You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: The House On The Hill

Real Ghost Stories

The House On The Hill

 

So before I moved to Jacksonville, Florida I was always obsessed with everything paranormal. I would watch movies involving ghosts, demons, exorcism and anything involving the supernatural. This was about 4 years ago I was 15. Me and my friends use to hang out where I used to live because it was all country so it was peaceful to live there and we've always use to stare at this house that was on top of a hill. Now let me tell you this house was creepy just by looking at it you would feel a cold chill down your spine. I had one friend named Christopher he was always the "I'm not afraid of anything" friend that everyone has or better known as the show off. He said that we should go inside the house and record ourselves trying to communicate someone or something and since we were young and curious we agreed to do it.

So that same week I told my father about what we were going to do and he wasn't very thrilled about the idea. He told me and warned me about going to the house and honestly I was naive so I really didn't pay attention to him. I just nodded and said yes just to make him feel better.

The Saturday of that week I got ready I took my camera and my flashlight. Me and my friends met on the hill and before we went up the stairs to go to the house we agreed that this was a serious matter and that we weren't going to take this as a joke. As we went up the stairs we could feel the air getting colder and thicker. When we finally got to the front of the house we all looked scared but the curiosity we had I guess was stronger than our fear. One of my friends went to open the door but it had a big rusty lock it looked like it was there for years.

So my friend Christopher, being the show off that he is, broke the one of the house's windows. He was the first one to go inside and I followed him. Inside each one of us took a room. I took this room because I was curious. You see the room didn't actually have the frame of a door it just had a square about 3 feet of the ground. The room looked small and uncomfortable to sleep in. I turned off my flashlight and started trying to communicate to see if there were spirits. Now what happened next really scared and to this day the memory of it still haunts me.

As I was walking in the room I started to hear whispering. I thought it was one my friends just messing with me, so I went to the living room and they were all just standing there talking. I asked them if one of then was messing with me with the whispering, they said no. We just stood there for a while and then we all heard the whispering it said "get out" in Spanish. We were all scared, frozen in disbelief I tried talking to the whispering voice and it told me "You're are not welcome here" in Spanish. My friends started to run to the window. I just stood there for a couple of seconds with Christopher and then we heard the mirror in the bathroom break and it got very windy inside the house which was impossible because the house was completely sealed except for the window we broke.

Then this mysterious shadow figure came out of the room I was in and that was it for me I had all the proof I needed so I just ran to the window too and got out. Outside we just looked at each other in disbelief. We couldn't explain what had happened in that house. We just went to our homes still in shock specially me and Christopher because we re the only ones that saw the shadow figure.

The next day I told my dad how I disobeyed him and what had happened in the house. He told me he knew what was in the house because he had done the same stupid thing as me. He then told that, that house used to be were my grandfather grew up and that his younger brother Victor use to practice Santeria and Satanism. The thing was that Victor's room was the room I was in, the one without the door frame, and that he would spent most of his time in the bathroom because that was where he tried to communicate with the devil through the mirror.

After that we never went to the house. Time passed and we all moved on, but I still have some paranormal encounters. I still have dreams about the shadow figure and the house on the hill. I don't know why but sometimes I think the shadow figure has a connection to me... I don't know but I'm planning to go back to the house to once again try to figure out what that shadow figure really is and why is he still in that house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jesuanvalentin15, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jesuanvalentin15 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
Hey guys thanks for reading, let me just say that after that experience in that house I've had many others thing is when I had them I didn't realize it was something paranormal... So thanks again and I'll make sure to post another experience in this days involving my grandmothers death...
jesuanvalentin15 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
Darkness,the house is on the hill back when my grandfather was abotu ym age there were only lke five houses near the road and the one on the hill he lived his whole childhood there. Right now the house is all locked up and the brothers that remain (my grandpa and his borhter) don't want to keep the house but they can't seem to sell it either. Victor is the only one who actually wants the house to himself he doesn't want to sell it or let any of his brothers keep it. The house is located in Manati, Puerto Rico on a mountain/country are of Cortes.
jesuanvalentin15 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
KimSouthO,I don't live near the house anymore I actually moved a couple of months ago but I'm thinking of going back there but this time I want to be prepared and ready for whatever is in that house.
jesuanvalentin15 (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
Elephante,I don't think so because my dad is 6'4 but he's the biggest scaredy cat I have ever met he's even afraid of spiders do you honestly think he would go late at night to a house he knows is haunted to try to scare me and my friends? Hahaha I don't think so
jesuanvalentin15 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
KimSouthO,yes I have talked to Vicotr and let me just say he is really creppy and he admits he use to practice a lot of satanism and santeria. As a matter a fact in my pesonal opinion he has a bad aura is like when you get close to him you get all depressed and sad just because he's actually like that which I think is creepy even my grandfather confirmed that it was true about the house and about victor
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
Is there any way your dad, knowing that you were going there, decided to pull a little prank on you so that you don't go back? Not trying to discredit your experience, but with your dad knowing your plans, it seems like a likely scenario
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
Kind of sounds like it may have come out of a movie, I'm sure it was very frightning. More details on the house history and land etc would be great, we may get a better understanding as to what and why this house seems to be haunted.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
So.

Where is this house? Do you have GPS coordinates? Which town in Puerto Rico? It'd make for a fine ghost hunting team exploration, I'm sure.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
Curious, had you or have you ever met or spoken to Victor? Had you heard about him prior to this occurence?

Very crepy indeed. Do you still live near the house?

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!
pinkparrot6202 (41 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-07)
This story will be rated 10/10.I wonder what's going to happen next.

❤ 😲 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: