wigs so she wore her cap which was put on the night she passed away.

My mum questioned Fran as to what colours the tracksuit was and how nana looked, Fran said she looked golden and had her curly hair and lipstick on and also explaied the colour of the tracksuit and that my nana was slowly waving at her, my mum asked Francesca why she was awake so late and she said she wasn't, she said she saw nana not long after being put into bed which was around 8pm, nana took her last breath at 11pm. She was confirmed dead at 11.20.

My younger sister as I said cannot remember this experience but can remember the conversation being taken place the following morning.

Did my nanas soul say goodbye before her soul left for the spirit world?

This experience was my younger sisters... My experience was many years later, at the age of 19, which I will put into another article to make reading more easy.

Thank you for reading and comments are welcome.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, olivia1988, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
Had your Nana lost consciousness before passing?

It does seem strange that your sister saw her in the clothes she died in but with her hair back. Maybe your grandfather or parents were thinking of your sister, worrying about comforting her because they saw your Nana was clearly passing that night & unconsciously sent her a comforting image.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
Yes I have heard of these experiences before, when the person who does not have to much time left on this plane of existence desperately wants to see someone they love so much. I think in a lot of those sort of cases it is astral projection, but you mentioned that your Grandmother had a full head of hair again, so I am little confused at the moment, going to have a think about this one a bit more!. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
This is a strange question. But, if she was wearing a Yankees sweat suit why was it red, grey & yellow? That's odd to me.

~LSD~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: