You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House With A Million Eyes 4

Real Ghost Stories

The House With A Million Eyes 4

 

Hey. I apologize for the extended absence- especially because of exactly when I decided to drop off the radar. To a lot of you reading this, something like that might discredit everything I've shared and am about to share. I've accepted that so I won't be embarrassed or offended. To clue those in who are newer to this site, I was sharing a (to me) very personal account of my childhood home. The memories I have of that place are deeply black, for many reasons. Because of how long it turned out to be, my story became several submissions and just before I promised to submit the last one- I quit and fell off the radar.

But something lately prompted me to remember that house as well as the fact I just abandoned my own personal project. Maybe it was Halloween and all the spooky movies and stories that surround the month of October. Or perhaps it was just the smell of crisp autumn leaves everywhere that reminded me of those breathtaking autumns in the Poconos. Then again, within the past few months someone very close to me has opened up to believing in ghosts and their own experiences, even when I thought they firmly were in denial of such things. It's funny how almost everyone in my circle of friends and family has opened up to having had 'experiences' but somehow can't open up to believing in them or talking about them. I guess I understand their reasoning, though. No one wants somebody to think they're crazy, and like the idiom, "speak of the devil, and he doth appear."

I want to try to break that habit, and not suppress what's happened or what comes natural. The last time I started to open up and reflect on this next experience I noticed some very strange things happening within our home. Back then I didn't understand it or make any connections, but now I see there might have been a relation... Maybe. I need to get this 'darkness' off of my chest and finally understand it. So here goes... Will try to write this without sounding like a complete whackadoo.

I left off in the last submission of explaining how I'd moved into the downstairs room and the result being in that my personal terror only got worse. My mom had finally admitted to believing me about the evil within the house... But honestly, it didn't last long. She introduced me to the method of just simply ignoring it. Like a bird putting their head in the sand: "if I can't see you, you can't see me!" I tried this method too, but it only made things worse. I soon noticed that over time the level of intensity within this house only grew and grew. All of us began to hate one another and feel only distrust. Our personalities changed drastically. There were many times when even I relished the sickly feeling of succumbing to that seductive hatred. Believe me, I'm downplaying this. I'd taught myself to play the piano at a young age, and by now I was only playing sounds that were very dark.

Looking back on it now, I can see that there were very human (non-paranormal) elements adding to all this, making it worse. But it probably didn't help us that (I believe) there was another element present within the house, sucking up our energy and wanting more. There were times when I'd look into the fevered eyes of the people I thought of as parents and wonder why they had changed so much. Why they stared and grinned maliciously. A lot happened within this house, and I'm sure I left a lot of events out, as there's simply so much, but the few months before I decided to move unfolded only worse encounters. My mom refused to talk about our haunted situation anymore, so I was left alone to contend with it. Again.

Now for this next incident. If I read a story, if someone speaking to me claimed to have experienced this, I'd have a hard time accepting it. Probably I'd think they were joking with me, if not confused. I assure you this is not made up. But I have been confused about this ever since it happened. I've already ruled out that this was simply a dream- I was fully awake while this occurred.

This happened only a couple weeks before I finally made the decision to move out. For some reason, I felt more vulnerable than I ever did sleeping on my bed and resigned myself to sleeping on the futon in my room instead. The wall at my back made me feel deceptively safer.

After I comfortably tucked the blankets in around me, I leaned back to switch the light off. That's when it started. WHAM. The very second the light flicked off, I was immediately hit with the sudden sensation that an entity was literally face to face with me, not even centimeters away. My heart felt like it jumped up into my throat and every natural instinct SCREAMED that it was there. I blinked into the darkness, not seeing a thing. But in my mind's eye I saw something very, very different. It was clear and harrasing-ly abrasive. I saw the pale face of a wild man with feverish eyes and a wicked grin. But far more noticable was the whipping body of a large snake that trailed directly behind his head.

I dove underneath the covers and it was like I could hear and feel his laughter all around me. I don't pretend to know who he was, but I know within my soul that he hated me beyond any human hatred I could fathom. It felt like being mentally and emotionally attacked and invaded from all sides, overwhelming me. And he meant to do me harm, I knew it. That message was clear enough. I clasped my hands together and began to pray desperately for several minutes. It gave me courage. I came up from the covers, looked about my room, and smiled. I had managed to live with and to blatantly ignore everything that had happened so far. This thing had finally shown its true nature, but I wouldn't display my fear of it. As an act of almost defiance I lied down, closed my eyes, and soon after fell asleep. I still felt highly unnerved, but I had an extra feeling of reassurance with me.

However, my peace didn't last long. I don't know when this happened or how soon it occurred after I fell asleep, but later that night I woke to terrible screams and growling. I tried to sit up, but my entire body was frozen. I couldn't move, not even so much as open my eyelids, so I was forced to listen to the myriad of noises in my room. I heard growling, screaming, someone yelling. Throughout all this I thought I heard someone screaming for help. I'm not sure if it was I yelling that, because it sounded so... Distant. I also heard loud rushing, like the sound of a hurricane taking place within my very room. Beaneath the rushing I could barely make out someone talking with a faraway voice. It sounded like broken fragments of a conversation. I thought I heard someone asking who they were, or saying they didn't know who they were- this part has always confused me so I can't say for sure if I heard it 100% correctly.

But as I sat listening to this chaos, I very soon realized the ultra-creepy fact that my mouth was moving- but I wasn't doing it. Not I. There were conscious thoughts going on in my head- but my mouth was moving. Strangely, I had no control over it like the rest of my body.

And then as it seemed the screaming/growling only increased to an all-new intensity... In an instant it all stopped. My room became eerily silent. My mouth was no longer moving and suddenly I realized the rest of me could move again. But didn't dare to. A part of me wanted to reach back and turn the light on... But the rest of me was too afraid of what I might actually see. I could sense the aftermath of what had just happened still lingering in my room, like smoke after a fire. Other than that, I was utterly confused and knew nothing better to do than pray once more and try to fall back asleep... My reaction sounds stupid when written down, but there was literally nothing else I felt to do. "What was that all about?" was all I could think.

* * *

So... I can understand why people don't like to talk about their experiences. Why they fail to believe that they actually happen. Can't blame them. But they do happen. And strangely enough, life goes on. I doubted my sanity within that house, but the fact that nothing that intense ever occurred to me again made me believe in it again. To me, it was just a haunted house. Very haunted. The last night I slept there my light refused to turn off. It was very annoying. When I closed my eyes, the light would turn on. I'd turn it off again and the process just repeated itself. As if it were a good-bye joke of some sort. I can't explain why we had to go through this. We didn't have to invite anything into our lives. Perhaps it was already there, within that house. Who knows? Maybe, somehow, we did invite something.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aya22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-04)
aya22,
What the heck, girl? Where did you go? I check in and see your name has the (guest) designation next to it. 😢
This is sad. I hope you are just taking a break, maybe?
If you want to talk, let me know and leave an email addy or something.
I'll miss you kiddo. 😭

Jav❤
aya22 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
Thank you Pie1025. Yes, life returned to normalcy. Just "getting it out there" helped with that too. But after I moved from this house, I had a very precious and dear-to-me experience that comforted and assured me I was where I was supposed to be finally. If all the events in that house were because of this, I don't know. I can't answer that and still have a lot of questions. But that house wasn't the first of my experiences, nor was it the last. But nothing ever that intense. 😊 😳
pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
Hey Aya, I am sorry that you had to go through so much in your life, hope life has regained normalcy now. When I read your accounts (all 4 of them), I could sense your fear and other emotions, very well written! God Bless, Pie1025.
aya22 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
JimD, if your still hangin' around these parts, could you possibly lend me your opinion? I completed this submission finally, but I'd be really interested in what you have to think of this... Thank you. I'm going out on a limb here...
-aya
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
aya I know what you mean when I joined up I read one of javs posts back then and felt like I could tell mine here without feeling like I was having people laugh at me saying I was crazy, jav has a lot to be thanked for that's for sure. I'm so glad you decided to add your posts on here have enjoyed reading them all.
As for some of us on here getting the feelings written into a post it all depends on the writer too, its obvious when reading yours that you are releasing feelings and thoughts you have kept to yourself and now are ready to get rid of, that comes through very clearly I am in a way glad to say I have "felt" what your writing about it helps to understand the post.
All the best and I hope you never experience anything like this again
Carl ❤ ❤
aya22 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Hey Taz!
You nailed it, that house was pure evil! It's really interesting to me, and I think only attests to having a great amount of integrity (right word?), that you and others on here are able to feel what I felt when this happened and when I posted this. I'm really glad that the awful feeling has passed. It's left me as well. Yes, Jav's story was really something wasn't it? And truth be told, she truly had a hand in making me feel comfortable enough to divulge this experience. And I'm REALLY glad I did! 😁
-aya ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
aya22 In one word wonderful!
I have to say I was worried about opening this post as I had read the others before and just knew this was going to be the worst one yet!
I can not even try to imagin what you suffered at that house. I have never said this before in a comment but wow that house was EVIL!
There is no way that was a made up post, it "felt" real now and then I manage to pick up the "feelings" in a post (never call one I think is true a story) and hell I "felt" this one big time, the last time I got that kind of reaction to a post was jav's last one (cried my eyes out, twice) and this one made me feel actually unwell (has passed)
Thank you, thank you, thank you for having the determination and courage to tell this.
All the best,
Carl
aya22 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Geetha,
YAY! I'm glad you're going to get something off your chest as well. I can't wait to read it! I understand completely how these things can be hard to wrap your head around. No one wants to be scrutinized for being loony, but you're among loonies here, LOL. Just kidding. Please let me know when it's up. Believe me, the sooner you get it off your chest the better off you will be, because then you can finally talk about it and receive answers. 😁
-aya ❤
aya22 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
[at] Jav, thank you! Thanks for bearing with this story and for all your wonderful insight. Truth be told, now that I've gotten this off my chest I've felt some really amazing feelings within and around me. I do have an experience that happened after I moved out, which might make you feel better about it all. However, I don't think it'd fit into YGS as it's not really a ghost story.

[at] Argette, don't you just love that time of year? Especially there? It sounds like you might know the area too.

[at] loganz_sis, yeah I can imagine how frustrating that would be! I'm glad that you got to read it in its entirety.

[at] Christine. As you can see, others here actually prefer a thought-out, well written story. I anticipated criticism, questions, even disbelief- but not the kind that you had. I would hope that in the future you'd judge something not by HOW it is written, but by WHAT is written. However, I can understand judging a story if it is written poorly. They can be confusing, misleading, and just plain exhausting to read. But to shut yourself off because it's written too well? Haha, I suppose I should take that as a compliment. Thank you, I guess. I see that you're new here, so you may not be aware of how many, many users prefer to write their experiences on here. If something is a very long submission, it's broken up into parts to make it easier on readers. It gives you and others a chance to focus in on the details, ask questions, and pick it apart. Imagine how overwhelming this entire story would be if it had only been submitted as one part. Would you even read it? And as for my writing style (thanks for calling it professionally done), I have had years (seven years for this last submission, over a decade for previous ones, to be exact) to mull this over in my brain a thousand times. I've questioned it from all angles. Before I put college on hold (due to financial reasons), I was studying psychology but my main interest was neuroscience. So I'd like to think I can have an objective mind and even criticize myself. Writing style is a poor and lazy excuse to denounce a story. If that's all it takes to shut you off to a submission, then you'll miss out on a lot of great stories and posters on here.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
To Christine,
Just because someone can write well doesn't mean that they don't experience anything. Paranormal events (like any other part of nature) doesn't discriminate against anyone. Personally, I rather read stories like aya22 than some person's poorly written story because it would be easy to understand and have easier questions for them. Also, people who write well and give true events, don't get mad or annoyed if they are backed into a corner with questions.

To Aya22,
Simply WOW! You have done two things for me. One, help me bring back the memory of what happen in a friend's house and two, have the courage to tell it and get it off my chest. Thank you for that!
As for your story, it was spine chilling scary. If I didn't experience something similar, I would have thought, "Can this really happen to people?" (not saying that I don't believe you but wrapping your head around it can be really hard).
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-12)
Thank god I read all your stories today - because if I had read the first three before you submitted the fourth part, believe me I would have been very frustrated!

Great account, and my impression is that you have managed to write it so well because it happened in your childhood; a long time ago. You have had the chance to think, rethink, and think some more to make some sense out of what may have happened in that house. Thanks for sharing I enjoyed reading it.
Argette (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
Aya, I am more likely to believe something that is well presented, with words spelled correctly and a scene well set, as yours was. I loved your reference to autumn in the Poconos. That is where and when I was conceived. Please keep sharing your experiences with us.
aya22 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
Christine, you're literally saying that I made this up because I WRITE WELL?

This comment from Cristine is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-11)
aya,
This experience has to be one of the scariest things I've read on this site. This whole series has been that way. I mean it. There are some experiences that have been posted here that are truly frightening. Ones that I had to walk away from, just like I did earlier here. And I can certainly understand why it was hard to screw up the courage to post it. But I too know how much better it feels to finally let it out. Because it is so personal and the confusion it causes is immeasurable. "Am I crazy? Am I sane?"
But out of everything you have reported about having lived in that house, what hit me the hardest was what happened to you physically. That is now burned into my memory forever.
I am happy for you though. It took a giant leap of faith, and you went ahead and jumped in with both feet. Good for you lady!
Always stand tall.

Jav ❤
aya22 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
Lol, Moonie. I suppose it's not such a bad thing after all, because we all have a certain amount of crazy within us I guess.
aya22 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
Thank you both for you comments! I'm looking forward to your future thoughts after this has 'stewed.' To be honest, my heart was pounding too when I saw that this was up.

Jav! Holy cow woman! LOL, your comment made me laugh. My mother actually forced me to stay a bit longer than I wanted, by a few weeks... I wanted to high-tail it! Fast! Thank you for being so understanding and for opening this one up... Sorry about that deja vu again! I hope it's better for you this time or at the very least goes away soon. I know what you mean by needing to walk away from this one and let it settle. Take your time. I've had this one settling in me for years, but now it's out there, it's off my chest... Phew! Hello, my name is (insert name here) and I've seen a 'ghost.' For some reason I can't vote you up anymore- am severely disappointed.

Argette, have you ever said thank you to somebody and then they reply, "No- thank you!" That's going on here. It's too bad the third one won't open up. I don't think you can say something stupid. No, definitely not sleep paralysis. That's the only time something like that has happened to me. If it were anything else you'd think it would happen again, right? Thank goodness it never has.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
You make sounding crazy sound like a bad thing...

Well if turning off the lights makes the ghosties come out, then what's wrong with a sleep mask?
Argette (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
Thank you, Aya, for sharing all this. I'm starting to understand better, thanks to you and others here. Javelina, it was your comment in the comments roll that led me to the story which I'd overlooked earlier. I went back and read your other posts in this thread, Aya, but somehow No. 3 would not open for me. I won't comment now because I'm afraid of saying something stupid. But, I do want to thank you. I will ponder this as I go about my weekend. No, definitely not sleep paralysis.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
aya,
I'm sitting here listening to my heart pound. I now get it, everything you were saying to me when you first came back. Dear sweet Jesus woman! I don't know how you ever could have remained even a day after the night you had. What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger? Screw that! I'm telling you, I would have been history after that.
And let me just say to those that post behind me...
Do not try and tell her that this was a case of sleep paralysis! Read the other entries to this story before you open up your comment by spewing stupidity. This situation was the culmination of years spent terrorizing her. She doesn't need to fight you off too!
Aya, do tou remember our talking about deja vu?. I'm experiencing that right now. This is the first time I have had an episode of it in about 5 years. Whew!
I have to walk away from this for a little bit to clear my head. I will be back later on, but I have to read something different to get this one settled.
Holy crap! When I saw the title come up in the queue, I had some trepidation about it, and that was where the deja vu kicked in. Scary.

Jav 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: